The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by Bigg Rigg on August 22nd 2014, 6:44 pm

I have informed the Moderators of my forum not to delete threads and posts, and instead to move them to the Archives... but I've noticed that they have continued to delete posts.

So I disabled the ability for Moderators to delete threads and posts in the ACP through the Categories and forums/Forum Permissions Control area for every forum on the site... but I noticed yesterday through the ACP that they're still deleting posts.

I'm using a theme that utilizes the phpBB2 software.

Am I missing something, or do I need to insert code for this ?

Bigg Rigg
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://mmachat.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by SLGray on August 22nd 2014, 6:57 pm

If the moderators can moderate a section then they can delete topics and posts, it is part of the moderating tools.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35629
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by APE on August 22nd 2014, 7:33 pm

If you want to stop the staff deleting the posts there is only one way to do that and that is to remove the buttons

NOTE:
This will remove all the buttons for deleting posts to you awell !!

Steps:
ACP >> Display Tab >>
Pictures and Colors >> Pics management >> Advanced Mode...
Buttons tab >> Delete this post: [] tick hide.

next button to remove is the main modding tool button.
go to the icons for toipcs tab >> Delete this topic:[] tick hide.

and your Done

Remember!!
As already said this will delete all the Delete buttons for all staff members as well as your Admin's and your self.

Hope that helps

APE Neutral





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by Empire_1 on August 22nd 2014, 9:49 pm

@Bigg Rigg wrote:I have informed the Moderators of my forum not to delete threads and posts, and instead to move them to the Archives... but I've noticed that they have continued to delete posts.

Just want to get in a word here,

If your mods are not following your instructions, perhaps it is time to find new ones...

Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Reputation : 124
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++
Location : Summoner's Rift

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by APE on August 22nd 2014, 10:43 pm

@Empire_1 wrote:
Just want to get in a word here,

If your mods are not following your instructions, perhaps it is time to find new ones...
Your right there Empire_1 i would have sent them packing by now but its your forum you run it as you wish.

but you need to trust your staff members to follow the rules





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by Bigg Rigg on August 25th 2014, 5:55 pm

@APE wrote:If you want to stop the staff deleting the posts there is only one way to do that and that is to remove the buttons

NOTE:
This will remove all the buttons for deleting posts to you awell !!

Steps:
ACP >> Display Tab >>
Pictures and Colors >> Pics management >> Advanced Mode...
Buttons tab >> Delete this post: [] tick hide.

next button to remove is the main modding tool button.
go to the icons for toipcs tab >> Delete this topic:[] tick hide.

and your Done

Remember!!
As already said this will delete all the Delete buttons for all staff members as well as your Admin's and your self.

Hope that helps

APE Neutral

Thanks... that a viable workaround.

Bigg Rigg
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://mmachat.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by Bigg Rigg on August 25th 2014, 5:57 pm

@Empire_1 wrote:
@Bigg Rigg wrote:I have informed the Moderators of my forum not to delete threads and posts, and instead to move them to the Archives... but I've noticed that they have continued to delete posts.

Just want to get in a word here,

If your mods are not following your instructions, perhaps it is time to find new ones...

This is a valid point, but I'm just starting out and need the help.

I don't want to lose what little help I have just yet.

Bigg Rigg
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://mmachat.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by SLGray on August 25th 2014, 6:23 pm

Is this solved?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35629
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum