The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

4 posters

Go down

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Empty Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by Bigg Rigg August 22nd 2014, 6:44 pm

I have informed the Moderators of my forum not to delete threads and posts, and instead to move them to the Archives... but I've noticed that they have continued to delete posts.

So I disabled the ability for Moderators to delete threads and posts in the ACP through the Categories and forums/Forum Permissions Control area for every forum on the site... but I noticed yesterday through the ACP that they're still deleting posts.

I'm using a theme that utilizes the phpBB2 software.

Am I missing something, or do I need to insert code for this ?
Bigg Rigg

Language : English

http://mmachat.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Empty Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by SLGray August 22nd 2014, 6:57 pm

If the moderators can moderate a section then they can delete topics and posts, it is part of the moderating tools.

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Empty Re: Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators

Post by Ape August 22nd 2014, 7:33 pm

If you want to stop the staff deleting the posts there is only one way to do that and that is to remove the buttons

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators 12NOTE:
This will remove all the buttons for deleting posts to you awell !!

Steps:
ACP >> Display Tab >>
Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Images_couleurs Pictures and Colors >> Pics management >> Advanced Mode...
Buttons tab >> Delete this post : [Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Accept10] tick hide.

next button to remove is the main modding tool button.
go to the icons for toipcs tab >> Delete this topic :[Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Accept10] tick hide.

and your Done

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators 12Remember!!
As already said this will delete all the Delete buttons for all staff members as well as your Admin's and your self.

Hope that helps

APE  Neutral

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Left1212Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Center11Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Right112
Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Ape_b110
Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Empire_1 August 22nd 2014, 9:49 pm

Bigg Rigg wrote:I have informed the Moderators of my forum not to delete threads and posts, and instead to move them to the Archives... but I've noticed that they have continued to delete posts.

Just want to get in a word here,

If your mods are not following your instructions, perhaps it is time to find new ones...
Empire_1
Empire_1
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1391
Language : English, Spanish, Mandarin, C++

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape August 22nd 2014, 10:43 pm

Empire_1 wrote:

If your mods are not following your instructions, perhaps it is time to find new ones...
Your right there Empire_1 i would have sent them packing by now but its your forum you run it as you wish.

but you need to trust your staff members to follow the rules

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Left1212Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Center11Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Right112
Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Ape_b110
Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigg Rigg August 25th 2014, 5:55 pm

APE wrote:If you want to stop the staff deleting the posts there is only one way to do that and that is to remove the buttons

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators 12NOTE:
This will remove all the buttons for deleting posts to you awell !!

Steps:
ACP >> Display Tab >>
Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Images_couleurs Pictures and Colors >> Pics management >> Advanced Mode...
Buttons tab >> Delete this post : [Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Accept10] tick hide.

next button to remove is the main modding tool button.
go to the icons for toipcs tab >> Delete this topic :[Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Accept10] tick hide.

and your Done

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators 12Remember!!
As already said this will delete all the Delete buttons for all staff members as well as your Admin's and your self.

Hope that helps

APE  Neutral

Thanks... that a viable workaround.
Bigg Rigg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bigg Rigg August 25th 2014, 5:57 pm

Empire_1 wrote:
Bigg Rigg wrote:I have informed the Moderators of my forum not to delete threads and posts, and instead to move them to the Archives... but I've noticed that they have continued to delete posts.

This is a valid point, but I'm just starting out and need the help.

I don't want to lose what little help I have just yet.
Bigg Rigg

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray August 25th 2014, 6:23 pm

Is this solved?

Unable to Disable Delete Function for Moderators Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum