The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Delete an account from a forum?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Ace700 on January 1st 2015, 2:19 am

Hi, I want to delete my account on a forum, that i am currently banned on right now, and would like to get removed. Can someone do this for me?

http://www.forumotion.com/unscribe Used this link and clicked the link in email, and can't remove account still. Any advice?

Ace700
Forumember

Male Posts : 123
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://Dont_use_one_anymore_just_helps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Derri on January 1st 2015, 2:22 am

Were you registered for longer than 7 days before getting the ban? If so you need to be registered 7 days and then you can delete your account.


Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Ace700 on January 1st 2015, 2:24 am

@Derri wrote:Were you registered for longer than 7 days before getting the ban? If so you need to be registered 7 days and then you can delete your account.
Been registered for a year. Banned for 4 years, and rather have my posts pruned then saved.

Ace700
Forumember

Male Posts : 123
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://Dont_use_one_anymore_just_helps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Derri on January 1st 2015, 2:27 am

I think the other issue is that you need to be logged in as well when the action is done. The only other suggestion is to contact the admin but then you've got to ask yourself. Is it really worth going to all this effort just so that your posts appear as 'Guest' as they aren't deleted.


Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Ace700 on January 1st 2015, 2:31 am

@Derri wrote:I think the other issue is that you need to be logged in as well when the action is done. The only other suggestion is to contact the admin but then you've got to ask yourself. Is it really worth going to all this effort just so that your posts appear as 'Guest' as they aren't deleted.
Admin quit 1 year ago. Can I contact leela(buttercup) to remove my account?

Ace700
Forumember

Male Posts : 123
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://Dont_use_one_anymore_just_helps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Derri on January 1st 2015, 2:36 am

@Ace700 wrote:
@Derri wrote:I think the other issue is that you need to be logged in as well when the action is done. The only other suggestion is to contact the admin but then you've got to ask yourself. Is it really worth going to all this effort just so that your posts appear as 'Guest' as they aren't deleted.
Admin quit 1 year ago. Can I contact leela(buttercup) to remove my account?
I'm not sure if the Pros have the ability to remove accounts from forums but its worth a try. Although you won't get a reply until the 2nd as no one will be in office today/Jan 1st


Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public


Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Reputation : 571
Language : English & Basic French
Location : Scotland, United Kingdom

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by Ace700 on January 1st 2015, 2:38 am

@Derri wrote:
@Ace700 wrote:
@Derri wrote:I think the other issue is that you need to be logged in as well when the action is done. The only other suggestion is to contact the admin but then you've got to ask yourself. Is it really worth going to all this effort just so that your posts appear as 'Guest' as they aren't deleted.
Admin quit 1 year ago. Can I contact leela(buttercup) to remove my account?
I'm not sure if the Pros have the ability to remove accounts from forums but its worth a try. Although you won't get a reply until the 2nd as no one will be in office today/Jan 1st
No rush. I just want my account gone! Smile

Ace700
Forumember

Male Posts : 123
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://Dont_use_one_anymore_just_helps.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Delete an account from a forum?

Post by SLGray on January 1st 2015, 3:58 am

What exactly happens when you try to unsubscribe?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35629
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum