The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Search Facilty.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Search Facilty.

Post by cookiemonster395 on January 9th 2015, 7:38 pm

At present the search Facilty on our forum allows for a search with a word of four letters or more. I would like to reduce to to 3 if I'm able?

Would anyone be able to direct to where I might be able to reduce the amount of letters needed for a search?

Also, at present it seems the search only searches titles, is there an advanced version of thesearch we could us that allows us to search the text in the threads also?

cookiemonster395
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Search Facilty.

Post by Soul on January 9th 2015, 7:41 pm

Hello cookiemonster395,
For a more advanced search feature, you can always use the search url of your forum. An example is help.forumotion.com/search

This link will allow you to use an advanced search feature and you are not limited to 4 letters minimum if I am correct.

Hope this helps!

-James

Soul
Forumember

Male Posts : 673

http://adminvortex.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Search Facilty.

Post by cookiemonster395 on January 9th 2015, 8:10 pm

I just return to the homepage in trying that waybut thank you. I do appreciate the offer of help.

I'd rather have access to the search feature we already have at the top of the forum anyway rather than asking members who do need to search for things of three letters or less to open a new page and direct a search in that way. I want the search feature we already have to be an accessible feature on the forum with ease of use for all, so I need to access 'that search feature' in order to lower the letter count and enable us to search within threads, not just titles.

cookiemonster395
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum