The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Linking Website via Google+

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Linking Website via Google+

Post by Guest on June 11th 2014, 8:09 pm

It's unclear if I selected the correct area to place this question. Never the less I'm searching for an opting that allows me to place the Google+ "link website" to my forum.. thou I've attempted to place this within a forum post, I doubt this is what Google+ is suggesting that I do..

Here is the setting.. upon creating a google+ page.. it asks if you have an external website/url that you would like to link to your page.. this is typically found on your Google+ page under the: About > Links > website.. One would enter the URL.. Then click the "link website". The following page states that I need to place this generated code within my site.. I know how to do this with any given HTML coded site.. But it's unclear where this would be located in this forum format. This is not that important, thou I would only gain the "Silver" badge sort of thing on my Google+ page indicating that the link has been verified.

Last edited by AngryRedBird on June 12th 2014, 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Linking Website via Google+

Post by SLGray on June 12th 2014, 3:12 am

I added the code to an announcement on my forum. You can add the code any where HTML is allowed.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36663
Language : English

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Index Packing/ Solved

Post by Guest on June 12th 2014, 8:46 am

Thanks, well I tried that and I think because I had the HTML coding turned off within the forum.. the code didn't work at first.. but I did what you suggested and it's there now and I'm all legal.. Just waiting on the verification.
Thou I was hoping to place this in a nondescript are of the forum where as it would have been less noticeable.. but one can hardly see it now.

But while I have you here.. One other issue has cropped up.. can the forums be adjusted to allow for groupings (page/category separators)? Currently everything is simply running right down the page without any sort of separation.. I wanted to group areas/categories like Announcements in one "block" etc and General discussions in a separate block. Can this be done?

Update:

Seeing how I love to explore.. I just found what I was referring to.. the "Index Packing" was exactly what I was looking for.. this way I can split the forum up without have this one continuously long topic page..

To get there yourself: Admin Panel > Display > Homepage >Structure and Hierarchy > Index Packing

Last edited by AngryRedBird on June 12th 2014, 3:10 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Solved..)

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Linking Website via Google+

Post by Jophy on June 12th 2014, 5:39 pm

Solved

Jophy
ForumGuru

Male Posts : 17924
Language : English

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum