The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

New Chatbox

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved New Chatbox

Post by Shadow on February 4th 2015, 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

New Chatbox
Dear members

For few months, we had many problems with our current Chatbox. Many of you complained about the chatbox, that is perfectly normal! That's why, our technicians decided to rework all the chatbox!

There is no big design change, just few improvements Wink However, the code is not the same. It should solve all issues we had and you will enjoy chatting with your members

Of course, the chatbox is still is under beta tests. So, we might have some bugs with the chatbox. It would be wonderful you could report those problems so that we can improve the chatbox as much as possible Very good

In addition, we have a new command /help so that you will know all the chatbox commands Wink You just have to enter /help or click on the following button:



Then, a popup will appear with an explanation of the commands. Those commands depend on your status and permissions on the forum:



Now you can chat grrr!!!!!


Forumotion


This tutorial was written by Buttercup.
The Godfather wrote:Hello,

We currently have a technical problem of very significant scalability CPU of the servers following an optimization of the chatbox to solve problems you reported on it for awhile. And to be honest, henceforth, the Chatbox uses the same technology as the notifications of the forum rather than sending constant requests.
This theoretically allows to considerably lighten the load and increase performance. We also have the opportunity to add a Help button that displays the commands in the chatbox to those who desire to know each according to their permissions.

We are working hard to find a viable technical solution to this rising burden though our local simulation were good, however, we are talking about millions of forums and only a full-scale test could allow us to make adjustments. :rose:

We are aware of the technical problems and inconveniences this causes. Nevertheless, you can imagine that if we could have done otherwise, we would have. We have a long night of work ahead of us, the pizzas are ordered and the coffeemaker is running at full speed so don't worry.

Certainly some malfunctions persist, but we're on it. Also, know that we are really far from the stage on these kinds of suggestions (why not give us the choice between such and such ... etc.) / Currently, the goal is to get you out a stable and functional chatbox. Wink

In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track.

Wait for the green light for the new patch to be released to give us your feedback. However, at present, there's no need to post to say that you too have the same problem because we already know and that only extends this unique topic for nothing

After stabilization server load will be ok which will solve a lot of problems that you are currently experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience :rose:

Chatbox bugs

Hello dear members

Here the improvement of bugs

Add Remove the new color picker = solved
Add Posts missing = solved
Add Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message = solved
Add Chatbox empty = solved
Delete Auto-refresh = in progress
Delete Issues with archives = in progress
Delete Buttons are too white so invisible = in progress
Delete The color of the text is not the same as the color forum = in progress
Delete The color of members is black by default, so if the chatbox background is back members aren't visible = in progress
Add After logging out, the drag bar looks same = solved
Delete Sort alphabetically username = in progress
Add Some messages are missing after posting = solved
Delete Color picker not in pop-up but in JS as for the editor
Add Alignment problem of the "help" button under chrome = solved
Add The chatbox doesn't refresh when a user is just kiched = in progress
Delete Even if we are deconnected, we appear like connected= in progress

I will inform you as soon as I get news :rose:

Thanks for your help grrr!!!!!

Perms Note: when you report a new bug, please don't forget to post the url of your forum and a screenshot!! Thanks :rose:





This tutorial was written by Buttercup.


Last edited by Buttercup on September 8th 2015, 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added information)


No help without your forum url
No support via private message


avatar
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15863
Reputation : 1685
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down


Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Shadow on February 6th 2015, 12:27 pm

Hello @Black-Shadow

I have asked technicians if they changed some variables and which one... I'll let you know asap Wink Thanks :rose:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message


avatar
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15863
Reputation : 1685
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Van-Helsing on February 6th 2015, 2:32 pm

Hello @Buttercup,
Yes the variables, or others links, or any parts of codes are necessary to help the other developers to adapt their codes for new chatbox.

Thank you for your interesting :rose:

Best Regards,
Black-Shadow.
avatar
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2324
Reputation : 92
Language : English, Greek

http://helpgr.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Shadow on February 6th 2015, 2:39 pm

Hello @Black-Shadow

No problem. They are currently summarizing all variables and other changes Wink I will provide you all those information as soon as possible. Thanks for your understanding :rose:


No help without your forum url
No support via private message


avatar
Shadow
Administrator
Administrator

Female Posts : 15863
Reputation : 1685
Language : French, English

http://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by JScript on February 6th 2015, 2:41 pm

@Black-Shadow
I think this information besides not being necessary, are irrelevant!
Below is the current code in the chat box which is called chatbox8.js:
Spoiler:
Code:

var Chatbox = function(tid, params) {
    this.tid = tid;
    this.params = params;
    if (this.params == '' || this.params == undefined) {
        this.params = {
            archives: 0
        }
    }
    this.archives = this.params.archives;
    this.nolisten = !!parseInt(this.params.archives);
    this.actionsUrl = '/chatbox/actions.forum';
    this.messages = [];
    this.users = [];
    this.listenParams = {}
};
Chatbox.prototype.init = function(noget) {
    this.get();
    if (this.connected) {
        this.initListening()
    }
    this.format()
};
Chatbox.prototype.connect = function() {
    var data = this.params;
    data.method = 'connect';
    data.tid = this.tid;
    var self = this;
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'get',
        data: data,
        dataType: 'json',
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            self.connected = response.connected;
            self.listenParams = response.listenParams;
            self.refresh(response);
            self.listen()
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.disconnect = function() {
    var self = this;
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'get',
        dataType: 'json',
        data: {
            method: 'disconnect',
            tid: this.tid
        },
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            self.connected = response.connected;
            self.refresh(response)
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.initListening = function() {
    if (this.initTries >= 3) {
        this.disconnect()
    } else {
        var self = this;
        if (this.connected) {
            $.ajax({
                url: this.actionsUrl,
                type: 'get',
                dataType: 'json',
                data: {
                    method: 'initListening',
                    tid: this.tid,
                    archives: this.archives
                },
                cache: false,
                success: function(response) {
                    self.listenParams = response;
                    self.listen()
                },
                error: function() {
                    if (!self.initTries) {
                        self.initTries = 1
                    } else {
                        self.initTries++
                    }
                    self.initListening()
                }
            })
        }
    }
};
Chatbox.prototype.listen = function() {
    var self = this;
    if (this.connected && !this.nolisten) {
        if (!this.listenParams.url || !this.listenParams.lastModified) {
            this.initListening();
            return
        }
        this.listenParams.tag = Math.floor(Math.random() * 100000);
        $.ajax({
            url: this.listenParams.url,
            timeout: 35000,
            type: 'get',
            data: 'tag=' + window.escape(this.listenParams.tag) + '&time=' + window.escape(this.listenParams.lastModified),
            dataType: 'text',
            crossDomain: true,
            cache: false,
            success: function(response, txt, xhr) {
                self.listenParams.lastModified = xhr.getResponseHeader('Last-Modified');
                if (response) {
                    self.get()
                }
                self.listen()
            },
            error: function(xhr, status, error) {
                if (xhr.status == 403 || xhr.status == 404 || xhr.status == 0) {
                    self.initListening()
                } else {
                    self.disconnect()
                }
            }
        })
    }
};
Chatbox.prototype.get = function() {
    var self = this;
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'get',
        dataType: 'json',
        data: {
            method: 'get',
            tid: this.tid,
            archives: this.archives
        },
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            if (response) {
                self.refresh(response)
            }
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.refresh = function(data) {
    if (data.error) {
        $('body').html(data.error)
    } else {
        if (this.connected && !this.archives) {
            $('#chatbox_messenger_form').css('visibility', 'visible')
        } else {
            $('#chatbox_messenger_form').css('visibility', 'hidden')
        }
        if (this.connected) {
            $('#chatbox_option_co').hide();
            $('#chatbox_option_disco, #chatbox_footer').show();
            $('.format-message').each(function() {
                var name = $(this).attr('name');
                var value = my_getcookie('CB_' + name);
                $(this).prop('checked', parseInt(value) ? true : false)
            });
            this.format();
            if (data.lastModified) {
                this.listenParams.lastModified = data.lastModified
            }
        } else {
            $('#chatbox_option_co').show();
            $('#chatbox_option_disco, #chatbox_footer').hide()
        }
        if (data.users) {
            this.users = data.users;
            $('.online-users, .away-users').empty();
            $('.member-title').hide();
            for (var i in this.users) {
                var user = this.users[i];
                var username = '<span style=\'color:' + user.color + '\'>' + (user.admin ? '@ ' : '') + '<span class=\'chatbox-username chatbox-user-username\' data-user=\'' + user.id + '\' >' + user.username + '</span>' + '</span>';
                var list = user.online ? '.online-users' : '.away-users';
                $(list).append('<li>' + username + '</li>')
            }
            if (!$('.online-users').is(':empty')) {
                $('.member-title.online').show()
            }
            if (!$('.away-users').is(':empty')) {
                $('.member-title.away').show()
            }
        }
        if (data.messages) {
            var scroll = !this.messages || this.messages.length != data.messages.length;
            this.messages = data.messages;
            $('#chatbox').empty();
            if (this.messages) {
                for (var j = 0; j < this.messages.length; j++) {
                    var message = this.messages[j];
                    var html = '<p class=\'chatbox_row_' + (j % 2 == 1 ? 2 : 1) + ' clearfix\'>' + '<span class=\'date-and-time\' title=\'' + message.date + '\'>[' + message.datetime + ']</span>';
                    if (message.userId == -10) {
                        html += '<span class=\'msg\'>' + '<span style=\'color:' + message.msgColor + '\'>' + '<strong> ' + message.msg + '</strong>' + '</span>' + '</span>'
                    } else {
                        html += '<span class=\'user-msg\'>' + '<span class=\'user\' style=\'color:' + message.user.color + '\'>' + '<strong> ' + (message.user.admin ? '@ ' : '') + '<span class=\'chatbox-username chatbox-message-username\'  data-user=\'' + message.userId + '\' >' + message.username + '</span>&nbsp;:&nbsp;' + '</strong>' + '</span>' + '<span class=\'msg\'>' + message.msg + '</span>' + '</span>'
                    }
                    html += '</p>';
                    $('#chatbox').append(html)
                }
                if (scroll) {
                    $('#chatbox')[0].scrollTop = $('#chatbox').prop('scrollHeight') * 2
                }
            }
        }
    }
};
Chatbox.prototype.send = function(params) {
    var self = this;
    if (!params) {
        params = $('form[name=\'post\']').serialize()
    }
    var data = params + '&method=send&archives=' + this.archives;
    $('#message').val('').focus();
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'post',
        data: data,
        dataType: 'json',
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            self.refresh(response)
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.format = function() {
    var input = $('#message');
    input.css('font-weight', parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_bold')) ? 'bold' : 'normal');
    input.css('font-style', parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_italic')) ? 'italic' : 'normal');
    input.css('text-decoration', (parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_underline')) ? 'underline ' : '') + (parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_strike')) ? 'line-through' : ''));
    color = my_getcookie('CB_color');
    if (color) {
        input.css('color', color);
        $('#scolor').val(color);
        $('#divcolor-preview').css('background-color', color)
    } else if (this.defaultColor) {
        input.css('color', this.defaultColor);
        $('#scolor').val(this.defaultColor);
        $('#divcolor-preview').css('background-color', this.defaultColor)
    }
};
Chatbox.unban = function(user, id) {
    $('#message').val('/unban ' + user);
    window.chatbox.send();
    $('[id=\'' + id + '\']', this.banPopup).hide()
};
Chatbox.prototype.openHelpPage = function() {
    this.helpPopup = window.open('/chatbox/help.forum', 'help-chatbox', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=600,height=300,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes')
};
Chatbox.prototype.openBanlistPage = function() {
    this.banPopup = window.open('/chatbox/banlist.forum?' + new Date().getTime(), 'banlist', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=450,height=300,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes')
};
jQuery().ready(function() {
    $('.format-message').change(function() {
        var name = $(this).attr('name');
        my_setcookie('CB_' + name, $(this).is(':checked') ? 1 : 0);
        window.chatbox.format()
    });
    $('#divcolor').on('click', function(event) {
        var scrX = (event.screenX - 270);
        var scrY = (event.screenY - 270);
        window.open('/chatbox/selectcolor', 'color', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=250,height=200,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,left=' + scrX + ',top=' + scrY)
    });
    $('#divsmilies').click(function(event) {
        var scrX = (event.screenX - 270);
        var scrY = (event.screenY - 380);
        window.open('/post.forum?mode=smilies', 'chatbox_smilies', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=350,height=300,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,left=' + scrX + ',top=' + scrY)
    });
    $('form[name=\'post\']').submit(function() {
        var message = $('#message').val().trim();
        if (message != '') {
            switch (message) {
                case '/banlist':
                    window.chatbox.openBanlistPage();
                    break;
                case '/help':
                    window.chatbox.openHelpPage();
                    break;
                default:
                    window.chatbox.send();
                    break
            }
            $('#message').val('').focus()
        } else {
            $('#message').focus()
        }
        return false
    });
    $('body').on('click', '.chatbox-username', function(event) {
        $('#message').val($('#message').val() + $(this).text()).focus()
    });
    $('#chatbox_members').on('contextmenu', '.chatbox-user-username', function(event) {
        var userId = $(this).data('user');
        var user = chatbox.users[userId];
        var me = chatbox.users[chatbox.userId];
        showMenu(event, user, me);
        return false
    })
});
if (!String.prototype.trim) {
    String.prototype.trim = function() {
        return this.replace(/^\s+/g, '').replace(/\s+$/g, '')
    }
}
Turns out it is constantly changing so that reported problems are solved!
That's why our codes "addons" can not be updated now.

JS
JS
avatar
JScript
Forumember

Male Posts : 741
Reputation : 172
Language : PT-BR, EN
Location : Brazil

http://jscript.forumeiros.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Mukoro on February 6th 2015, 2:45 pm

Has the thought of beta testing it offline ever occurred to the developers of this chatbox? Y'know, instead of yolo'ing it and put it on live.
avatar
Mukoro
Forumember

Posts : 32
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Van-Helsing on February 6th 2015, 2:52 pm

JScript wrote:@Black-Shadow
I think this information besides not being necessary, are irrelevant!
Below is the current code in the chat box which is called chatbox8.js:
Spoiler:
Code:

var Chatbox = function(tid, params) {
    this.tid = tid;
    this.params = params;
    if (this.params == '' || this.params == undefined) {
        this.params = {
            archives: 0
        }
    }
    this.archives = this.params.archives;
    this.nolisten = !!parseInt(this.params.archives);
    this.actionsUrl = '/chatbox/actions.forum';
    this.messages = [];
    this.users = [];
    this.listenParams = {}
};
Chatbox.prototype.init = function(noget) {
    this.get();
    if (this.connected) {
        this.initListening()
    }
    this.format()
};
Chatbox.prototype.connect = function() {
    var data = this.params;
    data.method = 'connect';
    data.tid = this.tid;
    var self = this;
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'get',
        data: data,
        dataType: 'json',
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            self.connected = response.connected;
            self.listenParams = response.listenParams;
            self.refresh(response);
            self.listen()
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.disconnect = function() {
    var self = this;
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'get',
        dataType: 'json',
        data: {
            method: 'disconnect',
            tid: this.tid
        },
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            self.connected = response.connected;
            self.refresh(response)
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.initListening = function() {
    if (this.initTries >= 3) {
        this.disconnect()
    } else {
        var self = this;
        if (this.connected) {
            $.ajax({
                url: this.actionsUrl,
                type: 'get',
                dataType: 'json',
                data: {
                    method: 'initListening',
                    tid: this.tid,
                    archives: this.archives
                },
                cache: false,
                success: function(response) {
                    self.listenParams = response;
                    self.listen()
                },
                error: function() {
                    if (!self.initTries) {
                        self.initTries = 1
                    } else {
                        self.initTries++
                    }
                    self.initListening()
                }
            })
        }
    }
};
Chatbox.prototype.listen = function() {
    var self = this;
    if (this.connected && !this.nolisten) {
        if (!this.listenParams.url || !this.listenParams.lastModified) {
            this.initListening();
            return
        }
        this.listenParams.tag = Math.floor(Math.random() * 100000);
        $.ajax({
            url: this.listenParams.url,
            timeout: 35000,
            type: 'get',
            data: 'tag=' + window.escape(this.listenParams.tag) + '&time=' + window.escape(this.listenParams.lastModified),
            dataType: 'text',
            crossDomain: true,
            cache: false,
            success: function(response, txt, xhr) {
                self.listenParams.lastModified = xhr.getResponseHeader('Last-Modified');
                if (response) {
                    self.get()
                }
                self.listen()
            },
            error: function(xhr, status, error) {
                if (xhr.status == 403 || xhr.status == 404 || xhr.status == 0) {
                    self.initListening()
                } else {
                    self.disconnect()
                }
            }
        })
    }
};
Chatbox.prototype.get = function() {
    var self = this;
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'get',
        dataType: 'json',
        data: {
            method: 'get',
            tid: this.tid,
            archives: this.archives
        },
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            if (response) {
                self.refresh(response)
            }
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.refresh = function(data) {
    if (data.error) {
        $('body').html(data.error)
    } else {
        if (this.connected && !this.archives) {
            $('#chatbox_messenger_form').css('visibility', 'visible')
        } else {
            $('#chatbox_messenger_form').css('visibility', 'hidden')
        }
        if (this.connected) {
            $('#chatbox_option_co').hide();
            $('#chatbox_option_disco, #chatbox_footer').show();
            $('.format-message').each(function() {
                var name = $(this).attr('name');
                var value = my_getcookie('CB_' + name);
                $(this).prop('checked', parseInt(value) ? true : false)
            });
            this.format();
            if (data.lastModified) {
                this.listenParams.lastModified = data.lastModified
            }
        } else {
            $('#chatbox_option_co').show();
            $('#chatbox_option_disco, #chatbox_footer').hide()
        }
        if (data.users) {
            this.users = data.users;
            $('.online-users, .away-users').empty();
            $('.member-title').hide();
            for (var i in this.users) {
                var user = this.users[i];
                var username = '<span style=\'color:' + user.color + '\'>' + (user.admin ? '@ ' : '') + '<span class=\'chatbox-username chatbox-user-username\' data-user=\'' + user.id + '\' >' + user.username + '</span>' + '</span>';
                var list = user.online ? '.online-users' : '.away-users';
                $(list).append('<li>' + username + '</li>')
            }
            if (!$('.online-users').is(':empty')) {
                $('.member-title.online').show()
            }
            if (!$('.away-users').is(':empty')) {
                $('.member-title.away').show()
            }
        }
        if (data.messages) {
            var scroll = !this.messages || this.messages.length != data.messages.length;
            this.messages = data.messages;
            $('#chatbox').empty();
            if (this.messages) {
                for (var j = 0; j < this.messages.length; j++) {
                    var message = this.messages[j];
                    var html = '<p class=\'chatbox_row_' + (j % 2 == 1 ? 2 : 1) + ' clearfix\'>' + '<span class=\'date-and-time\' title=\'' + message.date + '\'>[' + message.datetime + ']</span>';
                    if (message.userId == -10) {
                        html += '<span class=\'msg\'>' + '<span style=\'color:' + message.msgColor + '\'>' + '<strong> ' + message.msg + '</strong>' + '</span>' + '</span>'
                    } else {
                        html += '<span class=\'user-msg\'>' + '<span class=\'user\' style=\'color:' + message.user.color + '\'>' + '<strong> ' + (message.user.admin ? '@ ' : '') + '<span class=\'chatbox-username chatbox-message-username\'  data-user=\'' + message.userId + '\' >' + message.username + '</span>&nbsp;:&nbsp;' + '</strong>' + '</span>' + '<span class=\'msg\'>' + message.msg + '</span>' + '</span>'
                    }
                    html += '</p>';
                    $('#chatbox').append(html)
                }
                if (scroll) {
                    $('#chatbox')[0].scrollTop = $('#chatbox').prop('scrollHeight') * 2
                }
            }
        }
    }
};
Chatbox.prototype.send = function(params) {
    var self = this;
    if (!params) {
        params = $('form[name=\'post\']').serialize()
    }
    var data = params + '&method=send&archives=' + this.archives;
    $('#message').val('').focus();
    $.ajax({
        url: this.actionsUrl,
        type: 'post',
        data: data,
        dataType: 'json',
        cache: false,
        success: function(response) {
            self.refresh(response)
        }
    })
};
Chatbox.prototype.format = function() {
    var input = $('#message');
    input.css('font-weight', parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_bold')) ? 'bold' : 'normal');
    input.css('font-style', parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_italic')) ? 'italic' : 'normal');
    input.css('text-decoration', (parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_underline')) ? 'underline ' : '') + (parseInt(my_getcookie('CB_strike')) ? 'line-through' : ''));
    color = my_getcookie('CB_color');
    if (color) {
        input.css('color', color);
        $('#scolor').val(color);
        $('#divcolor-preview').css('background-color', color)
    } else if (this.defaultColor) {
        input.css('color', this.defaultColor);
        $('#scolor').val(this.defaultColor);
        $('#divcolor-preview').css('background-color', this.defaultColor)
    }
};
Chatbox.unban = function(user, id) {
    $('#message').val('/unban ' + user);
    window.chatbox.send();
    $('[id=\'' + id + '\']', this.banPopup).hide()
};
Chatbox.prototype.openHelpPage = function() {
    this.helpPopup = window.open('/chatbox/help.forum', 'help-chatbox', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=600,height=300,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes')
};
Chatbox.prototype.openBanlistPage = function() {
    this.banPopup = window.open('/chatbox/banlist.forum?' + new Date().getTime(), 'banlist', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=450,height=300,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes')
};
jQuery().ready(function() {
    $('.format-message').change(function() {
        var name = $(this).attr('name');
        my_setcookie('CB_' + name, $(this).is(':checked') ? 1 : 0);
        window.chatbox.format()
    });
    $('#divcolor').on('click', function(event) {
        var scrX = (event.screenX - 270);
        var scrY = (event.screenY - 270);
        window.open('/chatbox/selectcolor', 'color', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=250,height=200,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,left=' + scrX + ',top=' + scrY)
    });
    $('#divsmilies').click(function(event) {
        var scrX = (event.screenX - 270);
        var scrY = (event.screenY - 380);
        window.open('/post.forum?mode=smilies', 'chatbox_smilies', 'toolbar=no,menubar=no,personalbar=no,width=350,height=300,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,left=' + scrX + ',top=' + scrY)
    });
    $('form[name=\'post\']').submit(function() {
        var message = $('#message').val().trim();
        if (message != '') {
            switch (message) {
                case '/banlist':
                    window.chatbox.openBanlistPage();
                    break;
                case '/help':
                    window.chatbox.openHelpPage();
                    break;
                default:
                    window.chatbox.send();
                    break
            }
            $('#message').val('').focus()
        } else {
            $('#message').focus()
        }
        return false
    });
    $('body').on('click', '.chatbox-username', function(event) {
        $('#message').val($('#message').val() + $(this).text()).focus()
    });
    $('#chatbox_members').on('contextmenu', '.chatbox-user-username', function(event) {
        var userId = $(this).data('user');
        var user = chatbox.users[userId];
        var me = chatbox.users[chatbox.userId];
        showMenu(event, user, me);
        return false
    })
});
if (!String.prototype.trim) {
    String.prototype.trim = function() {
        return this.replace(/^\s+/g, '').replace(/\s+$/g, '')
    }
}
Turns out it is constantly changing so that reported problems are solved!
That's why our codes "addons" can not be updated now.

JS
JS
@JScript
When the update will be finished is it possible to update your codes to fit on new chatbox?
avatar
Van-Helsing
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2324
Reputation : 92
Language : English, Greek

http://helpgr.forumgreek.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by JScript on February 6th 2015, 3:20 pm

@Black-Shadow

Certainly, that's what I stated in this post: http://help.forumotion.com/t138766p240-new-chatbox#940751

JS
avatar
JScript
Forumember

Male Posts : 741
Reputation : 172
Language : PT-BR, EN
Location : Brazil

http://jscript.forumeiros.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Worst Nightmare on February 6th 2015, 4:04 pm

why make a new chat box if yo need to finish fixing it and perhaps doing it offline before rolling it out?

Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Posts : 107
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by seadevil on February 6th 2015, 5:41 pm

We're still having trouble with some users' autorefreshing.

For those members, it only refreshes when they make a new post, but not when others do, or if they toggle back and forth from Archives.

It personally happens with me, too. Here at my place of business, I am on an older version of IE/Windows and I have those autorefresh issues. At home on my laptop with a newer version, its fine.
avatar
seadevil
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://whona.realtvboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by APE on February 6th 2015, 6:12 pm

The reason why this was rolled out now was to get all the bugs found faster and get them fixed faster As we have already said this is still in beta mode and if we was to have run a test with just the beta testers the bugs may not have been found that fast as there is only a set number of staff online to test this in any one time so it's better to test this and run the chat box beta mode to every one.

We hope this will be a better system then the last as it should run a lot faster and more smooth when all the bugs are fixed Wink

I think my self it works well seeing that it is a new system BUG or NOT lol


Last edited by APE on February 6th 2015, 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total



avatar
APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10815
Reputation : 1008
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by seadevil on February 6th 2015, 6:27 pm

Another issue still ongoing, which I'm not sure if its been mentioned, is that I have a member on an i-phone whose chatbox shifts/rolls backwards to his original log in point with each new post rather than stay at the most recent post.
avatar
seadevil
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://whona.realtvboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by SLGray on February 6th 2015, 6:43 pm

This topic is about the default chatbox, so please only report issues about this. If you have modified it with codes, please open a topic in the support forum section.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 40497
Reputation : 2732
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by seadevil on February 6th 2015, 7:05 pm

I don't know if that was a general announcement or what, but I have not modified a thing. These issues we are experiencing are with the "default chatbox."
avatar
seadevil
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://whona.realtvboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by SLGray on February 6th 2015, 7:12 pm

It was for everyone.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 40497
Reputation : 2732
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Ams on February 6th 2015, 10:48 pm

Can I somehow change my chatbox textarea color? I have pretty dark chat and default text color is almost white as textarea too. (: Just asking when someone was talking about it.

Ams
Forumember

Posts : 54
Reputation : 1
Language : Finnish, english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by brandon_g on February 6th 2015, 11:18 pm

seadevil wrote:We're still having trouble with some users' autorefreshing.

For those members, it only refreshes when they make a new post, but not when others do, or if they toggle back and forth from Archives.

It personally happens with me, too. Here at my place of business, I am on an older version of IE/Windows and I have those autorefresh issues. At home on my laptop with a newer version, its fine.
@seadevil The techs are currently working on fixing the Auto refresh bug. For a full list of the reported bugs and what has been fixed look at the original post. Posting aboutan already known bug may slow down the process. Just making a general statement on that part.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5991
Reputation : 549
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by seadevil on February 7th 2015, 1:03 am

I apologize.
avatar
seadevil
New Member

Posts : 14
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://whona.realtvboard.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Worst Nightmare on February 7th 2015, 1:28 am

why are their soo many more problems with the chat box?

Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Posts : 107
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Bones! on February 7th 2015, 1:36 am

Other than this killed all the CS that made it work... now I have the default CB.

And that is literally impossible to read... which is why I liked CSS because that solved my problem. But now I'm stuck with a Black CB with Black usernames...

So I had to get a new code just for a Chatbox... just so my users can be happy.

So now I have to pay a provider, to make sure this provider works...

Also, it would help for a link to the CB support thread/forum thing.

This is getting out of hand, and disabling the CB is just another mess of problems.
avatar
Bones!
Forumember

Posts : 169
Reputation : 20
Language : English, CCS, HTML
Location : Behind you

http://www.unknownlandsrp.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by brandon_g on February 7th 2015, 2:32 am

Worst Nightmare wrote:why are their soo many more problems with the chat box?
Because anything new with technology will have bugs. Period. Please have some pateince. They will be fixed. Smile
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5991
Reputation : 549
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Stella hAodha on February 7th 2015, 3:08 am

Kaseki wrote:Other than this killed all the CS that made it work... now I have the default CB.

And that is literally impossible to read... which is why I liked CSS because that solved my problem. But now I'm stuck with a Black CB with Black usernames...

So I had to get a new code just for a Chatbox... just so my users can be happy.

So now I have to pay a provider, to make sure this provider works...

Also, it would help for a link to the CB support thread/forum thing.

This is getting out of hand, and disabling the CB is just another mess of problems.

kaseki, if you need new glow and icon codes, i can gladly give them to you via skype. But for cbox sparkles, you're on your own because when i try to use the code i modified for cbox sparkles, it cancels out icons.
avatar
Stella hAodha
New Member

Female Posts : 16
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : California

http://fairytailevolutionrp.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Fierce Star on February 7th 2015, 3:27 am

Here are the codes for adding glitter, icons, and text shadow to the new chatbox:
Spoiler:
Text-shadow:
Code:
.chatbox-username[data-user="#"] {
    text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #000;
}
Glitter:
Code:
.chatbox-username[data-user="#"] {
    background: url("http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/15/95/60/34/glitte10.gif");
}
And icon after the username:
Code:
#chatbox_members .chatbox-username[data-user="#"] {
    background: url("http://illiweb.com/fa/admin/couronne.png") no-repeat;
    padding-left: 19px;
    padding-top: 2px;
}
And if you want to combine the glitter and the icon after the username, try something like this:
Code:
#chatbox_members .chatbox-username[data-user="#"]:after {
    content: "";
    width: 18px;
    height: 16px;
    background:url("http://illiweb.com/fa/admin/couronne.png") no-repeat;
    display: inline-block;
}
.chatbox-username[data-user="#"] {
    background: url("http://i45.servimg.com/u/f45/15/95/60/34/glitte10.gif");
}
just change the "#" in "data-user="#" to the ID of the user (and DON'T add the "u" from the user ID, it's strictly the numbers only)

Fierce Star
Forumember

Male Posts : 110
Reputation : 17
Language : English
Location : United States

http://inactivesite.onlyhelpwithothersnow.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by SLGray on February 7th 2015, 3:33 am

For the last time, this topic is only for reporting bugs of the new chatbox, not for modifying codes.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 40497
Reputation : 2732
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Higurashistrike on February 7th 2015, 5:29 am

Greetings,

I've had a few days to observe the chat box.
Here are some of the things I personally noticed.

-Chatbox moderators, whether they should be able to or not, have the add/remove moderation option when looking at the drop down menu from right clicking a name, including their own name. {It doesn't actually work. It simply makes the chat say "/unmod [name]}

-Not exactly sure how I would screenshot this. I seem to lag a great deal when using this chatbox. I guess it could be my computer and/or my browser. However, when the message box appears, I click 'Stop Script'. There is nothing noticeably different about the chatbox, but it runs completely fine without any lag. [this is when I have it open as ../chatbox, so I do not believe it is any other part of the site.]

Lastly, I noticed that people don't really disconnect at the time they're supposed to. I hope I'm saying this clearly. It's like nothing refreshes until someone sends a message, to where anyone that should have been disconnected is then disconnected. If the person that should be disconnected sends a message, the chatbox becomes strange, and the person is disconnected, logged back in, and then their message sends before they're logged back out once more.

The website: http://www.pokemonworldrpg.pokemonlegend.org/

Here is a reference image:

Higurashistrike
Forumember

Male Posts : 63
Reputation : 1
Language : English, Japanese, C, HTML, CSS

http://nenshiattribute.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved text is not visible when typing now

Post by azwiz on February 7th 2015, 7:04 am

Is this a result of something you guys did ? How do I make it black again so it comes out yellow ?

Did you guys do something that made my text disappear ? I have to change the color everytime i go there and so do the users ?


Last edited by azwiz on February 8th 2015, 12:59 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 444
Reputation : 6
Language : english
Location : Apache Junction , Arizona USA

http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Chatbox Issues

Post by Emrys on February 7th 2015, 9:49 pm

Hi there,

We've been having a bit of a problem with the chatbox on my forum. One of the members is getting repeatedly kicked from the chatbox, sometimes it will be a few minutes before they get kicked after they log in, sometimes it will log them straight back out again. They seem to be the only one having the problems repeatedly, though one or two other members seem to be having trouble where it logs them straight out after they log in just the once, but one member is having repeated trouble.

I've tried deactivating and reactivating the chatbox, and that didn't help. Is there anything else I can do try and fix it?

Thank you in advance Very Happy

Emrys
New Member

Posts : 4
Reputation : 2
Language : English

http://wolvesofwinter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by brandon_g on February 7th 2015, 11:28 pm

Hello,
Did they have archives on or off? Because the auto refesh is busted at the moment, you either have to refresh, use the archive button or post a message to refresh the chat, sometimes when this happens it will log you out then back in before posting the message
They are working fixing it. Smile


Last edited by brandon_g on February 9th 2015, 12:47 am; edited 2 times in total
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5991
Reputation : 549
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Worst Nightmare on February 8th 2015, 2:22 am

Is the chatbox ever going to work again? i know the technicians is working hard but will it ever be functional to work the same way without any problems?

Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Posts : 107
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Eugeo Igvalt on February 8th 2015, 2:25 am

Worst Nightmare wrote:Is the chatbox ever going to work again? i know the technicians is working hard but will it ever be functional to work the same way without any problems?
Of course it will. Just be Patient and give it time. This is Programming, everything works eventually. It will be ready when it's ready ^^
avatar
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 289
Reputation : 17
Language : EN, SPA
Location : Puerto Rico

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Worst Nightmare on February 8th 2015, 2:50 am

anyone know what these plus 1 total 1 mean?

Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Posts : 107
Reputation : 2
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum