The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Repeating HTML Form sections based on selections

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Repeating HTML Form sections based on selections

Post by Alaskamo on June 6th 2014, 12:31 am

I'm trying to set up a form for a virtual hockey league to submit trades. There is:
-a drop down box in which users select the number of players Team A has in the trade;
-a set of text boxes and drop downs in which users submit the players' information (names, ages, etc.).

Basically something like:

Drop Down For # Of Players
hr
Text Box For Name
Text Box For Age

Essentially what I want to do is have the set of information text boxes/drop downs to be duplicated a set number of times to match the number selected by the user specified in the first.

FOR EXAMPLE
In first drop down user selects 3, the two text boxes asking for the player's name and age are repeated two more times (3 total iterations), each separated clearly by a horizontal break.

Any help doing this, or more efficient ways of doing this would be much appreciated!!

ALSO if anyone could show me how to have the information gathered from a form be automatically compiled into a table and posted into it's own new forum topic, that would be greatly appreciated as well!! Smile

Alaskamo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Repeating HTML Form sections based on selections

Post by Alaskamo on June 10th 2014, 4:25 am

Bump, any ideas? Any help? I'm really bad with code haha, would especially like to know if "automatically submit the form to create a new forum topic bit" is even possible/possible on FM...

Alaskamo

Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum