The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Moonie Magic on June 10th 2014, 9:34 pm

sorry for all these help threads! I don't mean to be so annoying.. i'm just so new to this whole running a messageboard thing... i have no idea what i'm doing!!



What could I do to move the words quoted a little more to the right so they are not partly hanging out of the "quote bubble" ?

also, i'm sorry if this is in the wrong section! idk if this counts as script or what...


Last edited by Moonie Magic on June 17th 2014, 12:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Moonie Magic
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : Enlgish

http://MoonieMagic.englishboards.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Ange Tuteur on June 10th 2014, 10:34 pm

Hello Moonie Magic,

Try increasing the padding of the quote by adding the following to your stylesheet.
Display > Colors > CSS stylesheet

Paste the code below and submit :
Code:
.quote { padding:4px; }

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Reputation : 2681
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Moonie Magic on June 10th 2014, 10:52 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Hello Moonie Magic,

Try increasing the padding of the quote by adding the following to your stylesheet.
Display > Colors > CSS stylesheet

Paste the code below and submit :
Code:
.quote { padding:4px; }

you're the best!! it worked!!!!

but while i have you here...



you wouldn't happen to have the code to center usernames and the title under it (like admin)

BUT LEAVE the join date and stuff to the left?

maybe give me 2 codes... one for centering all of it and one for just centering the usernames incase i change my mind?


 What a Face 

Moonie Magic
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : Enlgish

http://MoonieMagic.englishboards.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Mr Rockeye on June 10th 2014, 11:19 pm

Try something like
Code:

.postprofile {
   text-align: center;
}
Only thing to it is that it will center the usernames, ranks and profile fields.

If you're just going for the username and usertitle add this code
Code:

.postprofile dl dt + dd, .postprofile dl dt br + strong {
   text-align: center;
}

Mr Rockeye
Forumember

Posts : 86
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://www.unitedcommunity.tk

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Moonie Magic on June 10th 2014, 11:57 pm

@Mr Rockeye wrote:Try something like
Code:

.postprofile {
   text-align: center;
}
Only thing to it is that it will center the usernames, ranks and profile fields.

If you're just going for the username and usertitle add this code
Code:

.postprofile dl dt + dd, .postprofile dl dt br + strong {
   text-align: center;
}

hmmm neither code worked...

but i'm going to edit this thread to say "quoting...... and username centering" so this topic isn't as confusing..

Moonie Magic
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : Enlgish

http://MoonieMagic.englishboards.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Ange Tuteur on June 11th 2014, 12:07 am

For centering the usernames try adding this to your CSS :
Code:
.post .name {
    display:block;
    text-align:center;
}
.post .name + br { display:none; }

For your rank centering go to Users and Groups > Ranks Administration > Edit rank

Wrap your rank title text with the following tags :
Code:
<center></center>

The result should be :
Code:
<center>Your rank title</center>

That should center your rank title.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Reputation : 2681
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by Moonie Magic on June 17th 2014, 12:07 am

@Ange Tuteur wrote:For centering the usernames try adding this to your CSS :
Code:
.post .name {
    display:block;
    text-align:center;
}
.post .name + br { display:none; }

For your rank centering go to Users and Groups > Ranks Administration > Edit rank

Wrap your rank title text with the following tags :
Code:
<center></center>

The result should be :
Code:
<center>Your rank title</center>

That should center your rank title.


 :wouhou: :wouhou: :wouhou: 

thank you!

Moonie Magic
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : Enlgish

http://MoonieMagic.englishboards.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Quoting(solved) ... and username centering(also solved)

Post by SLGray on June 17th 2014, 12:45 am

Topic Solved & Archived


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35613
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum