The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ask the staff (No support here)

+68
JennyorAlice
Draxion
Sienna
skouliki
Mimóza
Elementar
RyanPham
khabur330162
Caihlem
An
Kiyomizu
Take Notes
KpuCk0
Niko
Ellianna17
Kratos
Anzo
ANGrey
Angelo Andrei
Russel
Ape
Ace 1
DireGames
mpelmmc
109190xmas
Sir. Mayo
Nemo
ShadesOfJay
_Twisted_Mods_
Worst Nightmare
Eugeo Igvalt
brandon_g
Ultron's Vision
darkgoku
Joost
Stephen-
Ramdaman
AngelaHolmes
Agent 86
kur0
TheCrow
Nicole GFA
RichDope
PunBBGR
01roby
Illest
remson
Tommy Lee
The Wicked Angel
Thor2
levy
JazeonX
Kiaraa
Ange Tuteur
Beyonder
Sir Chivas™
BlackScorpion
ddoesmc
TheShaka
Derri
SLGray
Jophy
Pizza Boi
RadioHead
Kite Trojan
Rhino.Freak
T.R24
Base
72 posters

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next

Go down

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 5 Empty Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Base April 4th 2014, 11:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

Members have suggested a topic where they can ask questions for the Forumotion Team. Here, you are free to ask questions and members of staff will answer them.

Please note that the staff reserves the right to refuse to answer any question that we deem as inappropriate. This topic will also be locked if things get out of hand. Thank you.

This is NOT a place to ask for support. All questions regarding support must be done in the appropriate sections.

Last edited by Base on May 7th 2014, 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 5 Empty Re: Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by SLGray June 19th 2014, 5:18 am

RichDope wrote:Hey, I dont know if anyone remember me but im Richard (i forgot my password to the old account) , I been in top 3 best forum creators on the Romanian forum 3 years ago, but due to my personal life i quited. Now I'm back beacuse i need to make a forum for my family. The problem is I forgot everything i used to know, and i was wondering if you guys know or have any adivce of how should i remember everything, or where to start reading the basics or something that can help me remember. Thank you Smile
Read through the Frequently Asked Questions section - https://help.forumotion.com/t59451-frequently-asked-questions .

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 5 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Ask the staff (No support here) - Page 5 Empty Re: Ask the staff (No support here)

Post by Nicole GFA June 22nd 2014, 12:50 am

Hi, I need help with one account :/
Nicole GFA

Language : Portuguese/English

http://www.rpghogwarts.org/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole GFA June 22nd 2014, 12:51 am

Is the problem of the "addfly" D: and isn't the caches or the plugins.
In the mobile the user have the same problem in the native browser as the pc browser!
Nicole GFA

Language : Portuguese/English

http://www.rpghogwarts.org/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest June 22nd 2014, 1:35 am

Hello, this is not a thread for support. =) If you need help, please ask your questions in the support section. This thread is for learning about the staff members.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by PunBBGR June 30th 2014, 4:39 pm

Hello,

When will the results of the hitskin contest will be announced?

Regards.
PunBBGR
PunBBGR
Forumember

Language : Greek, English

http://helpgr.forumgreek.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Base June 30th 2014, 5:44 pm

Hello,

We are currently in the process of voting for the winners. Please have patience and the results will be announced very soon.
Base
Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow July 17th 2014, 10:59 pm

Hello,

can i change my name? if yes where could i ask to do it?

Thanks.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6898

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur July 18th 2014, 12:29 am

Marios94 wrote:Hello,

can i change my name? if yes where could i ask to do it?

Thanks.
I don't think this is the topic to ask, but you must PM an Administrator. (i.e. Buttercup)
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kur0 July 18th 2014, 1:11 am

Getting support here has been a huge pain. I made an account 2 years ago and need to disable my page. I don't remember my username so finding out my password is impossible.  There are no contact help button only forms and post where you need an account to seek any help. So I finally found a promising post suggesting I pm Buttercup however this means creating a new account since my problem is I can’t remember my username and there is no support for that. I create and verify my account, I log in and I follow the instructions posted by Buttercup and I’m told “You haven't reached the post limit for sending private messages.” I’ve wasted the better part of an hour just trying to find a way to get help. I will post in support area with more detail on my problem and what I need help with but I saw this post and would like to request an easier way for people to contact staff of forumotion.
kur0

Language : english

http://youth-voice.your-talk.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 18th 2014, 4:26 am

You only need two posts before you can use the private message system.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kur0 July 18th 2014, 6:54 am

just curious how do you expect a person who lost the user name and have to create a new account just to get help to start with to know that? I guess I’m lucky enough to have found this topic or I would only have 1 post, and I only posted here to suggest an easier way.
kur0

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 18th 2014, 7:06 am

Well, doing a search with the keywords lost password would have brought up the topic you read.  Everyone has to create an account to post on the support forum.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur July 18th 2014, 11:01 am

kur0 wrote:just curious how do you expect a person who lost the user name and have to create a new account just to get help to start with to know that? I guess I’m lucky enough to have found this topic or I would only have 1 post, and I only posted here to suggest an easier way.
Hi,

Have you read the welcome PM sent to you ? It should state it somewhere at the bottom, if it's still the same as it was during February.

The Godfather wrote:Exclamation Note: Since you are a new registered member on this forum you won't be able to send any Private Messages to other members until you will have posted at least one message anywhere on the forum.
Ange Tuteur
Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13246
Language : English & 日本語

https://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kur0 July 18th 2014, 6:05 pm

I already have an account that is a few years old. I have to create a second account to access my frist account. I dont see the benefit to anyone. It more work for the user and it takes up more name and adds more space mailboxes and potentially loses customer who may leave if they dont get the username or forum name they want. I guess it reflects a higher level of users but if that was your goal then allowing bots to create accounts would be a better way. 

I might seem like the outlier because I'm going through the trouble but how many people do you think are just abounding their old accounts and if they feel like making a new forum they just creating new accounts because that is not only easier but the only way? How dose that serve you? If no one visit the forums they just take up space and do not provide any revenue. As said up earlier you might lose potential customers. 

I could not find anything reflecting my problem lost password is not the same as lost account name. And the searches are flooded with topics that where not relevant to me.  

No I did not read the welcome after spending hours doing search to try and reclaim my old account I was very frustrated when I saw something it was promising I wanted to act on it I was not trying to create a new account and explore the site so a welcome message did not feel like it would be any help. After all there is so much information on the forum and its so flooded with useless information to me why should a welcome feel like it would have the right information?

PS as I write this I feel like I sound disgruntled I'm not I'm just trying to provide perspective of what I feel is a very flawed process.
kur0

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 18th 2014, 6:45 pm

kur0 wrote:I already have an account that is a few years old. I have to create a second account to access my frist account. I dont see the benefit to anyone. It more work for the user and it takes up more name and adds more space mailboxes and potentially loses customer who may leave if they dont get the username or forum name they want. I guess it reflects a higher level of users but if that was your goal then allowing bots to create accounts would be a better way. 

I might seem like the outlier because I'm going through the trouble but how many people do you think are just abounding their old accounts and if they feel like making a new forum they just creating new accounts because that is not only easier but the only way? How dose that serve you? If no one visit the forums they just take up space and do not provide any revenue. As said up earlier you might lose potential customers. 

I could not find anything reflecting my problem lost password is not the same as lost account name. And the searches are flooded with topics that where not relevant to me.  

No I did not read the welcome after spending hours doing search to try and reclaim my old account I was very frustrated when I saw something it was promising I wanted to act on it I was not trying to create a new account and explore the site so a welcome message did not feel like it would be any help. After all there is so much information on the forum and its so flooded with useless information to me why should a welcome feel like it would have the right information?

PS as I write this I feel like I sound disgruntled I'm not I'm just trying to provide perspective of what I feel is a very flawed process.

Hi,

Sadly if you forgot your old username then there isn't much we can do really without you signing up again and providing your old account email address as I believe a search can be done on an email address within the ACP in order to find an account.

When you create an account you're sent your username and password to the email address you signed up with so you could potentially have it in your old email.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 18th 2014, 7:53 pm

What do you mean an old account?  Are you referring to the support forum?  The support forum and your forum are two separate forums.  You have to register to use the support forum.

This is really turning into a support question.  This topic is not for support.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 18th 2014, 8:08 pm

SLGray wrote:What do you mean an old account?  Are you referring to the support forum?  The support forum and your forum are two separate forums.  You have to register to use the support forum.

This is really turning into a support question.  This topic is not for support.

I admit I too had trouble wondering what one he was referring to.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 18th 2014, 8:12 pm

Wait a minute.  Do you mean an account as a forum you created, but have forgotten the link to it?

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kur0 July 18th 2014, 9:02 pm

Since this is more about my problem would you prefer to talk about it there? And not how hard it is to access help which I thought that was the point of this thread.

I created an account 2 years ago to create a forum. I love forums and thought it would be perfect for my needs. The idea was to provide resources for youth and then the youth would provide perspective and participation in the group that provided the resources. But I could not get the by in from my membership. And since then I’ve gotten a grant that has been all consuming. I do not have time or the support to run the forums they are inactive but people keep going to them and it reflects badly on our group since we have no one to run them and keep it active.

I have access to the email that created this account and still use it as my primary email. I have the email from forumotion with the user name is Admin. I tried Admin and did not work. I did find out my forum user name but do not remember the password for the forum and since it’s the founders account it will not let me use password recover on the forum.

I came here for help but I don’t know my user name here. I tried my forum user name, my email and other likely names I would have used. I also did try a search for my user name using my email as the search terms under membership with no luck.  I’ve also tried password retrieval with likely user names I might have used it ask for account name and email, I’m guessing that my email is different than my account name then everything I’ve tried has said that it does not match your records.

All I really need is to shut down my old forums I’d like to use us in the future use forums but right now we are not prepared.  
kur0

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 18th 2014, 10:03 pm

Yes. The topic is about asking questions about the staff team, not support questions.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by kur0 July 20th 2014, 6:04 pm

Thats what I thought and I do try to be respectful. You been here for years that an achievement on the internet, so what your doing is not bad.  My point from the start was a suggestion to make this easier to access. If set up right you can make this even better for you guy in the long run and help with growth of your site. 

I thought of a good example.
Have a contact us button that takes you to page that has: 
Link to your forums if people would prefer to use that. 
or an email option. the email option would look like below.  

email information box, 
nick /preferred name to be called box, 
a few drop down selection boxes One main that ask what sort of problem I'm having (with my account) (With my forum) 
a sub drop down box that has common problems, (I need help with getting my password) (I need help doing ____ on my forum),
a title box
a description box  that based on the selection would tell the user what infmation to include and what information not to include.  
disclaimer that it might take x amount of time. 2 business days would be good I would think. 
Then you can do multiple things, 

1. An automated bot post to an area where only the staff can see and solve the problem and any response would be email back to the person seeking help. This shares the workload keeps it nice and clean and user are not frustrated seeking help promoting growth. 
2. An automated bot that post some thing or send some things to the staff. If there a problem where only Buttercup could help it would send them directly to Buttercup, if it was a problem that the community could help with it could post as as a guest using the nick/preferred name from the box might say (guest kur0) uses topic for topic and posted the description in the chat box.. If you use this method make sure to include another disclaimer  saying somthing like "To hasten an answer of your problem we open this question to the public" a box that they can check that would notify by email. And after they fill it out they can get an email and be redirected to a link that says check the status of my problem. 

Sure it sounds complicated but it would make it easier for the user to seek help in the right place and it would keep the topics posted in the right place. After the work to set up it would make your lives easier I'd image, keep the forum cleaner, and help out the people who are really confused or cant find the right spot for their topic. It also reduces the time it takes to seek help and dose not create multiple accounts for one person. 
kur0

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2014, 6:14 pm

I can't be a 100% sure why we don't use the contact form but I believe its because people would spam it with support questions, spam it in general as this is a busy forum and the fact that it goes to one email address.

Its much easier and quicker for one individual to just create a second account, send a PM to an admin and have him do the lookup work.

Its rare that people forget their username for this forum. Generally if people do they know the email they use and will go to the email address and find one of the emails that has their username on it. Most people if anything forget a password they use.

The whole automated bot thing, wouldn't work because we don't have a system built on FM that would allow us to do this.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by Agent 86 July 20th 2014, 6:41 pm

How can I delete the forum I created?  We no longer use or need it.
Agent 86

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 20th 2014, 7:16 pm

Agent 86 wrote:How can I delete the forum I created?  We no longer use or need it.

Please open a topic in the support forum for questions like these as this topic doesn't provide support.
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 20th 2014, 7:59 pm

To all members, this topic is not for support for your forums.  It is for asking about the staff team, like this question, "What have you learned about Forumotion?"

If support questions are continued to be asked, this topic wil be locked.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow July 21st 2014, 11:06 am

Hello,

I remember seeing this question before but i don't remember where i have seen it to check the answer again. So i will ask it here.
How can a simple member become a Staff Member?

Oh and btw, congrats to Derri for the promotion to Manager and congrats to APE for becoming a Support Moderator! Wink

Have a good day and a lovely week!
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri July 21st 2014, 11:14 am

MrMind wrote:Hello,

I remember seeing this question before but i don't remember where i have seen it to check the answer again. So i will ask it here.
How can a simple member become a Staff Member?

Oh and btw, congrats to Derri for the promotion to Manager and congrats to APE for becoming a Support Moderator! Wink

Have a good day and a lovely week!

Thank you Very Happy

It can vary depending on what team you actually want to join.

Generally to become a support moderator you need the following:

• Be active within the support sections
  • Have a good knowledge of Forumotion and how it works
  • Know the FM terms of Service
  • Know coding skills (this isn't essential but it does help a lot)

The review team is a little more simple - complete reviews to a good standard + good English
The Graphics Team is to have great graphics skills and good communication skills.

I kind of said the last two teams quickly because their isn't too much stuff you need.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow July 21st 2014, 11:21 am

For further questions i will send you a pm so i wont be spamming.

Thanks a lot.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray July 21st 2014, 11:34 am

Asking to join the staff team is really not allowed. When we need more staff, we will contact someone who we believe fits the position.

SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow July 21st 2014, 12:29 pm

Ok SLGray. Thank you for your response.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 21  Next