The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

#1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 3:32 pm

I have new members now saying they can't Register e-mailing me I can't get on not working help.  
I also have not been getting the Activation e-mail like I use to get on the new members for over 4 months.   
I also have to manually activate the new members now, also for over 4 months the one before now, now they just can't Register at all.
I did not like checking for new members all the time by going on the Inactive Users on the administration panel.

How many new members I may have lost that can't Register. It is also happening on other forums I am a Moderator on.
Here are my setting on my forum


Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Leviosa on June 5th 2014, 3:50 pm

Hi

If you select "Admi" validation for new member, that is normal they cannot access to the forum without your agreement:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 8:15 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hi

If you select "Admi" validation for new member, that is normal they cannot access to the forum without your agreement:
Yes I know But the new people can not even Register on the FORUM.
Getting e-mail from people help I can not Register on your forum is not normal?
Where are my (Send notify e-mail on new user registrations) have not been getting them? Have not see that for 4 to 5 months?
Which was the way I would activated my new member that way normally by e-mail ? I am not getting notify at all on new member to why?

(New accounts activation On Admin. I now that. that was no help)

and YES Allow new members is on YES

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by AngelaHolmes on June 5th 2014, 8:19 pm

Hello,

You've set an Administrator account activation so you have to accept the accounts. 

Kind Regards,
Angela

AngelaHolmes
Forumember

Male Posts : 203
Reputation : 8
Language : English
Location : England

http://Help.Forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by SLGray on June 5th 2014, 8:26 pm

So you are saying that you are not receiving the notifications about new members?  Is this the only issue?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697
Reputation : 2445
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Derri on June 5th 2014, 8:31 pm

FISH CRAZY wrote:
Buttercup wrote:Hi

If you select "Admi" validation for new member, that is normal they cannot access to the forum without your agreement:
Yes I know But the new people can not even Register on the FORUM.
Getting e-mail from people help I can not Register on your forum is not normal?
Where are my (Send notify e-mail on new user registrations) have not been getting them? Have not see that for 4 to 5 months?
Which was the way I would activated my new member that way normally by e-mail ? I am not getting notify at all on new member to why?

(New accounts activation On Admin. I now that. that was no help)

and YES Allow new members is on YES

Hello,

I'm not sure why this is happening. Can I ask you check another option for me.

Can you go to ACP --> General --> Forum --> Configuration --> Holiday Mode --> The option should be ticked no but if its not then please change it to No. If its on yes then that's what's caused the new members to be unable to register.

@AngelaHolmes wrote:Hello,

You've set an Administrator account activation so you have to accept the accounts. 

Kind Regards,
Angela

Hello,

As you've been warned before Tommy Lee can I advise you read replies carefully. You can see above that the poster has said they cannot register e.g. physically create an account. The option above allows members to create an account but an admin must approve the account before they can come onto the forum and post.

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8385
Reputation : 576
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 8:31 pm

Yes
Also people can not Register
I have had this forum for 2 yrs. I think I now how to accept the accounts by now.

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Derri on June 5th 2014, 8:34 pm

FISH CRAZY wrote:Yes
Also people can not Register
I have had this forum for 2 yrs. I think I now how to accept the accounts by now.

So the holiday mode option was ticked No?



Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8385
Reputation : 576
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 8:38 pm

@Derri wrote:
FISH CRAZY wrote:
Buttercup wrote:Hi

If you select "Admi" validation for new member, that is normal they cannot access to the forum without your agreement:
Yes I know But the new people can not even Register on the FORUM.
Getting e-mail from people help I can not Register on your forum is not normal?
Where are my (Send notify e-mail on new user registrations) have not been getting them? Have not see that for 4 to 5 months?
Which was the way I would activated my new member that way normally by e-mail ? I am not getting notify at all on new member to why?

(New accounts activation On Admin. I now that. that was no help)

and YES Allow new members is on YES

Hello,

I'm not sure why this is happening. Can I ask you check another option for me.

Can you go to ACP --> General --> Forum --> Configuration --> Holiday Mode --> The option should be ticked no but if its not then please change it to No. If its on yes then that's what's caused the new members to be unable to register.

@AngelaHolmes wrote:Hello,

You've set an Administrator account activation so you have to accept the accounts. 

Kind Regards,
Angela

Hello,

As you've been warned before Tommy Lee can I advise you read replies carefully. You can see above that the poster has said they cannot register e.g. physically create an account. The option above allows members to create an account but an admin must approve the account before they can come onto the forum and post.

Is set to NO

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by SLGray on June 5th 2014, 8:39 pm

Is this only happening to a certain email address?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697
Reputation : 2445
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Derri on June 5th 2014, 8:42 pm

FISH CRAZY wrote:
@Derri wrote:
FISH CRAZY wrote:
Buttercup wrote:Hi

If you select "Admi" validation for new member, that is normal they cannot access to the forum without your agreement:
Yes I know But the new people can not even Register on the FORUM.
Getting e-mail from people help I can not Register on your forum is not normal?
Where are my (Send notify e-mail on new user registrations) have not been getting them? Have not see that for 4 to 5 months?
Which was the way I would activated my new member that way normally by e-mail ? I am not getting notify at all on new member to why?

(New accounts activation On Admin. I now that. that was no help)

and YES Allow new members is on YES

Hello,

I'm not sure why this is happening. Can I ask you check another option for me.

Can you go to ACP --> General --> Forum --> Configuration --> Holiday Mode --> The option should be ticked no but if its not then please change it to No. If its on yes then that's what's caused the new members to be unable to register.

@AngelaHolmes wrote:Hello,

You've set an Administrator account activation so you have to accept the accounts. 

Kind Regards,
Angela

Hello,

As you've been warned before Tommy Lee can I advise you read replies carefully. You can see above that the poster has said they cannot register e.g. physically create an account. The option above allows members to create an account but an admin must approve the account before they can come onto the forum and post.

Is set to NO

Well I registered fine on your forum.

One option this could be is via ACP --> General --> Security --> IP address accounts creation limit, for each 24 hours --> Is that set to a reasonable number such as 5?

I honestly I am about out of account options that could block registering. Are these people getting some kind of error message when they attempt to register?

Also like SLGray says the email addresses could be blocked via FM's spam filter. If it just specific email addresses.


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8385
Reputation : 576
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 8:45 pm

It on 0

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Derri on June 5th 2014, 8:46 pm

FISH CRAZY wrote:It on 0

Is it all coming from the same email provider? These people who cannot register?

Also could you maybe ask them if they're getting an error message when they try to register?


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8385
Reputation : 576
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 8:52 pm

I will e-mail the guy From today to see. will have to get back to you on that.
The other guy will not e-mail me back has been two Days lost that member.

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Derri on June 5th 2014, 8:54 pm

FISH CRAZY wrote:I will e-mail the guy From today to see. will have to get back to you on that.
The other guy will not e-mail me back has been two Days lost that member.

Okay,

Thank you Very Happy


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8385
Reputation : 576
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 9:12 pm

The one from today has a yahoo e-mail has not e-mail back
the other send thorough craigslist e-mail were I put a ad for my forum.

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 9:36 pm

I got your all memberships 2 of them TestAccount Derri but still not receiving the notifications about new members on my e-mail I have a AOL e-mail for the forum.

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Derri on June 5th 2014, 9:43 pm

Ah AOL and forumotion don't work well together. I believe in the past you couldn't actually sign up with a forum with AOL because AOL often saw FM as a spam system, that's why you aren't receiving notifications.


Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8385
Reputation : 576
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 9:47 pm

Wow not even In the spam file?

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 10:00 pm

Ok I will keep a eye on the registering see how it goes. So for now I guess solved
Thank You For The Help Everybody  Wink 

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by ddoesmc on June 5th 2014, 10:02 pm

Hello,
This topic could help you link
Good luck 
Regards, 
ddoesmc :rose:

ddoesmc
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 10
Language : Mainly english
Location : New Jersey

http://www.officialmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 5th 2014, 10:03 pm

Thenks

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by ddoesmc on June 5th 2014, 10:04 pm

No problem!

ddoesmc
Forumember

Male Posts : 283
Reputation : 10
Language : Mainly english
Location : New Jersey

http://www.officialmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by SLGray on June 6th 2014, 3:42 am

If you have another email address, you could change it in the administration panel.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697
Reputation : 2445
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 6th 2014, 9:17 pm

Yes I will get a new e-mail today  Very Happy Thanks all  Very good 

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Jophy on June 7th 2014, 7:44 am

Hello,

Is it completely solved? 

Smile

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Reputation : 835
Language : English
Location : Somewhere

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 7th 2014, 10:39 pm

Look like I will have to use a new E-mail AOL not sending me my notifications of new members.
Reset some setting
Step 1
ACP >> General Tab
  Forum >> Configuration >> scroll down to >> Forum on holiday Tick yes and back to NO

Step 2
ACP >> Users & Groups Tab
  Users >> Users options >>  New accounts activation >> change to Admin's then save then do the same again but then set to  >> USER Save and back to Admin

Step 3
same place as step 2 look for Send notify e-mail on new user registrations : Tick None then SAVE then go back to it and Set to Admin then Save.

This will reset your forum ACP settings on the main server.

Step 4

Users & Groups Tab >> Allow new members NO then Save now set the same again to YES then Save.

Step 5
General tab >>
Forum >> Configuration >> Misc options* >> Resynchronize your forum SAVE.

Did not work the forum got a new members but no notification my e-mail.
I will have to wait with the new e-mail because I just got new business cards with the old e-mail address on them a 1000 cards  Mad 
The good thing is we can get new members again  Smile

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Leviosa on June 9th 2014, 10:57 am

Hi

I've created a new user on your forum: http://fishcrazyaquatics.4umotion.com
You can see my account (Buttercup)

Let my know if you received notifications for new account and activation of the user Smile
Thanks in advance

First notification received:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 9th 2014, 4:00 pm

Hi Buttercup
I did not get a e-mail and my AOL e-mail
I had to go to the Inactive Users page to Activate you if it was not for Ape I would have not known that I had you testing the new registered users on my forum.

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: #1025 New members can register even if admin validation is needed

Post by Ghost Pirate on June 9th 2014, 5:07 pm

I have set up a new Hotmail.com but have not put it on the forum at this time.

Ghost Pirate
Forumember

Male Posts : 266
Reputation : 78
Language : English, Greman, Spanish

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum