The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ameritech.net Registration Error

4 posters

Go down

In progress ameritech.net Registration Error

Post by BobCat March 22nd 2014, 3:47 pm

I have a person who would like to join my forum, but when we enter his ameritech.net email address it says that the email is invalid.  Can someone tell me what to do to fix this?

Thanks!
BobCat

Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: ameritech.net Registration Error

Post by Pizza Boi March 22nd 2014, 3:50 pm

Hi Very Happy

It's either his email does not exist or his email is not accepted by the forum. Did you suggest having him create a new email in websites like Yahoo!, Google, or Outlook?

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by BobCat March 22nd 2014, 3:52 pm

Pizza Boi wrote:Hi Very Happy

It's either his email does not exist or his email is not accepted by the forum. Did you suggest having him create a new email in websites like Yahoo!, Google, or Outlook?

Regards,
Pizza Boi
I know his email exists, so it must be the latter.  I wonder why they wouldn't accept this address...
BobCat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 22nd 2014, 3:55 pm

Hi Very Happy

Maybe you should try asking Buttercup this since I do not know what type of emails Forumotion accepts. It would be best to ask her considering she is our, uhm, Techy-sama? Goddess? Lol, I don't know.

Anyway, Buttercup-sama will be the one to be able to answer this question or any of the staff Smile ;however, if you'd like, why don't you try registering in this forum with that specific email and see if it accepts it?

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 23rd 2014, 12:42 pm

Hello,

We had similar issue about this long time ago, it seems to be related to domain names and e-mails being blocked by the anti-spam system, can you send the e-mail and the link of your forum to me by PM, and I'll try to consult the problem to our pro administrator.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Neptune- March 23rd 2014, 1:24 pm

Hello ^^

Emails such as contact@domain.com or admin@domain.net would never work.

You also can have this error message if many accounts have been registered recently with the same adress and in a short period of time.

Trying to join another Forumotion with automatic validation with this same email adress will give you a message like "Invalid email"
For this last issue you can change accounts activation by "User activation" just time for your member to join.
Neptune-
Neptune-
Forumember

Female Posts : 496
Language : French (10), English (8), CSS (5), HTML (4), Javascript (4)

https://www.galaxie-series.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 23rd 2014, 3:34 pm

Neptune- wrote:Hello ^^

Emails such as contact@domain.com or admin@domain.net would never work.

You also can have this error message if many accounts have been registered recently with the same adress and in a short period of time.

Trying to join another Forumotion with automatic validation with this same email adress will give you a message like "Invalid email"
For this last issue you can change accounts activation by "User activation" just time for your member to join.
Hi Very Happy

Inline with what Neptune said, it will be really easier if the member registers by a usual email address hosted in Yahoo, Google, Gmail, Outlook, Hotmail (For old emails), etc.

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down