The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

(imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Niko on May 13th 2014, 9:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello,

today lots of images hosted on imgfast.net (your service) have been lost


Can you do something to restore them? or Have we lost them forever? :rose:
Thanks for your time

Niko
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2165
Reputation : 93
Language : English, French, Italian, Spanish, Latin

https://www.translationscloud.com/?utm_source=forumotion&utm

Back to top Go down


In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by APE on July 31st 2014, 9:05 pm

our tech staff are still looking in to the problem We are sorry it is taking longer then we thought.





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8319
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Leviosa on August 1st 2014, 9:34 am

Hello

Our technicians are still working on this problem. Other communities have the same issue so they try to know where it is coming from. I am very sorry for the time it takes.

Thanks for your understanding Smile


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15373
Reputation : 1563
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by mikeevster on August 1st 2014, 8:21 pm

Hi again, in case it may help I can see all ofthe gallery photos on my phone when I go to the site, but not on my computer or laptop. Good luck guys.

mikeevster
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by SLGray on August 1st 2014, 10:31 pm

@mikeevster wrote:Hi again, in case it may help I can see all ofthe gallery photos on my phone when I go to the site, but not on my computer or laptop. Good luck guys.
This sounds like a browser issue, because you said that you can see it on your phone.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641
Reputation : 2374
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by mikeevster on August 2nd 2014, 11:46 pm

@SLGray wrote:This sounds like a browser issue, because you said that you can see it on your phone.

Hi, if it is a browser issue, then all of our members have this browserissue. Nobody else that I know ofcan see the 'lost' gallery photos on their phone, just me. I'm thinking about using the restore function, but I'm not happy with having to lose extremely informative posts.

mikeevster
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by SLGray on August 3rd 2014, 1:45 am

Let us wait until Buttercuo replies with information from the techs when she gets it.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641
Reputation : 2374
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by mikeevster on August 8th 2014, 8:22 am

Just wondering if this could be a servimg problem, as one of our Admins has tried reloading some photos and an unrelatedphoto shows up in the gallery, then when you click onto it the correct photo is there. I'm wanting to reload photos, butI'm not goingto waste my time if this is happening. I'm starting to go crazy now ...... It has been pointed out to me that my phone will be cached and will store the pics in the cache. That makes sense to me.

mikeevster
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by mikeevster on August 17th 2014, 9:04 pm

One month tomorrow since 585 photos are not showing on our site and we have begun the big job of reloading them. These are mainly photos from the earliest days of our site and they are very important for our research. Also I've noticed that threads from early days are also missing, for example there was a thread about when we lost all of our photos in 2009 and I saw it recently, but it's nowhere to be seen now and I wanted to refer to it for the best way to reload the pics. I see those topics relating to that 2009issue are still on Forumotion along with my posts and no we don't have any pruning options turned on.

mikeevster
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by APE on August 17th 2014, 11:22 pm

I am really sorry you are still finding problems.

The problem is in the hands on our tech team and Hope they will get this fixed or at least get back to you on the matter of if lost for ever or found them.

It does sort of look like servimg is the ones that are the problem here but we can not say for sure as the tests are still not complete from the tech team yet.

maybe you should make an account with say Photobucket and save your pic's there and use them until we have a fix.

APE





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8319
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by mech2015 on October 8th 2014, 4:48 pm

hi maybe your data service that you upload photo/pic is down!!!

mech2015
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Niko on November 3rd 2014, 9:18 pm

BUMP


actually this issue now affects even servimg
some members on the italian support forum have reported this too Embarassed

Niko
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2165
Reputation : 93
Language : English, French, Italian, Spanish, Latin

https://www.translationscloud.com/?utm_source=forumotion&utm

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by BlackScorpion on November 4th 2014, 1:02 am


BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 4451
Reputation : 651
Language : English
Location : USA

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Paaske on November 4th 2014, 4:46 am

GREAT just found out I have also lost LOADS of different pictures. Pictures which I have used LOT OF TIME to prepare.

I think it is about time Forumotion paid something to us who pay for this service. We pay for a product which is not working right.

This will now cost me lot of time and money to restore myself. I will never trust your service again and will not use the build in Image server again.

I will also be taking this further as I am furious with these problems that come up.

Sadly I have spent years to build up my forum to what it is today. Despite wanting to host this myself I am stuck with forumotion own server which is a shame. IS there any way around this at low cost for me to transfer all data and setups to different host or my own server?

Paaske
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : english,danish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Tonight on November 4th 2014, 6:34 pm

Can anyone fix this? #Servimg

Tonight
Forumember

Male Posts : 240
Reputation : 63
Language : Estonian, English, Russian
Location : Estonia

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by BlackScorpion on November 5th 2014, 4:39 am

@Paaske wrote:GREAT just found out I have also lost LOADS of different pictures. Pictures which I have used LOT OF TIME to prepare.

I think it is about time Forumotion paid something to us who pay for this service. We pay for a product which is not working right.

This will now cost me lot of time and money to restore myself. I will never trust your service again and will not use the build in Image server again.

I will also be taking this further as I am furious with these problems that come up.

Sadly I have spent years to build up my forum to what it is today. Despite wanting to host this myself I am stuck with forumotion own server which is a shame. IS there any way around this at low cost for me to transfer all data and setups to different host or my own server?

Welcome to my world! Forumotion should compensate the Forum Owners with credits for their forums for causing all this debacle, changing too much at once, not a good practice.

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 4451
Reputation : 651
Language : English
Location : USA

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Hagoromo Otsutsuki on November 12th 2014, 4:46 pm

Buttercup wrote:
@mikeevster wrote:Forum URL: http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/

There would be thousands of photos missing and impossible to screenshot them all.

Here is a link to just one page of many-
http://newzealandpottery.forumotion.net/gallery/Crown-Lynn-Shapes-01-881/1-to-99/1-to-99-cat_c5_0_0.htm?

I must add that we use servimg for our gallery pic host.
Hello mikeevster

Sorry for the late answer. The problem has been immediatly reported to our technicians.

Thanks. I'll inform you as soon as I get more information Wink
Thank you Buttercups.

Hagoromo Otsutsuki
Forumember

Male Posts : 514
Reputation : 21
Language : English
Location : Heaven

http://naruto-omniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by APE on November 12th 2014, 6:34 pm

lots of items have been lost on my forum also i have made a new report about it and even had to close my site down for some time in the end i run off to my backup files and reloaded my items to photobucket and added them back to my site just so i could reopen again.

I will let you know if i get any word on what is going on

APE





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8319
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: (imgfast.net) Pics have been lost

Post by Paaske on November 14th 2014, 12:59 am

@BlackScorpion wrote:
@Paaske wrote:GREAT just found out I have also lost LOADS of different pictures. Pictures which I have used LOT OF TIME to prepare.

I think it is about time Forumotion paid something to us who pay for this service. We pay for a product which is not working right.

This will now cost me lot of time and money to restore myself. I will never trust your service again and will not use the build in Image server again.

I will also be taking this further as I am furious with these problems that come up.

Sadly I have spent years to build up my forum to what it is today. Despite wanting to host this myself I am stuck with forumotion own server which is a shame. IS there any way around this at low cost for me to transfer all data and setups to different host or my own server?

Welcome to my world! Forumotion should compensate the Forum Owners with credits for their forums for causing all this debacle, changing too much at once, not a good practice.


yes it is just a shame they seem to ignore this or what I wrote. Also now just finding out my icons has gone suddenly. As already stated Have about got enough of this crap!!

Paaske
New Member

Posts : 21
Reputation : 1
Language : english,danish

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum