The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

[Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Leviosa on November 14th 2014, 9:53 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello

If some administrators have lost a lot of servimg pictures thanks for providing the following information:

- Url of your forum
- Link of a broken servimg image

Please note that servimg had some issue few weeks ago. By consequences, it won't be possible to get back pictures.

Thanks in advance

Buttercup :rose: :rose:


Last edited by Buttercup on February 2nd 2015, 10:42 am; edited 2 times in total


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down


In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by brandon_g on December 23rd 2014, 3:39 pm

@ape

I did everything you said, but the images are not there, yes there are images in my account, but not the specific ones I need. I think this is a server side issue, I was just wondering if buttercup could go into my site's acp via the server and restore my icons. Their nothing I can do on my end. I do not know what site I got these icons from, but they are crucial and I need them back. Buttercup is it possible for you to go into my site and get my images back?

I am including a few screenshots of my acp:
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Thanks Brandon!

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5345
Reputation : 488
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on December 23rd 2014, 7:36 pm

Hi @Sukiyomi
I am really sorry but them items have also been removed from servimg as @Buttercup has said this is not Down to anything we have done on our servers but Servimg.com them self.

we are really sorry for the loss of your icons and Hope that you can get some of them back or have them remade for you.

APE




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by brandon_g on December 23rd 2014, 7:52 pm

@APE wrote:Hi @Sukiyomi
I am really sorry but them items have also been removed from servimg as @Buttercup has said this is not Down to anything we have done on our servers but Servimg.com them self.

we are really sorry for the loss of your icons and Hope that you can get some of them back or have them remade for you.

APE
@Ape since my things have not been removed from the server, is it possible for buttercup to restore them for me?

Thanks brandon

happy Holidays!

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5345
Reputation : 488
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on December 23rd 2014, 7:55 pm

They have been removed from the servers of Servimg.com we do not Host the items that are lost we use an outside site to do this.




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by brandon_g on December 23rd 2014, 8:00 pm

I thought buttercup said they were still on the server?

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5345
Reputation : 488
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on December 23rd 2014, 9:03 pm

If they are still on the server there be in the place ask you to look in.

I can ask her if she can look for them on our side and see if she can send them to you in a pm.

but i have looked over the codes you have sent and i do not get anything other then a dot that means there no longer on Servimg.com account or about on any server that is online that i can see

Note: @Buttercup will be out of the office as from 1pm tomorrow for the Christmas Holidays.

i have tagged her in this post so she will see it Wink

Merry Christmas to you.

APE




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by brandon_g on December 23rd 2014, 10:08 pm

Actually Ape that will not be nessecary, i back tracked through all my forumotion topics to where I requested them, I have reloaded them, and they are now back on my forum. I thank you for all your assistance on this Ape and Buttercup!

P.S. I also have uploaded all the icons and things on a second website in case servimg fails again.

I wish you all a happy holidays
-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5345
Reputation : 488
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Leviosa on December 24th 2014, 9:39 am

Thanks Brandon. Happy holidays. santa rendeer
We apologize for the trouble...

Thanks for your trust :rose:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by brandon_g on December 24th 2014, 4:19 pm


Buttercup wrote:Thanks Brandon. Happy holidays. santa rendeer
We apologize for the trouble...

Thanks for your trust :rose:
Your welcome buttercup, Happy Holidays!
It's No Problem I understand this was not your fault.

Is Forumotion looking into a new image provider/host by the way?

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5345
Reputation : 488
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on December 25th 2014, 11:37 am

Thanks @Brandon. Always happy to help it's what we are here for Happy holidays.




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Jasher on January 15th 2015, 2:38 pm

Hi,

Today we seemed to have lost our Forum Main Logo Image.

http://arthursfollowers.forumotion.com/ is our forum & the broken image link is https://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/73/23/27/banner10.png

Is it able to be restored?

Jasher
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by SophieDophs on January 15th 2015, 6:55 pm

I have only noticed one small image missing on my forum, and that happened just after Christmas/New Year. An uploaded animated GIF used by a lot of our members was replaced with a one pixel image. I don't have the URL for this, sadly, I deleted it from our member's signatures when I saw the error.

Not enough of an issue to bother me so I didn't report it at the time. However, I will now keep alert and advise if any more go missing.

SophieDophs
Forumember

Female Posts : 360
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by SLGray on January 15th 2015, 10:18 pm

@Jasher wrote:Hi,

Today we seemed to have lost our Forum Main Logo Image.

http://arthursfollowers.forumotion.com/ is our forum & the broken image link is https://i43.servimg.com/u/f43/16/73/23/27/banner10.png

Is it able to be restored?
Did you upload it? If yes, go to www.servimg.com and log into your account and check to see if it appears.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36641
Reputation : 2441
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Jasher on January 15th 2015, 11:24 pm

@SLGray wrote:
Did you upload it? If yes, go to www.servimg.com and log into your account and check to see if it appears.

No I didnt. I hoping the admin who requested the creation of the logo has a copy but I doubt it. I think it might be easier just to request a new logo be made. Thanks anyway.

Jasher
New Member

Posts : 2
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Guardian-Angel on January 18th 2015, 3:07 pm

Hello

Luckily I have not had any issues with servimg.com.

However a member received an email advising her, heraccount has been created with apassword to upload her pic's.

She is a very basic computer user who doesn't upload pics. Why would she receive this "automatic" email.


Thanks for your help.

Guardian-Angel
Forumember

Posts : 437
Reputation : 8
Language : English

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Leviosa on January 19th 2015, 12:10 pm

Hello @Guardian-Angel"

I don't really understand the problem of your user. She received an automatic email from Servimg?


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Guardian-Angel on January 19th 2015, 1:27 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello @Guardian-Angel"

I don't really understand the problem of your user. She received an automatic email from Servimg?
This is what she received.


TEXT IN SCREEN SHOT REMOVED BY (APE) TEXT SHOWED EMAIL ADDRESS AND PASSWORD

Guardian-Angel
Forumember

Posts : 437
Reputation : 8
Language : English

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Leviosa on January 20th 2015, 9:25 am

Hello

That's normal to receive a servimg email when you register to a forum. So it is not a bug. However, the layout looks very bad! Could you ask your member which browser and email box she uses?

Thanks for your help :rose:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Guardian-Angel on January 20th 2015, 2:50 pm

Buttercup wrote:Hello

That's normal to receive a servimg email when you register to a forum. So it is not a bug. However, the layout looks very bad! Could you ask your member which browser and email box she uses?

Thanks for your help :rose:
She has been a member since September but just received this Jan 7th. The layout is bad only because I had to copy paste the email. The prt screen or snipping tool wouldn't let me copy it.

I will ask her to log in and walk her through the program. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug or a scam.

Thanks Smile

Guardian-Angel
Forumember

Posts : 437
Reputation : 8
Language : English

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Leviosa on January 21st 2015, 10:12 am

@Guardian-Angel wrote:
Buttercup wrote:Hello

That's normal to receive a servimg email when you register to a forum. So it is not a bug. However, the layout looks very bad! Could you ask your member which browser and email box she uses?

Thanks for your help :rose:
She has been a member since September but just received this Jan 7th. The layout is bad only because I had to copy paste the email. The prt screen or snipping tool wouldn't let me copy it.

I will ask her to log in and walk her through the program. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug or a scam.

Thanks Smile
Hello

Okay that's strange! I don't have other complaint about this problem but feel free to tell me if an other member has the same issue Smile Thanks for your help :rose:

Edit: Could you ask your member if she created an additional account on your forum with an other email address? if the email address has never been registered on our service, it is normal to get a new email... May be one avenue worth exploring Very Happy


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on January 21st 2015, 6:30 pm

has this member ever used the file up loader before to host any items ?
If no then that is why as the account as far as i know only gets made and Emailed when the account is first used.

Well that is what i thought anyway Wink

APE




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by mikeevster on January 25th 2015, 7:09 am

Just want to add that we have heaps and heaps andheapsof images missing from posts. The odd thing is that the files are there when I check, but the images don't show. It is so annoying as our site is very visual. The Galleries are ok at the moment thank goodness. The only thing I can do is to find the images on Google and reload them when really necessary!

mikeevster
Forumember

Female Posts : 46
Reputation : 0
Language : English

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Guardian-Angel on January 27th 2015, 7:54 pm

Buttercup wrote:
@Guardian-Angel wrote:
Buttercup wrote:Hello

That's normal to receive a servimg email when you register to a forum. So it is not a bug. However, the layout looks very bad! Could you ask your member which browser and email box she uses?

Thanks for your help :rose:
She has been a member since September but just received this Jan 7th. The layout is bad only because I had to copy paste the email. The prt screen or snipping tool wouldn't let me copy it.

I will ask her to log in and walk her through the program. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug or a scam.

Thanks Smile
Hello

Okay that's strange! I don't have other complaint about this problem but feel free to tell me if an other member has the same issue Smile Thanks for your help :rose:

Edit: Could you ask your member if she created an additional account on your forum with an other email address? if the email address has never been registered on our service, it is normal to get a new email... May be one avenue worth exploring Very Happy
No she didn't create another account on the forum.

@APE wrote:has this member ever used the file up loader before to host any items ?
If no then that is why as the account as far as i know only gets made and Emailed when the account is first used.

Well that is what i thought anyway Wink

APE
This is what I thought as well but she claims she has not hosted any items.

Since this is an isolated case, I have left it up to her if she wants to log in or not. She's leary of logging into sites.
Thanks Buttercup and Ape for your help!

Guardian-Angel
Forumember

Posts : 437
Reputation : 8
Language : English

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Leviosa on January 28th 2015, 9:32 am

If you've an other user complaining about let us know Wink Thanks :rose:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message



Leviosa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15587
Reputation : 1589
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on January 28th 2015, 10:15 am

All she needs to do is click on the button and then it will pickup that she has clicked it as the forum makes the account the second some one clicks the button on the forum.

Ive just tested it on my forum and this is 100% right i got the same Email just after clicking the Button in the editor tools.

Tell your member this is 100% safe.

APE




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Guardian-Angel on January 28th 2015, 7:00 pm

Thanks Buttercup and Ape for the explanation.

I use it all the time, to be honest I didn't even know there was a log in. I've never received an email. Learn something new everyday!

Thanks again, have a great day.

Guardian-Angel
Forumember

Posts : 437
Reputation : 8
Language : English

http://www.bachandbachettefans.net/forum

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by APE on January 29th 2015, 1:22 pm

your so welcome

APE




APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8614
Reputation : 748
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Niko on January 30th 2015, 3:23 pm

Hello all,

five minutes ago I have lost another picture (my avatar) Embarassed
Image disappeared: http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2612/53/90/27/avatars/8660-0.gif
The image was: http://r29.imgfast.net/users/3412/19/22/63/avatars/71863-11.gif

What happened? beu ouou

Niko
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2296
Reputation : 97
Language : English, French, Italian, Spanish, Latin

https://www.translationscloud.com/?utm_source=forumotion&utm

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by Canada Aquarium on January 31st 2015, 12:53 am

I'm not sure if this is related to the global issues at servimg, but one of my members appears to have lost a number of his photos. We just noticed yesterday, but I'm not quite certain how long they have been gone. All of his images previous to early July 2014 are gone. When the member logs on to servimg, the images are just straight up gone. Is this related to issues there, or is it related to some sort of upload limit for servimg? I can't find anything on servimg indicating such a limit, but its pretty bad.

URL: www.Canadaquaria.ca
Browser: Chrome

Missing URL examples: https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/71/35/07/20140328.jpg March 25th, 2014 ,https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/71/35/07/20140518.jpg, May 9th,https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/71/35/07/20140438.jpg April 16th, 2014

This is just a very small list of the missing urls... literally everything before early July is gone.

Canada Aquarium
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://www.canadaquaria.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: [Only topic] Loss of servimg images

Post by brandon_g on January 31st 2015, 1:00 am

@Canada Aquarium wrote:I'm not sure if this is related to the global issues at servimg, but one of my members appears to have lost a number of his photos. We just noticed yesterday, but I'm not quite certain how long they have been gone. All of his images previous to early July 2014 are gone. When the member logs on to servimg, the images are just straight up gone. Is this related to issues there, or is it related to some sort of upload limit for servimg? I can't find anything on servimg indicating such a limit, but its pretty bad.

URL: www.Canadaquaria.ca
Browser: Chrome

Missing URL examples: https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/71/35/07/20140328.jpg March 25th, 2014 ,https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/71/35/07/20140518.jpg, May 9th,https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/18/71/35/07/20140438.jpg April 16th, 2014

This is just a very small list of the missing urls... literally everything before early July is gone.

I do not of any servimg photo limit, I would say it is related. You go to the image link and get only a dot right?

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5345
Reputation : 488
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum