The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

User Badges

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this a Good Idea for Forumotion?

50% 50% 
[ 1 ]
50% 50% 
[ 1 ]
 
Total Votes : 2

User Badges

Post by Crowseph5 on September 18th 2014, 10:19 pm

There Are Many ways To create badges for members,but many of them only make sense to the Person who invented the technique, or are not quick enough for Admins to access and distribute.


The Badge system would be a new Feature to add to the User & Groups > Profiles


The Badges would only be accessible to change by the Moderators/Admins.


The section will allow Admins to Create badges then go through a list of members and select who on the forums has earned or obtained the badges.


The badge system will also have options for each individual badge that can connect to the reputation system, and to which forums users may have accessed.
I.e If the User has accessed the Welcome section of the forum they could obtain a badge Called "Welcome" for posting there.
I.e If a user has obtained 200 points of reputation they could get a badge.


Badges would consist of a small image and a popup description of the badge.


I have searched for Badges on this support forum before and from what I could tell all of the suggestions for it have been denied regardless of popular vote. If I am not mistaken, that is rude to the users of forumotion.


It would be a great addition to many forums that concentrate more on member participation if badges were added. A lot of Social forums have contests and Competitions that they would enjoy adding badges for participation and winning for. The lack of this leads to the lack of new forums and the willingness to Upgrade the Forum through payments.


If anyone would like this Vote on the poll.

Crowseph5
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://warcrystudio.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: User Badges

Post by Ramdaman on September 18th 2014, 11:35 pm

Awards/Badges are possible already.

http://help.forumotion.com/t68403-award-system

Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1614
Reputation : 96
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS
Location : New York City

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: User Badges

Post by Crowseph5 on September 18th 2014, 11:56 pm

@Ramdaman wrote:Awards/Badges are possible already.

http://help.forumotion.com/t68403-award-system
This process works, but it' does not support quick Badge awarding. The idea is so that you can select the badge and select the people who have the badge, rather than go into several member accounts and typing their name and saving for a few hours until everyone who earned the badge has it.
Thank you for your time though.

Crowseph5
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://warcrystudio.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: User Badges

Post by Ramdaman on September 19th 2014, 12:10 am

You can have it as an images list.

Also I'd suggest You remove the color in your posts because ye staff will warn you.

Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1614
Reputation : 96
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS
Location : New York City

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: User Badges

Post by Crowseph5 on September 19th 2014, 12:24 am

Image list would work if it allowed multiple images to be shown at once, but it is more of a choose one type of selection


(I use This color on every forum I go to and I don't make an exception. If I get banned or warned for something as small as preventing black and white eye hurt then so be it. Having some color here and there is better for your eyes than repeat repeat repeat.)

Crowseph5
New Member

Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://warcrystudio.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: User Badges

Post by SLGray on September 19th 2014, 4:04 am

@Crowseph5 wrote:There Are Many ways To create badges for members,but many of them only make sense to the Person who invented the technique, or are not quick enough for Admins to access and distribute.


The Badge system would be a new Feature to add to the User & Groups > Profiles


The Badges would only be accessible to change by the Moderators/Admins.


The section will allow Admins to Create badges then go through a list of members and select who on the forums has earned or obtained the badges.


The badge system will also have options for each individual badge that can connect to the reputation system, and to which forums users may have accessed.
I.e If the User has accessed the Welcome section of the forum they could obtain a badge Called "Welcome" for posting there.
I.e If a user has obtained 200 points of reputation they could get a badge.


Badges would consist of a small image and a popup description of the badge.


I have searched for Badges on this support forum before and from what I could tell all of the suggestions for it have been denied regardless of popular vote. If I am not mistaken, that is rude to the users of forumotion.


It would be a great addition to many forums that concentrate more on member participation if badges were added. A lot of Social forums have contests and Competitions that they would enjoy adding badges for participation and winning for. The lack of this leads to the lack of new forums and the willingness to Upgrade the Forum through payments.


If anyone would like this Vote on the poll.

@Crowseph5 wrote:
@Ramdaman wrote:Awards/Badges are possible already.

http://help.forumotion.com/t68403-award-system
This process works, but it' does not support quick Badge awarding. The idea is so that you can select the badge and select the people who have the badge, rather than go into several member accounts and typing their name and saving for a few hours until everyone who earned the badge has it.
Thank you for your time though.

@Crowseph5 wrote:Image list would work if it allowed multiple images to be shown at once, but it is more of a choose one type of selection


(I use This color on every forum I go to and I don't make an exception. If I get banned or warned for something as small as preventing black and white eye hurt then so be it. Having some color here and there is better for your eyes than repeat repeat repeat.)
Since you are new this is not an official reminder: Please don't use bold or color and keep to the default text. This is reserved for the staff for moderation.

This has already been suggested: http://help.forumotion.com/t4781-user-awards . Please search before posting a suggestion.

Topic Locked


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35672
Reputation : 2375
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum