The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Timeout alert + save draft

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Add a timeout alert and save to draft option

43% 43% 
[ 3 ]
57% 57% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 7

Timeout alert + save draft

Post by TasV on March 9th 2014, 2:39 pm

Some people take ages to type their posts/responses or go away and then come back to type. If they exceed the timeout time and hit send they will be informed they have timed out but when they hit the back button their post is no longer there. Maybe an alert can be added to warn users they are about to timeout and would they like to save a draft of their post/response so they can finish it later... or some similar form of this.

TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 87
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Timeout alert + save draft

Post by ddoesmc on March 9th 2014, 5:49 pm

TasV,
Can you explain why we would need this?

ddoesmc
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Language : Mainly english

http://www.officialmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TasV on March 9th 2014, 6:20 pm

As I mentioned in the OT if someone is typing a new post or a response to a post, and they take too long to post it, they will timeout. They won't know they have timed out because there is no warning. If they finally finish and hit send they will be told they have timed out and they have no way of getting back to the post they were composing because if they hit the back button the text entry field will be empty. If an alert was given with the option of saving the post to a draft form then they can save it and finish it as they can without worrying about losing things. They can always use some kind of text editor first, I know. They could also copy the text before sending.However, it would be nice to be able do it all within the one package without having to resort to a 'work around'. A lot of my more 'mature' members don't even know what control-c does.

I know a lot of the suggestions here involve all the new 'bells and whistles' but sometimes it is the attention to details that helps make the package more intuitive and a more pleasant experience for everyone.. not just the teens who are making gaming forums.

TasV
Forumember

Male Posts : 87

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy on May 17th 2014, 8:27 am

Suggestion clean up.

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924