The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

system to save pms in one click? (for our forums)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

67% 67% 
[ 2 ]
33% 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3

system to save pms in one click? (for our forums)

Post by Count Dooku on December 29th 2014, 6:24 pm

Hi, my suggestion is simple.

just like the the french forum has already updated recently, as this thread suggests? will there anything like this here for quick pm safeguarding?

http://forum.forumactif.com/t374738-demande-de-revue-de-sauvegarde-de-mp-via-deplacer-la-selection-sur-le-profil-nos-forums

In the like there is no option yet in place here would you like to implement such a thing for out forums? I am asking because i extensively use pms and dont want ro save individually my pms on cds or external drives, but obliously think the french idea to put it in the public profile ain't such a good idea.

I hope this idea gets accepted. I hope i am not crossing bridges here, but i think it is a good idea to have such system here also, just like they do. I also hope we can discuss this openly because i don't want to spend my time saving pms individually (regardless if on CDs, DVDs or external disks, or let alone print them) Laughing

our forum even though french in origin was created via www.forumotion.net and our help forum refers to this one. so, after checking out our case, pms can be saved but to the public profile. As this "public" defeats the "private" part of pms, i really hope you guys will reconsider this and convince the french guys to do likewise if you can.

Awaiting your reply I hope I can be of assistance to clarify my suggestion. but i believe it is clear and needs no further argumentation.

I feel it is important we know exactly where our pms go once we put them in public profile! Unless you guys decide to provide us an option which, yes in the same click and effort enables us to send the pm's to our pc or to our emails as attachments Wink this way, with this option we will safeguard our messages and will keep 'em private Razz
Thanks for your time in taking part in this suggestion Smile And together we're stronger! lol!

Count Dooku
Forumember

Language : English, French, some Arabic

Back to top Go down

Re: system to save pms in one click? (for our forums)

Post by Count Dooku on December 31st 2014, 9:24 am

Hi, guys sorry for this up although I don't like upping... esp in poll topics.
I feel this poll deserves some attention!

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 3rd 2015, 4:50 pm

Hi again, I don't know if here like in the french forum we are prohibited to ask for people who vote to comment, so to be safe I won't

On the other hand, I will explain better my idea as this concerns all our forums.

- 5 years ago, i proposed an automatic way to save Pm's on the french board, it was rejected (for the french speaking end-users out there, you can read more by clicking the link: http://forum.forumactif.com/t222417-sauvegarde-immediate-des-messages-prives-apres-lecture-reponse Smile)

- I think I proposed an increase of Pm capacity on the same board, rejected again... (I must find that link... ?)

- the object of this poll is to have an automated saving pm method, like the french forum, BUT NOT via the public profile, here thankfully deactivated.

Who doesn't want to save Pm's? Me personally i definitely do...

Now to convince Forumotion though this poll to help us users with plenty Pm's to have a good, easy and quick way to same 'em Wink

Thanks for reading on, voting or commenting! Or doing what you do best, discussing, Wink

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on January 3rd 2015, 8:46 pm

You can save pm's by pressing the save button. They are moved to the savebox.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35634
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Count Dooku on January 3rd 2015, 9:09 pm

Hi, "SLGray" this is insufficient for me. I save lots of pm's and think an increased saved box capacity would be welcome, eventually.

In my case that is the case on our forums even though the French forum provides a saving pm capacity on the rublic profile, the idea is good to get them out of "saved box" but bad because potentially made public if we don't close it.

Therefore, I hope there will be such a quick pm option "saved box" to export them to our pc, on our email inbox, or on an area other than the public profile.

Count Dooku
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on December 6th 2015, 5:30 am

Bumping to move this suggestion to the first page.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35634
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum