The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changing Personalized Domain

3 posters

Go down

In progress Changing Personalized Domain

Post by GREENER May 26th 2014, 3:40 am

I run a league of players that play Madden Football on the PLAYSTATION 3

We purchased a domain and have been happy with forumotion for years...

The domain we chose was:

ps3maddengroup.com

We now have a problem - in the next  3 months we are moving our leagues to the PS4 (therefore the domain above must be changed as "ps3" is prominent in the URL)

Our current domain expires in 30 days...

What should we do:

Is there a way to change directly from our current domain to a new domain?

if not, could we let our current domain expire, then purchase a new domain that reflects our move to the ps4?

Ideally we would like to be able redirect people that visit out current domain to the new domain that we choose - is this possible and how should I go about making it happen?
GREENER
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Changing Personalized Domain

Post by Derri May 26th 2014, 3:51 am

Sadly you cannot have more than one domain linked to the forum at one time.

So what you could do is allow your current domain name to expire and then purchase PS4maddengroup or whatever it will be.

Sadly you cannot have one custom domain name redirect to another. So really when you change domain names you'll have to warn all your members.

Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 26th 2014, 11:57 am

GREENER wrote:I run a league of players that play Madden Football on the PLAYSTATION 3

The domain we chose was:

ps3maddengroup.com

We now have a problem - in the next  3 months we are moving our leagues to the PS4 (therefore the domain above must be changed as "ps3" is prominent in the URL)

What should we do:

if not, could we let our current domain expire, then purchase a new domain that reflects our move to the ps4?

Ideally we would like to be able redirect people that visit out current domain to the new domain that we choose - is this possible and how should I go about making it happen?
Hi,

First, you should check if the ps4 domain name is available. If the domain name is available, you have to buy 1600 credits. Then, you let us know if we can make the change of domain name by using your credits Smile

Thanks
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by GREENER May 28th 2014, 1:31 am

Buttercup wrote:
GREENER wrote:I run a league of players that play Madden Football on the PLAYSTATION 3

The domain we chose was:

ps3maddengroup.com

What should we do:

Hi,

First, you should check if the ps4 domain name is available. If the domain name is available, you have to buy 1600 credits. Then, you let us know if we can make the change of domain name by using your credits Smile

Thanks

THANKYOU for helping me with this issue!!!

I took your advice and logged under my Admin account - went to MISC tab, spend credits, domain name 

But...

The only option available was to renew our current domain... How can I go about finding out if a more suitable domain is available?
GREENER
Forumember

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow May 28th 2014, 10:50 am

You also have the option to delete your domaine name:
Changing Personalized Domain Delete10

Once deleted, you have to wait for 2-3 days. You forum will come back to the original url. Then, you can buy your credits & the new domaine name.
However, I advise you to send a newsletter to all your members to announce:
1- Your forum will back to the original url for awhile
2- Then, announce the new url

If any question feel free to ask

:rose:
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down