The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

More than 50 PM limit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

100% 100% 
[ 7 ]
0% 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 7

More than 50 PM limit

Post by Quirinus on December 23rd 2014, 12:03 pm

Can we please have more than 50 PMs? At least for admins (and maybe mods & some selected users)?

I mean, I get at least like 3-4 PMs every day, then I respond to them and get a response, then have to clarify or elaborate something in it, and before you know it, I've got like 10+ new pms in my inbox, some of which I don't want to immediately delete. (plus constantly deleting them few-by-few as I get new ones is a pain in the backside). Then some people don't quote conversations so I can't have it all in one PM, or spend more time and effort to get it all on one PM with multiple quotes. Same thing with the sentbox. My savebox is full too, so I can't really save some messages I wanted to.

Combining messages and then sending them to myself so I can save more than one message in my savebox is just plain stupid. Saving them in a file on my computer is also kinda stupid. Making a "private" thread and storing them there is also not really private and a good solution.

Can we just get the limit increased? A regular user doesn't have to deal with so many PMs, and 95% of their PMs aren't important enough that they can't be deleted immediately, unlike admin (and maybe mod) PMs.

It has come to the point where I'm thinking of writing a script/bot that will bypass the forum inbox and store my PMs on an external server, if you can't help with this. And coding such a thing would probably take more time, that I don't have much of, than you increasing the limit (and it would help only me instead of all the forums), plus it's kinda stupid that I would have to resort to something like that...

I'm sure that many other admins of some of the forums that aren't small have the same problem.
We would be very grateful if you could help us with that!

Quirinus

Language : English, Croatian, Italian, German, etc.

http://www.medianxl.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: More than 50 PM limit

Post by MarcoNecroX on December 23rd 2014, 2:51 pm

+1

Too bad FM doesn't really care about this subforum.

MarcoNecroX
Forumember

Language : English

http://www.medianxl.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on December 23rd 2014, 3:19 pm

@MarcoNecroX wrote:+1

FM does read the suggestions but its impossible to implement everything everyone wants.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Quirinus on December 24th 2014, 10:34 pm

This is probably one of the more easier (and less time demanding) things to implement, and would be immensely useful.

Quirinus

Language : English, Croatian, Italian, German, etc.

http://www.medianxl.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SarkZKalie on December 27th 2014, 9:50 am

Expand the limits of Forumotion is really a great idea Very HappyE.g: more avatar storage, more smileys.

And I voted Yes Twisted Evil

SarkZKalie
Forumember

Male Posts : 419

http://rotavn.nstars.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead on December 27th 2014, 10:53 am

I'm abstaining from voting.

This has been an open suggestion since 2011, it hasnt happened yet, it's so very safe to assume this won't be happening unless the devs need a quick "Lets keep them happy" update.

@Derri wrote:

FM does read the suggestions but its impossible to implement everything everyone wants.

Yes, the suggestions are read and applied strictly from the French support forum, not from any other language. I expect staff to not give false hope

RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 27th 2014, 12:34 pm

@RadioHead wrote:I'm abstaining from voting.

This has been an open suggestion since 2011, it hasnt happened yet, it's so very safe to assume this won't be happening unless the devs need a quick "Lets keep them happy" update.

@Derri wrote:

Yes, the suggestions are read and applied strictly from the French support forum, not from any other language. I expect staff to not give false hope
OUCH!! Me toes! Laughing Well, I abstain from voting as well, as my bar's nearly done Rolling Eyes ....

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on December 27th 2014, 3:43 pm

I vote agree! It would be useful!

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5144

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on December 29th 2014, 8:51 pm

@Quirinus wrote:Can we please have more than 50 PMs? At least for admins (and maybe mods & some selected users)?

I mean, I get at least like 3-4 PMs every day, then I respond to them and get a response, then have to clarify or elaborate something in it, and before you know it, I've got like 10+ new pms in my inbox, some of which I don't want to immediately delete. (plus constantly deleting them few-by-few as I get new ones is a pain in the backside). Then some people don't quote conversations so I can't have it all in one PM, or spend more time and effort to get it all on one PM with multiple quotes. Same thing with the sentbox. My savebox is full too, so I can't really save some messages I wanted to.

Combining messages and then sending them to myself so I can save more than one message in my savebox is just plain stupid. Saving them in a file on my computer is also kinda stupid. Making a "private" thread and storing them there is also not really private and a good solution.

Can we just get the limit increased? A regular user doesn't have to deal with so many PMs, and 95% of their PMs aren't important enough that they can't be deleted immediately, unlike admin (and maybe mod) PMs.

It has come to the point where I'm thinking of writing a script/bot that will bypass the forum inbox and store my PMs on an external server, if you can't help with this. And coding such a thing would probably take more time, that I don't have much of, than you increasing the limit (and it would help only me instead of all the forums), plus it's kinda stupid that I would have to resort to something like that...

I'm sure that many other admins of some of the forums that aren't small have the same problem.
We would be very grateful if you could help us with that!

yes the french invented a way to store our pm's on public profile, yet 50 mp limit is quickly gone.
What we make of it? a big "yes" ... it is time forumotioon reviews this...

my suggestion follows the same lines, http://help.forumotion.com/t137854-system-to-save-pms-in-one-click-for-our-forums (from pm's save box to profile)

We need a large space to store pm's on an area with infinite capcity Wink

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on October 30th 2015, 10:22 pm

Since there was an update to the pm system, this topic will be archived.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35672

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum