The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A problem of China's forumotion

3 posters

Go down

In progress A problem of China's forumotion

Post by MRLIUWENBO September 30th 2014, 3:14 pm

Dear:
 I'M a Chinese ,and I created a forum:201307.longluntan.com.But may be you don't know thatGoogle services are shielded by chinese goverment,which make us can't visit google services.
Unfortunately,when we visit the site of 201307.longluntan.com,we had to waiting for
ajax.googleapis.com for a long time.(正在链接ajax.googleapis.com)

I have found some ways to deal with this problem,but it can't be done by myself,so i turn to you all.
This is a method that many people using:
360网站卫士的解决方案:
修改方法如下:
打开wordpress代码中的文件wp-includes/script-loader.php文件,搜索:fonts.googleapis.com找到这行代码:
$open_sans_font_url = "//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family1=Open+Sans:300italic,400italic,600italic,300,400,600&subset=$subsets";
把fonts.googleapis.com替换为fonts.useso.com
修改完保存,再次刷新,大家就可以发现,自己的网站速度已经比以前快了很多,几乎瞬间就可以拿到Google字体了。
I try to translate to you:
Open the wordpress code files in the wp - includes/script - loader. The PHP files, search: fonts.googleapis.com find the line of code:$open_sans_font_url = "//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family1=Open+Sans:300italic,400italic,600italic,300,400,600&subset=$subsets";CHANGE fonts.googleapis.com INTO fonts.useso.com
After Modify them,we can use the font quicker.
It's a method for CHINESE,I think it can be used all over the world.but if it has problems in the other countries ,you'd better only make it for me.Thank you .
PS:My English is very poor, if you had any problems,please reply to me.My email address is EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY APE
If I hadn't express clearly ,you can visit  http://sowm.cn/lusongsong/article/18B08A81D6420EFA925B6E00D963FF82.html  and http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E5%B9%B4%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E5%A4%A7%E9%99%86%E5%B1%8F%E8%94%BD%E8%B0%B7%E6%AD%8C%E6%9C%8D%E5%8A%A1%E4%BA%8B%E4%BB%B6   I hope you can deal with it earlier,and after it replying to me.

Last edited by MRLIUWENBO on October 3rd 2014, 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
MRLIUWENBO

Language : Chinese

http://201307.longluntan.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: A problem of China's forumotion

Post by Ape September 30th 2014, 6:48 pm

Your Email address was removed please remember NOT to post personal data in public

A problem of China's forumotion Left1212A problem of China's forumotion Center11A problem of China's forumotion Right112
A problem of China's forumotion Ape_b110
A problem of China's forumotion Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 4th 2014, 8:19 pm

If the Chinese government is blocking Google products then there is not nothing we can do to help.  You could try removing anything related to Google products from your forum.

A problem of China's forumotion Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 7th 2014, 9:19 pm

SLGray wrote:If the Chinese government is blocking Google products then there is not nothing we can do to help.  You could try removing anything related to Google products from your forum.
Don't mean to grave dig, but forumotion does use ads. These ads might be google, they might be any random ad. I remember back in 2012 their was an issue with my site in which ads would bring the 'blackhole' javascript exploit. Either it was 2012 or 2013.

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray October 7th 2014, 10:41 pm

Ads can be removed by using credits.

A problem of China's forumotion Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest October 8th 2014, 4:49 am

SLGray wrote:Ads can be removed by using credits.
Correct, but if this is a free forum, it will mean the user can not run his/herself a forum in China. Most people who run these forums are free based or are younger people who don't have access to sites like Paypal, and Credit card to purchase these credits. Not judging the content, but I think if it's going to hurt someones forum for ads, why can't the team try another alternative for these forums?

If I had the option, I would think all users should use the forumotion.com etc and just import the ability to add languages into it. You would then have happy users, be able to profit from ads, and imported a new feature for users who need language files. This would solve the issue with getting china to somewhat cooperate with the rest of the worlds servers.

The only downfall is since it's google all users in that group wont be able to access it. Which means more people may move to other forum software. Which is a lot more unlikely as like I previously stated; forumotion is free and some softwares are pricey.
[Found a flaw in my statement from the consquence "Users in china still can't see ads"]

Edit: Looked at the code:

It seems to me it wants you to change the google fonts to the prescribed fonts of whatever that is. Since we; a don't have access too googles code, and b don't have access to forumotions ability to cipher out the different groups. Your best bet it try to get used to it.

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum