The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

[Change Text] Profile Details Popup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved [Change Text] Profile Details Popup

Post by inallsorts on July 7th 2014, 9:39 am

Greetings to all,

I've applied this, and It works fantastic: http://help.forumotion.com/t128644-profile-details-popup#861220

However, I would like to change the text of "All about" toanother textof my choice.
Here's what I mean:

I'm running phpBB3.
Thank you In advance for all help given.

Last edited by inallsorts on July 7th 2014, 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

inallsorts
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: [Change Text] Profile Details Popup

Post by Ange Tuteur on July 7th 2014, 11:31 am

Hi inallsorts,

You should be able to change the font with this CSS rule :
Code:
#profcont-container h1 {
 font-family:Papyrus, sans-serif;
}

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inallsorts on July 7th 2014, 12:37 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Hi inallsorts,

You should be able to change the font with this CSS rule :
Code:
#profcont-container h1 {
 font-family:Papyrus, sans-serif;
}

Hello Ange,

The font changed fine and I thank you for that. However, I would like to change the "All about" text- meaning the actual wording to another worded text.
For example, rather than displaying "All about" I would like to display "The profile of" (just an example).

Thanks for you help thus far.

inallsorts
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on July 7th 2014, 12:56 pm

Oooh I must've misread, sorry. Razz

Here, replace your script by :
Code:
jQuery(function () {
var about = 'The profile of';

jQuery('li.row a[href*="/u"], .img-whois+p a[href*="/u"], .page-bottom a[href*="/u"], .postprofile a[href*="/u"], p.author a[href*="/u"], form:has(.vf_jumpbox)~a[href*="/u"], .tcr a[href*="/u"], #stats a[href*="/u"], #onlinelist a[href*="/u"], .tcl.tdtopics a[href*="/u"], .pun .user a[href*="/u"], .ipbtable .row1 a[href*="/u"], #fo_stat a[href*="/u"], .activeusers-box a[href*="/u"], td.row3.over a[href*="/u"], .forumline:has(#i_whosonline) a[href*="/u"], span.name a[href*="/u"], span.postdetails a[href*="/u"], #info_open a[href*="/u"]').attr('id', 'profilePopup').click(function(){return false});
jQuery('a[href*="/u"]:has(img)').removeAttr('id').click( function(){window.open(jQuery(this).attr('href'),'_self');});
jQuery('a#profilePopup').click(function(){
var UID = jQuery(this).attr('href');
var UNM = jQuery(this).text();
jQuery('body').append('<div id="profilefilter" style="position:fixed;top:0px;left:0px;right:0px;bottom:0px;background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5);cursor:pointer;z-index:10;"></div><div id="profcont-container" style="background:#D1D1D1;top:20%;left:15%;right:15%;padding:4px;position:fixed;font-size:12px;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.5) inset;z-index:50;"><div id="userprofile" style="max-height:400px;overflow-y:auto;"><center><span class="profileLoading" style="font-weight:bold;font-size:18px;">Loading...</span></center></div><span id="profileLinks"><a href="'+UID+'">View Profile</a><span id="interactionLinks"> | <a href="/privmsg?mode=post&u='+UID.replace('/u', '')+'">Send PM</a> | <a href="/privmsg?mode=post_profile&u='+UID.replace('/u', '')+'">Send VM</a><span style="float:right;"><a href="/profile?friend='+UNM.replace(/ /, "+")+'&mode=editprofile&page_profil=friendsfoes">Add Friend</a> | <a href="/profile?foe='+UNM.replace(/ /, '+')+'&mode=editprofile&page_profil=friendsfoes">Add Foe</a></span></span></div>');
jQuery('#userprofile').load(UID + '#cp-main .panel, .forumline:has(#profile-advanced-details), .clear + #profile-advanced-details', function() {
 if (/All about/.test($('#profcont-container h1').html())) $('#profcont-container h1').html($('#profcont-container h1').html().replace(/All about/i,about));
});
if (!document.getElementById('logout')){jQuery('#interactionLinks').remove();}
jQuery('#profilefilter').click(function () {jQuery('#profilefilter, #profcont-container').remove();});
});
});

At the top is a variable :
Code:

You can change The profile of to any texts you want to display. Very Happy This will only work for users that are using English language of course.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by inallsorts on July 7th 2014, 2:16 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:Oooh I must've misread, sorry. Razz

Here, replace your script by :
Code:
jQuery(function () {

jQuery('li.row a[href*="/u"], .img-whois+p a[href*="/u"], .page-bottom a[href*="/u"], .postprofile a[href*="/u"], p.author a[href*="/u"], form:has(.vf_jumpbox)~a[href*="/u"], .tcr a[href*="/u"], #stats a[href*="/u"], #onlinelist a[href*="/u"], .tcl.tdtopics a[href*="/u"], .pun .user a[href*="/u"], .ipbtable .row1 a[href*="/u"], #fo_stat a[href*="/u"], .activeusers-box a[href*="/u"], td.row3.over a[href*="/u"], .forumline:has(#i_whosonline) a[href*="/u"], span.name a[href*="/u"], span.postdetails a[href*="/u"], #info_open a[href*="/u"]').attr('id', 'profilePopup').click(function(){return false});
jQuery('a[href*="/u"]:has(img)').removeAttr('id').click( function(){window.open(jQuery(this).attr('href'),'_self');});
jQuery('a#profilePopup').click(function(){
var UID = jQuery(this).attr('href');
var UNM = jQuery(this).text();
jQuery('body').append('<div id="profilefilter" style="position:fixed;top:0px;left:0px;right:0px;bottom:0px;background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5);cursor:pointer;z-index:10;"></div><div id="profcont-container" style="background:#D1D1D1;top:20%;left:15%;right:15%;padding:4px;position:fixed;font-size:12px;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 2px rgba(0,0,0, 0.5) inset;z-index:50;"><div id="userprofile" style="max-height:400px;overflow-y:auto;"><center><span class="profileLoading" style="font-weight:bold;font-size:18px;">Loading...</span></center></div><span id="profileLinks"><a href="'+UID+'">View Profile</a><span id="interactionLinks"> | <a href="/privmsg?mode=post&u='+UID.replace('/u', '')+'">Send PM</a> | <a href="/privmsg?mode=post_profile&u='+UID.replace('/u', '')+'">Send VM</a><span style="float:right;"><a href="/profile?friend='+UNM.replace(/ /, "+")+'&mode=editprofile&page_profil=friendsfoes">Add Friend</a> | <a href="/profile?foe='+UNM.replace(/ /, '+')+'&mode=editprofile&page_profil=friendsfoes">Add Foe</a></span></span></div>');
jQuery('#userprofile').load(UID + '#cp-main .panel, .forumline:has(#profile-advanced-details), .clear + #profile-advanced-details', function() {
 if (/All about/.test($('#profcont-container h1').html())) $('#profcont-container h1').html($('#profcont-container h1').html().replace(/All about/i,about));
});
if (!document.getElementById('logout')){jQuery('#interactionLinks').remove();}
jQuery('#profilefilter').click(function () {jQuery('#profilefilter, #profcont-container').remove();});
});
});

At the top is a variable :
Code:

You can change The profile of to any texts you want to display. Very Happy This will only work for users that are using English language of course.

Need I mention again the flawless coding you keep providing? I believe I do.
Thank you kindly Ange, you're truly amazing Smile

/topic.

inallsorts
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on July 7th 2014, 4:34 pm

Anytime ^^

Topic archived

Have a good day. Smile

Ange Tuteur