The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Moderators from different time zones

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moderators from different time zones?

17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
83% 83% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 6

Moderators from different time zones

Post by Zaritok on August 11th 2014, 7:32 am

I think the support forum should have that since have of the time I'm online, no mods are on.

Zaritok
Forumember

Male Posts : 165
Language : English, Mandarin

http://rxentertainment.ace.st/

Back to top Go down

Re: Moderators from different time zones

Post by RadioHead on August 11th 2014, 12:21 pm

It's happened in the past, however due to the of members show dedication, and not reaching the requirements of staff, there is now a lack of staff in several time zones.

However, there are members who are online who can help you when the staff are offline Wink

RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on August 11th 2014, 12:34 pm

@Zaritok wrote:I think the support forum should have that since have of the time I'm online, no mods are on.

You've also got to understand that staff also don't always know how to solve a problem. For example I'm not great at coding skills. If it is a coding question you're likely to wait longer.

As for timezones their isn't much time when the support forum isn't manned by a member of the team.

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by AngelaHolmes on August 11th 2014, 12:51 pm

Hello,

As Radio Head and Derri said. Staff members are not always the key to solve everything I'm the same as Derri I'm a newbie at coding and on forums I'm staff on I cannot answer questions on coding. I know how to operate forumotion and everything else like general things but not coding. Also staff members cannot be online all the time and forumotion chooses wisely on staff members they don't choose timezones they choose their amount of knowledge and kindness.

AngelaHolmes
Forumember

Male Posts : 203
Language : English

http://Help.Forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on August 11th 2014, 2:39 pm

Hello

I Vote NO sorry we have staff members from all over the world anyway,
UK and French staff are on from about 8am UK GMT time zone and then from about from 3pm the guys from the USA are in and at night we have a lot of staff online.

As a staff member we do all we can to be in as much as we can to help when we can.. My self I am not a good coder but I do know some when it comes to templates then I am the worst lol.
we also have really fab members that take the roll of helper there also good members to give info when needed but not only them the normal members are really helpful to. They have even helped me and I'm now staff lol   Embarassed 

APE

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on August 11th 2014, 7:45 pm

Time zones will not guarantee that staff members will be online.  Sorry, my vote is no.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35624
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on August 12th 2014, 1:56 pm

Hi,

Since we do not pick staff members based on region or timezone this suggestion isn't viable for not only that, but the reasons given above by SLGray, APE and myself. The fact is while it would be nice to have a staff member from every single timezone that's convenient for everyone, it isn't viable. Furthermore the service is free and therefore you can't expect the type of immediate support you'd get with a paid host.

Most questions are answered within a few hours of posting them and that's really good. For coding questions you do generally have to wait longer because not everyone on staff is good at coding.

Therefore because it isn't exactly viable to hunt for people based on time zones I am therefore going to have to refuse the suggestion based on that fact.

Suggestion Refused

Forum Rules : : Forumotion Staff : : Appeal A Warning : : FAQ : : Tips & Tricks : : Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum