Making "Classic Version" the default

Go down

Solved Making "Classic Version" the default

Post by troyeccles on March 30th 2014, 4:00 am

Hello,

I've received comments from non-members on my board that the mobile version looks awful and is the reason they've not come back to visit.

I realise that all they have to do is select "Classic Version" but it would seem that a lot of people that have looked at the site have left immediately not liking what they've seen.

Ok so...is there a way of making the "Classic Version" the default whether someone views on a mobile device or not?

I've tried to disable the Mobile Version completely by putting the following code into a javascript and selecting "In all the pages" but it's not had any effect:

[panda=js]$(function() { 
  if(window._userdata && _userdata.page_desktop) window.location = _userdata.page_desktop; 
});

So can I either set the default version to "Classic" and leave the ability to switch to the mobile version if preferred or disable the mobile version completely (as per the non-working script above)?

Many thanks in advance.

Troy.

troyeccles
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Making "Classic Version" the default

Post by troyeccles on March 30th 2014, 11:38 am

An update. I tried a slight variation on the above code:

$(function() { 
  if(window._userdata && _userdata.page_desktop) window.location = _userdata.page_desktop; 
});

And this appears to be working now. It goes to the mobile version very briefly before redirecting. 

As far as I'm concerned, this is solved. Sorry.

troyeccles
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Making "Classic Version" the default

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 30th 2014, 1:24 pm

Thanks for posting the solution.

Topic solved and archived
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13195
Language : EN10, FR5, JA5