The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Text/Link glow on hover over

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by Patchy on March 13th 2014, 8:24 pm

Hello again. I'm looking into CSS coding that will make all basic text in posts glow. I'm also looking for a separate code to make links glow when someone hovers over them with a mouse.







Again, I hope this is descriptive enough and I thank all that help or at least attempt to help me in advance.

Edit: Solved and thank you both, Ange and Rhino.


Last edited by Patchy on March 14th 2014, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Patchy
Forumember

Female Posts : 70
Reputation : 1
Language : ENGLISH

http://alciem.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by vaccam on March 13th 2014, 11:18 pm

Try to look into this CSS. Great glow.

http://www.csshelp.net/t915-dark-glow-phpbb3

Maybe off-topic but are we allowed to use Italic and colors on texts?

vaccam
Forumember

Posts : 371
Reputation : 14
Language : Norwegian
Location : Norway

http://www.revengelesspk.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by Pizza Boi on March 14th 2014, 1:52 am

Hi Very Happy

Please provide your forum link and a link to a post where members could also see Smile.

Regards,
Pizza Boi

Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Reputation : 160
Language : French
Location : Pizza Hut!

http://redlustempire.forumtl.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by SLGray on March 14th 2014, 2:11 am

Prince Soren wrote:Hello again. I'm looking into CSS coding that will make all basic text in posts glow. I'm also looking for a separate code to make links glow when someone hovers over them with a mouse.


Again, I hope this is descriptive enough and I thank all that help or at least attempt to help me in advance.
First Reminder:

Please don't use bold or color and keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35635
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 14th 2014, 6:58 am

Hello Prince Soren,

To make posts message content glow, add this CSS :
Code:
.post .content div { text-shadow:0 0 3px #909; }

To make links glow on hover, use this :
Code:
a:hover { text-shadow:0 0 6px #f00; }

The first two values (0) are the position of the shadow. The third value (3/6) is the softness of the shadow. The fourth value is the color of the shadow.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Reputation : 2683
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by Patchy on March 14th 2014, 3:47 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Hello Prince Soren,

To make posts message content glow, add this CSS :
Code:
.post .content div { text-shadow:0 0 3px #909; }

To make links glow on hover, use this :
Code:
a:hover { text-shadow:0 0 6px #f00; }

The first two values (0) are the position of the shadow. The third value (3/6) is the softness of the shadow. The fourth value is the color of the shadow.

Thank you for both, but with th second one, is there a way to make it fade into the glow upon hover?

Patchy
Forumember

Female Posts : 70
Reputation : 1
Language : ENGLISH

http://alciem.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by Rhino.Freak on March 14th 2014, 4:47 pm

I believe you are asking for a fade to glow animated effect effect try adding "transition-duration: 300ms;" on hover part.

Rhino.Freak
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1243
Reputation : 105
Language : English
Location : Mumbai, India

http://freetest.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by Patchy on March 14th 2014, 4:50 pm

@Rhino.Freak wrote:I believe you are asking for a fade to glow animated effect effect try adding "transition-duration: 300ms;" on hover part.

That did it. Thank you Rhino and Ange. solved and marked~!

Patchy
Forumember

Female Posts : 70
Reputation : 1
Language : ENGLISH

http://alciem.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Text/Link glow on hover over

Post by SLGray on March 14th 2014, 7:20 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35635
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum