The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Founder, No Information

2 posters

Go down

In progress Missing Founder, No Information

Post by Zeria Iiyasei December 16th 2014, 9:25 am

Hello. I'm not sure if my issue can even be solved, but I figured it was worth a shot. 

In 2010, a friend and I decided to start a roleplay forum. He set things up (I wasn't so tech-savvy then), but forgot to give me the information, and I never needed it (I'm an administrator), so I didn't bother with it. He disappeared in 2011. His last visit is June 12th of 2011. I was never able to get in contact with him after that, despite repeated attempts. The forum is still going, I've been running it, but there are some things in the administration panel I can't do because he was the founder. I see the email for the forum, but I don't know the password.

In Short: Is there any way I can recover this information, since I am not the founder, but am the one running the forum, or would that be against rules because of him being the founder? I'd like to make a lot of improvements to my forum so I can get ready to invite a large group of new people to write stories with. I would make a new forum, but I have no way of moving all of the posts that have been made, and I don't want everyone to lose the hard work they've put into the stories written.

I also apologize if the thread was unnecessary. I wasn't sure if this would fit into the "I forgot my password" thread, since I didn't lose a password I never had. >~<

Thanks,

Zeria
Zeria Iiyasei
Zeria Iiyasei

Female Posts : 1
Language : English

http://www.rpsanctum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Missing Founder, No Information

Post by Shadow December 18th 2014, 9:54 am

Helle Zeria

You can read this tutorial: https://help.forumotion.com/t81878-recovery-or-change-founder-of-an-account

Once you have all information, you can send me a private message with the link of this topic.

Thaks

Buttercup :rose:
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down