The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them?

3 posters

Go down

Solved How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them?

Post by Guest September 24th 2014, 10:19 pm

Hi all!

I'm setting up a whole new website, in Dutch, at the moment, but you can use my current one for reference if you wish (http://www.game-xtreme.com).

I'm looking for a solution here, probably to be found using JS. If anyone could write me a working script for it, that'd be most usefull.

I want a script to automatically parse topics or threads to the bin to be reviewed by admins or moderators lateron or automatically have them deleted when "certain vocabulary" is in them (bad words), so no members will be preoccupied with them.

Any help would very much be appreciated.

Regards,

Samantha.

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them?

Post by Ramdaman September 24th 2014, 10:41 pm

The question of having a thread to be reviewed by an admin/mod before being posted has been asked before, and the question has always been that it's impossible.

However, if you go to Administration Panel => General => Censoring => Word Censoring - there you can censor words so they are blocked.
Ramdaman
Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1615
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2014, 10:50 pm

Ramdaman wrote:The question of having a thread to be reviewed by an admin/mod before being posted has been asked before, and the question has always been that it's impossible.

However, if you go to Administration Panel => General => Censoring => Word Censoring - there you can censor words so they are blocked.

Thanks for the advise. I'm aware of this feature, however, I don't want to have posts on my forum with asterisks in them. I'd rather have them moved out of member's sight or have them deleted automatically.

I'd like to have a word on it from a staff member, if you don't mind. I'm sure there must be a way to do this. Meanwhile, if it's true you're saying, could you please provide me with (a) link(s) to prior post(s) on this? That'd be nice. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 24th 2014, 10:54 pm

like said by the other member this can not be done we have no code that will do that sort of thing and there is no plan of far as i now that says we will have this in any time soon sorry

APE

How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them? Left1212How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them? Center11How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them? Right112
How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them? Ape_b110
How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them? Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19109
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest September 24th 2014, 10:56 pm

APE wrote:like said by the other member this can not be done we have no code that will do that sort of thing and there is no plan of far as i now that says we will have this in any time soon sorry

APE

OK, well, never mind then, I guess. At least I tried. Thanks for looking into this. Smile

Please, close this topic and archive it.

Samantha.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray September 24th 2014, 11:33 pm

Topic solved and archived

How to automatically remove posts with certain vocabulary in them? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51482
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down