The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Quick pm saving system for help.forumotion help forum ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

50% 50% 
[ 2 ]
50% 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Quick pm saving system for help.forumotion help forum ?

Post by Count Dooku on December 29th 2014, 6:22 pm

Hi, my suggestion is simple.

just like the the french forum has already updated recently, as this thread suggests? will there anything like this here for quick pm safeguarding?

http://forum.forumactif.com/t374738-demande-de-revue-de-sauvegarde-de-mp-via-deplacer-la-selection-sur-le-profil-nos-forums

In the like there is no option yet in place here would you like to have implemented such a thing here? (me i hope so, because i have other things to do than to keep saving individual pms on cds, dvds or others) Laughing

Thanks!
Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Re: Quick pm saving system for help.forumotion help forum ?

Post by Derri on December 29th 2014, 7:54 pm

We don't have this option enabled because we don't have visitor messaging enabled. You'll only have that option available if you enable visitor messages.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8614
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on December 29th 2014, 8:27 pm

Perfect that is the thing, I don't want to enable the visitor messages either but still want, if there is such a method available, to save my pms in a couple of clicks Wink

That is the whole point of my suggestion Smile Thanks Derri! Exclamation
Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on December 29th 2014, 9:48 pm

Well we can't make this option happen as we don't add unnecessary scripts to the support forum and its not an option made by default.

So I'm afraid this isn't possible.

If you want to keep an external copy of your PM and don't want to keep it in the 'savebox' then the only thing I can suggest is taking a screenshot.

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8614
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on December 29th 2014, 10:07 pm

Is this a suggestion for the support forum or your forum?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 40853
Language : English

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on December 29th 2014, 10:42 pm

I'm pretty sure this is a suggestion for the support forum, but I could be wrong. Either way, I'm not sure I'd want this feature, due to the fact that there isn't really enough space for PM's to begin with, so I'd rather save things otherwise unless the PM box capacities are increased.

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 2nd 2015, 9:52 am

Well, I asked for the same suggestion on french and English boards.

- the french made a system to place pm's on public profile, a great way to breach private messaging if end-users don't close profiles. My suggestion there was/is for them to change this, or modify the recently validated option to do such things with pm's. (i noticed something strange 2 days ago, the capacity of the public profile became much less now with this option open, a bit weird if you ask me Razz)

- on your support forum, to have a quick saved option (for pm's)...

Derri: Your confirmation made me less nervous that pm's here will be read by public profiles. Indeed, I use screenshots often, but the risk that space (on the PC) runs out, or that is formatted and all data is lost is a possibility... I thought at one time to print the very crucial ones...

So yes, inspite this "quick pm saving method" is addressed to both the support forum and individual forums, I sincerely hope forumotion provides us some form to save pm's in 2 clicks, but in no way to do it like the french did, to have it on the public message profile Laughing

Thanks for your input guys, hope my clarifications helps you see my point better.

So Indeed, Derri; screens are a good idea, (thanks for that reminder, I will keep it in mind in case such options are rejected as a last resort), but I still am skeptical about saving space as I have large amounts of Pm's to save... Smile

If you want to see my 2009 suggestion on french board, I will gladly put it here, or via pm if it is inappropriate here?

i want pm box to be increased apparently french team (if they are the big bosses) don't...
I asked them in 2009 for an immediate pm saving method, and I wasn't surprised to see it rejected.

I don't want to be rude here, but on french support hosted forumotion accounts, i will stop using Pm's. (Here yes i see no issue why not)
Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by RadioHead on January 2nd 2015, 11:10 am

Count, Long time no see; hope your well old friend Smile

Are you specifically relating to the 'visitor message' on a users' profile, in the comment immediately above?

A saving thing would be handy, indeed.

Derri: If we don't add anything un-necessary, can u explain the forum holiday decorations? Their all scripts, and those scripts are just as readily available on Google as any other decoration is; and most likely would not slow a user down.

Anything that is suggested on the French board has a significantly higher chance of being made, and/or getting atleast a general yes/no/maybe. You will NOT hear back about it from the devs here.
RadioHead
Forumember

Language : English (der?)

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 2nd 2015, 12:51 pm

Fine thanks, i decided to set camp here, I see the guys (members, not moderators) generally nicer here than in the french board (esp in help area)...
--> so henceforth I will be Spending more time here! Smile but scattered around through the help forum and leave the helping for the expert as my helping days are long over.

You are right about speed, efficiency and all the rest, but support teams can be nice and friendly (like here) and efficient (as there) for voted polls to pull thru in the best way possible.

A suggestion if you allow me, the moderators may not see the question here, you may want to address it in the proper section. Hope you're not offended as it is just a hint.

For my part, as it's been a while you need to refresh my memory, it's been indeed along time
!! (sorry for forgetting, but as I am more accustomed to french site, I tend to leave sadly though this wonderful forum behind)

PS: Yes, I am on the french site forumotion end-users (in french areas) have this place to put all pm's; it is rather bad if you ask me, here a similar idea would be welcome for quick pm saving but not on public areas), unless you chose to save via screenshots as advised by Derri... Smile
Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 6th 2015, 11:04 pm

Hi, even though I hate bumping on poll threads, this one may be important!
Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Vanityy on April 21st 2016, 5:39 pm

I don't really see a need for this.

Poll is currently closed, @SLGray.
Vanityy
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2336

http://forumpromocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on April 21st 2016, 9:07 pm

@Forumedic wrote:I don't really see a need for this.

Poll is currently closed, @SLGray.
It should not be closed. Are you sure that you have not already voted?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 40853

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum