The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Photoshop Tutorials Section

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

33% 33% 
[ 3 ]
67% 67% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 9

Photoshop Tutorials Section

Post by Asriel on December 20th 2014, 9:42 am

Greetings, everyone!

So, as the title suggests,I believe there should be a section called "Photoshop Tutorials" or something alike. I honestly believe that such section would benefit many creative people here and those are just starting out with photoshop.

How it will work:
The Graphic Designers and Seasoned veterans and anyone who has anything valuable to offer, of Photoshop world would be able to post -- or perhaps suggests tutorials as they do with forum tutorials. Based on Graphic's Designer's opinion and review of the tutorial, (looking at how detailed the tutorial is, the steps, etc) it shall be either accepted or denied.

Personally, it would help all creative geniuses out there to hone their skills or to improve or learn something useful from other members who have knowledge in such field.

Yes, I am aware that there are plenty of sites with many Photoshop tutorials offered. But some of those are hard to follow or simply they are not well explained. I have seen so many amazing members who can do magic with a click and a touch of a mouse. I have come many times back here for assistance, all because I am not well educated about photoshop. I know the basics but I am by no means a genius at it.

So, there it is. Please let me know what you FMotioners think, and I do hope you like the idea. I know I am excited if it gets approved.

TA-DA!! Smile

Asriel
Forumember

Male Posts : 583
Language : English, Russian, Ukrainian

http://www.worldofmutants.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Photoshop Tutorials Section

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ on December 20th 2014, 10:01 am

i agree but it should be a graphics tutorial section not just photoshop and members could just include in the title ps- for photoshop, psp- paintshop pro, gimp - ....well u get the point

also i think you should have to have so many post to submit a tutorial because i know how people are .. they will create a account post 1 tutorial and poof never see them again .. witch is pointless because members may need help with the tutorial ..

_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2020
Language : English

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mati on December 20th 2014, 11:56 am

There are a lot of photoshop tutorials on the net to learn, so I think is not necessary.

Mati
Active Poster

Language : || HTML || CSS || jQuery ||

http://elite-gaming.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt on December 29th 2014, 4:48 am

Not really needed with all the places you could find tutorials these days. Starting with youtube and forums dedicated to Photoshop.

Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 287
Language : EN, SPA

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on December 29th 2014, 3:12 pm

We've had this suggestion in the past and generally it is refused as like others have said there are plenty of tutorials on the net.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on December 29th 2014, 8:31 pm

I agree, good thought!
I am quite bad, so for users like this this tutorial will be a blessing! Wink

@Derri wrote:We've had this suggestion in the past and generally it is refused as like others have said there are plenty of tutorials on the net.

Question: if such are available on the net, I think a tutorial signed from forumotion is not such a bad idea on the contrary such that it can be attached to the help support or something like that Wink

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 29th 2014, 10:47 pm

If we did any artistic-based tutorials, I would most certainly not just limit it to the program of Photoshop--not only can thousands of photoshop tutorials be found online, but there are a lot of people that use other graphic programs, such as Fireworks or GIMP.

I voted no, but what it really depends on is how many people would submit tutorials of their own for the various programs and also, how much moderation the section would take. After all, we only have so many designers and this would be an added responsibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on December 31st 2014, 10:10 am

Leah7 : I agree with your point, then why not do a gimp tutorial... and also photoshop?
Ex on french forum people are not forced to explain their votes let alone post anything, and they get offended once asked to provide some explanation.

Personally I'm glad you took the time to express your point, and at my standpoint who uses forumotion services for my site/blog/forum would like an in-house service, as I view it as such, the consumer buys a product, or uses one (free), and the CR guy says, sorry no tutorial go online to find it, I'm sure in this case the customer to be will look elsewhere.

I have studied some marketing in college and believe me the thin line between attracting and repelling users/consumers is how the CR staff treat their users. Mind you I understand fully your point as insider, I'm just like any consumer, an outsider, so surely my views are limited, but the extra effort you guys can make to please us is always well received, believe me ! Wink

Sometimes it is not the tutorial itself, but the whole relationship process between institution and end-user. Exclamation

Thanks for taking the time, to see/understand our (my) standpoint, ... Leah7 Very Happy

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on December 31st 2014, 7:14 pm

Forumotion does not provide graphic design, but forums. Because of this, there are support forums. The graphic sections are an optional service. Themes for your forums are created people who use the service. Most of these people offer graphic support on their forums.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35661

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 1st 2015, 11:57 am

Yes i know, but i like in house things if available. Which is why i'd like to see such tutorials on Forumotion spaces.

(Ex. me as an enduser, i personally don't like to look elsewhere if the forum motion help forum offers great service i see no point in looking elsewhere or at competitors. Wink)

But of course, as i am not involved in anything far or close to graphic support I am not affected by the outcome of vote, but still liked it if the help forum provides such things.

Quite honestly if a bad grapher exists out there I am worse, as i content of using MS Paint for artwork. So i am far from being the example...

Happy new year! Very Happy

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by _Twisted_Mods_ on January 1st 2015, 12:13 pm

i personally like the idea of a member tutorial section because i remember when i first started doing gfx i search online for hours for tutorial and most of the ones i found did not have very good details and there was no support for them to figure out what you was doing wrong .. but i just want a members only tutorial section meaning people can search tutorials off google and post them here .. it has to be ones they created there self so if someone needs help they can provide the info needed the help that person .. as far as moderation i dont think it really needs any excepted if enough people complain the person either has to provide more info in a certain time limit or the tutorial is removed .. as far as accept and denied they should all be excepted unless its a basic tutorial of how to draw a box then of course remove it ... thats pretty much all i have to say ...as stated b4 voted yes

_Twisted_Mods_
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2020

http://liquidcode.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on January 2nd 2015, 1:11 am

I really don't think that a section for graphic tutorials is necessary. The main focus of the forum is to provide support for Forumotion-related problems. There are plenty of good tutorial websites out there.

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 2nd 2015, 6:46 am

Hi, then tn this case , referring us to partner forums will do the trick just as well, Wink
so maybe a topic from forumotion staff listing these forums or websites affiliated to forumotion in my eyes equally helps us.

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Base on January 2nd 2015, 11:30 am

@Count Dooku If members would like a topic linking to external websites for tutorials, then I suppose that is a sensible idea. Smile

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Language : English and French

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 2nd 2015, 12:41 pm

Well this is an idea I'd accept (having voted in favour of this poll) as compromise for a personal level.
This idea should suit the author of the poll as well ?

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Herry Sudrajat on July 17th 2015, 9:34 am

I agree with this suggestion. because photoshop software is important in web design. you can create a template attractive fit your creations.
if you search on google or youtube, you may be confused to start, but if the suggestion is accepted, at least there is someone who is moderate at the same time guiding.
and if this suggestion is accepted, I want to contribute there! thanks anyway Very good

Herry Sudrajat
Forumember

Male Posts : 52
Language : Indonesian, English

http://www.dkvdaily.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Katsuragi on September 29th 2015, 10:55 pm

Thanks!

Ricardo Katsuragi

http://katsuragi.gm@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion on June 11th 2016, 7:51 am

Like it has been mentioned above, this is really not needed here with so many tutorials o the net and on some our great forums, that are listed in the Forum Promotion Section

BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 4455

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on June 11th 2016, 11:50 am

Since this is a support forum that offers optional services like graphics, this topic will be refused. The main purpose of the support forum is to give support to forum users.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35661

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum