The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 12:30 pm

Heya!

I've sent something to the waste bin that shouldn't have gone there in the first place. Now, even as a forum founder, I can't retrieve the item and select the original forum it has been deleted from. Can someone please explain what I should do to get the topic back, please?

Thanks!

Website: http://fcnl.actieforum.com
Version: phpBB3

Samantha. Hello


Last edited by SamanthaS on January 11th 2015, 2:59 am; edited 3 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by HrvojeP on January 10th 2015, 12:42 pm

Hi, Samantha!
Did you move the topic into basket or you deleted it?

HrvojeP
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Reputation : 2
Language : Croatian, English
Location : Croatia

http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 12:46 pm

I'm not sure, it's been like a week ago I think. If I deleted it it wouldn't have been added to the waste bin, right? So, probably I moved it. But I can see no options nowhere to recover it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by HrvojeP on January 10th 2015, 12:51 pm

I believe that deleted post can not be recovered. That is the reason why I created one forum called "Basket". Before deleting the topic I move it into the basket and let it be there for some time. If I change the mind I can move the topic back on its old place.

bye

HrvojeP
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Reputation : 2
Language : Croatian, English
Location : Croatia

http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 12:55 pm

@HrvojeP wrote:I believe that deleted post can not be recovered. That is the reason why I created one forum called "Basket". Before deleting the topic I move it into the basket and let it be there for some time. If I change the mind I can move the topic back on its old place.

bye
Darn.... What's the use of having a bin then? Now I won't forget next time. Thanks for your advise. I won't mark this topic solved, yet. Maybe someone else (staff member maybe) has a bright idea or confirms what you've said. Anyways, enjoy your day and thanks for looking into this. Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by HrvojeP on January 10th 2015, 12:57 pm

Yes, it is good idea to see what will say one of the forum staff.
Have a nice day! Very Happy

HrvojeP
Forumember

Male Posts : 124
Reputation : 2
Language : Croatian, English
Location : Croatia

http://drvenibrodovi.forumotion.eu/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 1:02 pm

Just came back to "+1" ya. Well, I did right now... Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Ramdaman on January 10th 2015, 2:34 pm

Yes, once deleted, it is removed from the database, not sent to the bin.

Is this solved?

Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1614
Reputation : 96
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS
Location : New York City

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 5:27 pm

@Ramdaman wrote:Yes, once deleted, it is removed from the database, not sent to the bin.

Is this solved?
If an item is moved to the bin, can I recover it afterwards then?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 6:36 pm

Hello if you have deleted it then it will be removed for good but if you have a forum that is made as a Recycle Bin then it should be in there can you please give me a link to your forum and can you make a test account on your forum with admin rights to it so i can take a look see if you have a Recycle Bin of your forum. please send the info to me in a pm Wink

APE





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Ramdaman on January 10th 2015, 6:37 pm

SamanthaS wrote:If an item is moved to the bin, can I recover it afterwards then?

Yes of course, just go to the topic in the bin and press the "Move" option. A bin is just like any ordinary forum, except where no one can post/reply and the forum/topics are locked.

Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1614
Reputation : 96
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS
Location : New York City

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 6:42 pm

@Ape : I'll PM you with the credentials in a minute. Forum address: http://fcnl.actieforum.com.

@Ramdaman: That's just it. The "move" option is nowhere to be found.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 6:44 pm

Thank you i will look to see if i can find a forum that has the Recycle Bin settings and then see if i can find your post please also give me the name of what the thread was called so i can see if i can find it .

if you don't know what it was called i can just look to see if its still there for you.

APe





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Ramdaman on January 10th 2015, 6:48 pm

SamanthaS wrote:@Ape : I'll PM you with the credentials in a minute. Forum address: http://fcnl.actieforum.com.

@Ramdaman: That's just it. The "move" option is nowhere to be found.

Should be at the bottom right of the page (under the utmost bottom topic response)

Otherwise, are you sure you're the admin of the forum? Maybe you've deleted the "Move" button icon if you are an admin.

Ramdaman
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1614
Reputation : 96
Language : English, Albanian, Macedonian, Russian | HTML, CSS
Location : New York City

http://ndihme.forumotion.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 6:49 pm

@Ape : Sent you the PM.
@Ramdaman : I tried both as a founder as well as an admin.

I never used a recycle bin on a forum before.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by brandon_g on January 10th 2015, 6:54 pm

@Ramdaman wrote:
SamanthaS wrote:@Ape : I'll PM you with the credentials in a minute. Forum address: http://fcnl.actieforum.com.

@Ramdaman: That's just it. The "move" option is nowhere to be found.

Should be at the bottom right of the page (under the utmost bottom topic response)

Otherwise, are you sure you're the admin of the forum? Maybe you've deleted the "Move" button icon if you are an admin.

Even if you deleted the icon button on the topic, she could still move it through the moderation panel of that forum which all admins and Moderators can see. All you have to do is go into the moderation panel and move it.

-Brandon

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5140
Reputation : 478
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 6:59 pm

@brandon_g wrote:
@Ramdaman wrote:
SamanthaS wrote:@Ape : I'll PM you with the credentials in a minute. Forum address: http://fcnl.actieforum.com.

@Ramdaman: That's just it. The "move" option is nowhere to be found.

Should be at the bottom right of the page (under the utmost bottom topic response)

Otherwise, are you sure you're the admin of the forum? Maybe you've deleted the "Move" button icon if you are an admin.

Even if you deleted the icon button on the topic, she could still move it through the moderation panel of that forum which all admins and Moderators can see. All you have to do is go into the moderation panel and move it.

-Brandon
Well Ape's still busy working on it. I really don't know, Brandon. I don't even remember what I did and I don't know how to use the recycle bin. It might be CSS though. Or maybe it's just silly me for that matter... Razz I'm not sure. But I want to make it work the way I see a recycle bin should. I'm trying all the help I can get now. Let's wait and see... Smile Thanks.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 7:03 pm

ok here you go please do the Following
Go to your Bin click on the post you want to move>>
Now right a the Bottom of the page on the left hand side
look for this link

Then click it your then see a page with the posts on and a little box next to them on the right
Click the one you want to move then look a little down the page you will see your move button

APE





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 7:07 pm

@Ape : Wow thanks Ape! So is that normal procedure?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by brandon_g on January 10th 2015, 7:19 pm

Yeah, I am glad I could help by pointing out the Moderation panel. Best of luck Samantha,

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5140
Reputation : 478
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 7:21 pm

that is the new way to do it but you should of have some buttons under the post but i can not see any buttons for moding at all you may have to add them in your ACP let me just take a look
EDIT: i have just looked in your ACP and see that you have all the tools to have them placed under the posts but for some strange reason your buttons are missing have you made any change to your templates ?





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 7:24 pm

@Brandon : Thanks dude.
@Ape : I've never changed any templates, until about 2 minutes ago (http://help.forumotion.com/t138188-how-to-remove-all-of-the-statistics-shown-on-my-forum?nid=692#934808). I didn't even know they existed in phpBB3 Razz Could you please solve that then for me? I mean the buttons or so? You still got access right?

EDIT: Or is it a flaw in phpBB3? Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 7:33 pm

Hi Sammi can you please Do the Following this as i can not use templates as im only Admin and that tool is only for founders to use.

Go to ACP Display Tab >> Templates >>

  • General look for >> Force the default templates : Click YES then save

then let me know when your done .

Dont Worry this will not remove the code you just added it will only turn it off for a sec untill i can see if thats what was messing the buttons up. then post here when done

APE





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 7:35 pm

@APE wrote:Hi Sammi can you please Do the Following this as i can not use templates as im only Admin and that tool is only for founders to use.

Go to ACP Display Tab >> Templates >>

  • General look for >> Force the default templates : Click YES then save

then let me know when your done .

Dont Worry this will not remove the code you just added it will only turn it off for a sec untill i can see if thats what was messing the buttons up. then post here when done

APE
@Ape : Done! Smile

PS: I didn't add code, I removed some. But I remember what to remove if it's still there when I disable the "Force the default templates" option. Wink

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 7:41 pm

ok that did not do a thing you can tern it back on again now Wink
i will have to look at some other settings as they should be there at the bottom the same place as the tool i just told you to use to move the post Wink

Give me some time i will see what its doing it Wink





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 7:43 pm

@APE wrote:ok that did not do a thing you can tern it back on again now Wink
i will have to look at some other settings as they should be there at the bottom the same place as the tool i just told you to use to move the post Wink

Give me some time i will see what its doing it Wink
@Ape : Sure thing! You're welcome. Please, let me know what to do with your account after you're done. If you want I can keep you as one of the admins. Wink

I'll turn back the option now.

EDIT: What happened to my website? Razz http://prntscr.com/5qu2it This was the cause of forcing the standard templates back on right? So funny! I'm starting to like templates now! Very Happy

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 8:00 pm

ok i have found your problem i was making some tests to find out why your tools was missing

I was playing with your CSS system and found this code was the problem

Code:
/**** HIDE TIME / LAST VISIT / NEW MSSG / POSTS / ****************/
/**** UNANSWERED MSSGS/MARK ALL READ *****************************/
.linklist {display:none !important;}
.right, .rightside {display:none !important;}
/**** END HIDE TIME / LAST VISIT / NEW MSSG / POSTS / ************/

it removes the Code that makes them tool show
its the part that says.right, .rightside, None is the problem





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 8:08 pm

@APE wrote:ok i have found your problem i was making some tests to find out why your tools was missing

I was playing with your CSS system and found this code was the problem

Code:
/**** HIDE TIME / LAST VISIT / NEW MSSG / POSTS / ****************/
/**** UNANSWERED MSSGS/MARK ALL READ *****************************/
.linklist {display:none !important;}
.right, .rightside {display:none !important;}
/**** END HIDE TIME / LAST VISIT / NEW MSSG / POSTS / ************/

it removes the Code that makes them tool show
its the part that says.right, .rightside, None is the problem
@Ape : Hmm... that's odd. I entered that CSS code late this afternoon. The problem showed way before I added that; I've been struggling with it for days before posting out on here. I found the code in one of the tutorials on here. So now it's all back then, the last visited time, last unread topics, active topics, top 20 whatever.... hmmm... Some tutorials should be rewritten or at least be revised then since the phpBB3 templates were added, I think. How can I best hide them links then AND keep the recovery icons for the bin?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by APE on January 10th 2015, 8:50 pm

ok you can remove them with templates but i will have to run some tests and get back to you
on that one as im not that good at doing them Wink





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8317
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Retrieving items from the Waste Bin.

Post by Guest on January 10th 2015, 8:52 pm

@APE wrote:ok you can remove them with templates but i will have to run some tests and get back to you
on that one as im not that good at doing them Wink
@Ape : Well, I'm not sure what templates or codes should be edited and removed, APE. Could you please (if not, any other staff member ask and) provide me with the stuff needed?

Meanwhile, please know I'm in the GMT+1 time zone..... I'll be off not really soon, but please consider... Thanks! Smile

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum