The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users?

4 posters

Go down

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users?

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Left1133%Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Right11 33% 
[ 1 ]
Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Left1167%Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Right11 67% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 3

Poll closed

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Empty Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users?

Post by Talk Wed 2 Apr - 1:12

After all the discussions about security issues on the internet, this has become an important topic:
http://lifehacker.com/5938565/heres-everywhere-you-should-enable-two-factor-authentication-right-now/all

Will Forumotion provide two-factor authentication, too?

The cheapest and most comfortable option would be to implement the Google Authenticator:
It would build a lot of trust for potential forum members to register and would protect the accounts of forum administrators perfectly.

Thank you very much in advance!
Talk
Forumember

Male Posts : 127
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Empty Re: Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users?

Post by Pizza Boi Wed 2 Apr - 10:55

Hi Very Happy

But the main problem with these things is that once those authenticators are the ones hacked, we'll end up in more trouble.

Whatever FM has now is in its own server and own authenticator so I voted no for this particular idea. Sorry.

Regards,
Pizza boi
Pizza Boi
Pizza Boi
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2016
Language : French

Back to top Go down

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Empty Re: Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users?

Post by SLGray Wed 2 Apr - 11:45

I would afraid that many of my members will leave if I use this. It sounds that you have to enter more personal information that some people would prefer not to give.

Would you like to get two-factor authentication for the login of your users? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk Fri 4 Apr - 19:55

Pizza Boi wrote:But the main problem with these things is that once those authenticators are the ones hacked, we'll end up in more trouble.

Why should this be a problem?

With the authenticator alone the hacker can't access an account.

And the resetting of the Authenticator can be fused in the way that this can be done only by the original member.

Pizza Boi wrote:Whatever FM has now is in its own server and own authenticator ...

Accounts at Forumotion are only protected by passwords, right?

Once the password is stolen, the member losses control of his account.

Last edited by Talk on Fri 4 Apr - 19:58; edited 2 times in total
Talk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Talk Fri 4 Apr - 19:57

SLGray wrote:I would afraid that many of my members will leave if I use this.  It sounds that you have to enter more personal information that some people would prefer not to give.  

Nobody will be forced to use the Authenicator.

So why should anyone be afraid of it?

And no personal information are needed to activate the Authenicator.

I haven't heard of any Google or Facebook customer leaving the service since they offer two-factor authentification.
Talk
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Jophy Sat 17 May - 9:34

Suggestion clean up.
Jophy
Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum