The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is forumotion/forums dying?

+5
Ange Tuteur
Jophy
Pizza Boi
TheShaka
S-t-e-v-e-
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

is forumotion/forums dying? Empty is forumotion/forums dying?

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 26th 2014, 9:24 pm

I dont know if it just forumotion or just forum in general are dying becasue they not adapting to be more mobile friendly... becasue i done everything in my power to promote my forum and the visitors hits are still falling.
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

is forumotion/forums dying? Empty Re: is forumotion/forums dying?

Post by TheShaka March 26th 2014, 9:25 pm

I think just your forum is not interesing...
TheShaka
TheShaka
Forumember

Male Posts : 413
Language : polish

http://seiya.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 26th 2014, 9:27 pm

Hi Very Happy

Pardon, but I do not believe that Forumotion's dying. There are a lot of factors contributing to the decline of a Forum's popularity and what Shaka stated is one of them.

For example: You can't force someone to like what you like and make them join it or view it for that matter .-.

But yeah, I do believe it's not a cause by Forumotion in general so try endorsing better Smile .

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 26th 2014, 9:28 pm

i have over 70,000 likes facebook Wink my webiste is getting over 2000 hit per day Wink i think it pretty interesting mate Wink
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaka March 26th 2014, 9:28 pm

So why you saying your forum visitors "hits are still falling."
TheShaka
TheShaka
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 26th 2014, 9:30 pm

my forum was getting over 3000 hits per day but after the virus that was on forumotion it has fell down to over over 1000 hits per day Wink my facebook page is grow by 100 like per day and my website is growing slowly but is growing.

S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaka March 26th 2014, 9:31 pm

Ya because its more easy to press like than register in forum logic man...
I think you have virus in your head man... If you don't like forumotion just change it, i am not understand people like you.
And post your forum link i want see it if you can.
TheShaka
TheShaka
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 26th 2014, 9:33 pm

TheShaka wrote:Ya because its more easy to press like than register in forum logic man...
I think you have virus in your head man... If you don't like forumotion just change it, i am not understand people like you.

virus in my head? you clearly wasn't around when there WAS on virus on an hell a lot of forumotion forums becasue i was the one who found them all Wink
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 26th 2014, 9:37 pm

Hi Very Happy

Guys, no offense but this is getting us nowhere lol. Anyway, if your forum's really that popular, then you really should have no problem posting it Smile . Also, even though there was a virus, it shouldn't really matter if you get a lower statistics than normal since that happens sometimes.

The only thing you can do is just update that your forum's fine, is all and if the people want, they'll view it again since it is THEIR option and not yours.

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 26th 2014, 9:40 pm

please dont talk to me like i dont know what i am doing i have been doing this for the past 8 years thank you very much.

of coruse it matter do research and you will see it's matter ;)you never get your ranking back you had before!!

Link Removed

Link Removed

would you like to see my twitter account, google plus, youtube and imstagram account also Wink
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 26th 2014, 9:52 pm

Hi Very Happy

If you thought that my statements imply that I think you don't know what you are doing, then my apologies for that.

If you're forum and Facebook page is popular, then congratulations as I have no say in it; however, remember this, everyone else has their own thing so if they view your forum, okay, and if they don't, we can't do anything about it. If you have a problem with your statistics, then you actually care about your ranking so do something about it Smile . Some of us are just a bunch of amateurs in comparison to you in endorsing after all.

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 26th 2014, 9:55 pm

S-t-e-v-e- wrote: becasue i done everything in my power to promote my forum and the visitors hits are still falling.
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheShaka March 26th 2014, 9:56 pm

Is that what i say...
More people like your fb page because its face book many ppl almost live in face book and they need only press like everything is more easy...
In forum then need register etc...
TheShaka
TheShaka
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy March 27th 2014, 3:25 am

TheShaka wrote:Ya because its more easy to press like than register in forum logic man...
And post your forum link i want see it if you can.

S-t-e-v-e- wrote:please dont talk to me like i dont know what i am doing i have been doing this for the past 8 years thank you very much.

of coruse it matter do research and you will see it's matter ;)you never get your ranking back you had before!!

Link Removed

Link Removed

would you like to see my twitter account, google plus, youtube and imstagram account also Wink
Please be reminded that posting external links on this section is not allowed !!! If you want to check each other's forums, then please use the PM feature ! I will not issue any warning/ban but please take note of the rules ! Consider this to be your last reminder.

Also(to everyone), please try not to be aggressive towards your co-members, everyone is allowed to express their own opinions. If the topic gets out of hand, I will be forced to lock this topic and hand out warnings/bans.

This message doesn't require a reply, if you have any questions about this, please send me a PM instead. Thank you.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur March 27th 2014, 6:49 am

The amount of visits you receive depends on content, activity, and friendliness of a community. Eventually people lose interest in a certain subject and move onto something else. It really depends on how many people are searching for what your forum is talking about and how well indexed it is.

The forum software and hosting can play a major role; uptime, speed, security.. If your forum is down, slow, or insecure it can affect your activity. *If* it is insecure you will receive a warning from your browser or on google search.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 27th 2014, 7:45 am

i just dont understand why my vitistors hits on my forum is falling and everything is growing, yes i spend an hell a lot of time promoting everything, so eather forumotion is slowing dying or just forum in general are dying. but i have also have to say my hits only started falling when there was on the virus on a hell a lot of forumotion forums.
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 27th 2014, 8:24 pm

Well your hits might be falling, but mine are increasing.

is forumotion/forums dying? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 27th 2014, 8:57 pm

what is your hit per day SLGray? if it's FH theme then it will grow becasue it new but will it every get to my 3000plus a day it's very unlikey sorry i believe the virus has damage the name of forumotion or my forum would be top of all google ranking like my facebook page and website is.
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri March 27th 2014, 9:40 pm

Okay let me use facebook as an example.

Facebook for awhile now have been excperiancing a loss in what they call 'sign ups'. Now why is this? Well most of the words population has a facebook already and therefore their target audience is significantly reduced to the point in which its no longer has as many 'sign ups' as it did in 2012 because its target audience is reduced.

Let me use another example

Youtube, do you know those big Youtubers with like 1-10 million plus subscribers? They too will start to loose because their target audience is already aware of them and those who aren't, might not be interested in what content they offer. Inevitably when you're the top of your game so to speak you will fall.....for some this does take years upon years, for some they never fall because they find new ways to promote their business, website, forum etc.

I believe your forum is about a specific breed of dog right? Well eventually you'll have most of your target audience that cares enough to sign up or investigate your forum. You said you were the top....well people at the top fall, you've got a lot of your target audience and thus you'll start to decline in views, sign ups, etc.

Alas these things are inevitable. It is likely that the norton situation did impact your forum but at the end of the day that is resolved and now if you're aren't reaching the view, then something could have changed, people might not give a damn about what you offer, people might have found another community, promotion whatever that prefer to yours.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by perfectSTORM! March 27th 2014, 11:11 pm

So I guess I should say something. I usually don't get involved in topics here on the Help site, but I feel I have something important to say so here goes. I've been a 'forumer' on Forumotion since June 3rd, 2012. And I have to say that Forumotion is not dying. I agree with what people above were saying which was that with getting more members on your forum it depends on five things:

-- Forum Content
 -- Forum Activity
 -- Forum Idea/Purpose
 -- Staff Dedication to the Forum
 -- Welcoming Community

Although the majority of the forums I created didn't get as many members as I liked, I keep trying my best and improving my skills of seeing what people like and don't like so I know what to make next. My most successful project of Forumotion was Magica Academy. It was a roleplay of a Harry Potter-esque which allowed members to create characters and roleplay around the Academy while taking classes, learning spells, participating in events, etc. 

From my experience, I think that you have to also go out and advertise your forum or no one will know about it. And also if we're talking about not just the English version of 'Forumotion', there are plenty of other FM forums in different languages which have plenty of members.

Thanks,

Tony
perfectSTORM!
perfectSTORM!
Forumember

Male Posts : 328
Language : English | Spanish [1] | HTML

http://themagicgames.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 28th 2014, 3:15 am

S-t-e-v-e- wrote:what is your hit per day SLGray? if it's FH theme then it will grow becasue it new but will it every get to my 3000plus a day it's very unlikey sorry i believe the virus has damage the name of forumotion or my forum would be top of all google ranking like my facebook page and website is.
No, it is another forum.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 28th 2014, 9:53 am

Derri wrote:Okay let me use facebook as an example.

Facebook for awhile now have been excperiancing a loss in what they call 'sign ups'. Now why is this? Well most of the words population has a facebook already and therefore their target audience is significantly reduced to the point in which its no longer has as many 'sign ups' as it did in 2012 because its target audience is reduced.

Let me use another example

Youtube, do you know those big Youtubers with like 1-10 million plus subscribers? They too will start to loose because their target audience is already aware of them and those who aren't, might not be interested in what content they offer. Inevitably when you're the top of your game so to speak you will fall.....for some this does take years upon years, for some they never fall because they find new ways to promote their business, website, forum etc.

I believe your forum is about a specific breed of dog right? Well eventually you'll have most of your target audience that cares enough to sign up or investigate your forum. You said you were the top....well people at the top fall, you've got a lot of your target audience and thus you'll start to decline in views, sign ups, etc.

Alas these things are inevitable. It is likely that the norton situation did impact your forum but at the end of the day that is resolved and now if you're aren't reaching the view, then something could have changed, people might not give a damn about what you offer, people might have found another community, promotion whatever that prefer to yours.

i would agree with if my facebook page, website was falling also but not they still growing onmy forum is falling. ;)i know how to look after an website an forum do you think i wouldn't look at rival forums and website? gosh I'm sick of being treated like an beginner on here..

when i found the virus all thought i was stupid tell me to get an better anti virus, i did say this would happen, it took 3 months to sort the bloody thing out!!
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 28th 2014, 10:24 am

If it is because of the virus (I believe what you are referring to was not virus.) then why has no other members complained?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizza Boi March 28th 2014, 10:57 am

Hi Very Happy

Because that so-called "Virus" didn't affect our statistics too much :/ .

Regards,
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 28th 2014, 12:15 pm

SLGray wrote:If it is because of the virus (I believe what you are referring to was not virus.) then why has no other members complained?

maybe they not has bothered as me & dont check stat like i do, i knew for an fact my ranking started fall the same day i report this virus on forumotion and has never recovered from it.

Pizza Boi wrote:Hi Very Happy

Because that so-called "Virus" didn't affect our statistics too much :/.

Regards,
Pizza Boi

Of coruse it does please do your research before posting again please, if you was google or any other big search engine and you pick this up would you trust them on the first page of poplour seach ranking again, i because wouldn't yes the problem has been fix that doesn't mean google will trust forumotion again!!

here is when we first reported

https://help.forumotion.com/t124062-norton-blocking-forumotion

is forumotion/forums dying? A_zps38114426

same day has my forum hits started to fall!! you can say this or that about how i run my forum to me that coincidence!
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray March 28th 2014, 8:46 pm

How is your ranking on the search engines?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by T.R24 March 29th 2014, 4:49 pm

The virus will definitely have had an effect. I don't know why the people above are questioning you over the existence of the virus? I remember it happening at the time, so that seems a bit odd that members of staff are saying it wasn't a virus.

Viruses aside, just remember, things change and you can't force people to talk about things. People will use a forum because they want to talk about something, and because there's no where else for them to talk about it. 

I wouldn't say forums in general are going out of fashion, but with Twitter/Facebook and all these sorts of things, people won't use forums just for the sake of it anymore. If you're desperate for your forum to be successful, there's a good chance you're forcing it too much. The best, most natural forums are the ones that don't have to be endlessly promoted. I can't say I've got one of those forums. Good examples are forums for fans of sporting teams. They're passionate about their team and they'll post on the team's forum, which would have been made by the first lucky guy that thought of making it. Too many areas are diluted with loads of forums, and it just doesn't work. The best forums are the ones that are the only one of their kind. 

You could still have a very successful forum though, and I imagine you do have a successful forum. I don't think forum owners can be unhappy though that there aren't enough people posting or using their service. People will only use it if they want to.
T.R24

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 29th 2014, 5:52 pm

SLGray wrote:How is your ranking on the search engines?

becasue my forum was on top of staffordshire bull terrier / staffy <--- i was getting over 30,000 impression & over 200 clicks per day since i started my forum and now my ranking is on pages 4/5 i be lucky to get 100 impression and 10 clicks per day
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri March 29th 2014, 7:10 pm

is forumotion/forums dying? Staffy_zps87771f18

Your on top for me, first link, clicked on, saw your site and then your forum.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by S-t-e-v-e- March 29th 2014, 8:22 pm

becasue you already have click on them Wink delete your cookies and you will see the forum will be on page 4
S-t-e-v-e-
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next