The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Chatbox

+66
LadyFaire
Fierce Star
JenniferSPN15
Mukoro
Worst Nightmare
Neno
Mocy
Chellizard
Rhino.Freak
npoc
mangaka
The Awakened
Legendarystory
Raijin_Tsukino
Reiver
Barurot
urbansolstice
brandon_g
zactheking
Derri
Fresh OG
Malum
JScript
bean161
Ange Tuteur
Eden Alexandria
iTzLawliet
TheCrow
Agentized
levy
Notorious_Ven
Ams
Sleepyyawn
Landshark
kenaz
Bones!
Dave778899
davidl
smurfavr
Tonight
Rukiafan
Rookie06
SMOakey7
Emrys
CrystalSoul
ToughTapir
Nicole GFA
SarkZKalie
SLGray
Erika Whynter
Dracorexion
Eugeo Igvalt
LoudFist
RsS.YuGi
Masia
Atlantis
chandoi
Kuriboo
seadevil
Azula
uncanny-illustrator
dcj91x
Van-Helsing
Anzo
_Twisted_Mods_
Shadow
70 posters

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Solved New Chatbox

Post by Shadow February 4th 2015, 4:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

New Chatbox
Dear members

For few months, we had many problems with our current Chatbox. Many of you complained about the chatbox, that is perfectly normal! That's why, our technicians decided to rework all the chatbox!

There is no big design change, just few improvements Wink However, the code is not the same. It should solve all issues we had and you will enjoy chatting with your members New Chatbox - Page 10 Whistle

Of course, the chatbox is still is under beta tests. So, we might have some bugs with the chatbox. It would be wonderful you could report those problems so that we can improve the chatbox as much as possible Very good

In addition, we have a new command  /help so that you will know all the chatbox commands Wink You just have to enter /help or click on the following button:
New Chatbox - Page 10 Helpco10

Then, a popup will appear with an explanation of the commands. Those commands depend on your status and permissions on the forum:

New Chatbox - Page 10 135012

Now you can chat grrr!!!!!

Forumotion

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.
The Godfather wrote:Hello,

We currently have a technical problem of very significant scalability CPU of the servers following an optimization of the chatbox to solve problems you reported on it for awhile. And to be honest, henceforth, the Chatbox uses the same technology as the notifications of the forum rather than sending constant requests.
This theoretically allows to considerably lighten the load and increase performance. We also have the opportunity to add a Help button that displays the commands in the chatbox to those who desire to know each according to their permissions.

We are working hard to find a viable technical solution to this rising burden though our local simulation were good, however, we are talking about millions of forums and only a full-scale test could allow us to make adjustments. :rose:

We are aware of the technical problems and inconveniences this causes. Nevertheless, you can imagine that if we could have done otherwise, we would have. We have a long night of work ahead of us, the pizzas are ordered and the coffeemaker is running at full speed so don't worry. New Chatbox - Page 10 1688815589

Certainly some malfunctions persist, but we're on it. Also, know that we are really far from the stage on these kinds of suggestions (why not give us the choice between such and such ... etc.) / Currently, the goal is to get you out a stable and functional chatbox. Wink

In this sense, we need your support and that this topic remains clean without reports that set us on the wrong track.

Wait for the green light for the new patch to be released to give us your feedback. However, at present, there's no need to post to say that you too have the same problem because we already know and that only extends this unique topic for nothing

After stabilization server load will be ok which will solve a lot of problems that you are currently experiencing.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience :rose:

Chatbox bugs

Hello dear members

Here the improvement of bugs

Add Remove the new color picker = solved
Add Posts missing = solved
Add Error in function write_msg(). Can not insert message = solved
Add Chatbox empty = solved
Delete Auto-refresh = in progress
Delete Issues with archives = in progress
Delete Buttons are too white so invisible = in progress
Delete The color of the text is not the same as the color forum = in progress
Delete The color of members is black by default, so if the chatbox background is back members aren't visible = in progress
Add After logging out, the drag bar looks same = solved
Delete Sort alphabetically username = in progress
Add Some messages are missing after posting = solved
Delete Color picker not in pop-up but in JS as for the editor
Add Alignment problem of the "help" button under chrome = solved
Add The chatbox doesn't refresh when a user is just kiched = in progress
Delete Even if we are deconnected, we appear like connected= in progress

I will inform you as soon as I get news :rose:

Thanks for your help grrr!!!!!

Perms Note: when you report a new bug, please don't forget to post the url of your forum and a screenshot!! Thanks :rose:

This tutorial was written by Buttercup.

Last edited by Buttercup on September 8th 2015, 10:17 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : added information)
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Chatbox

Post by Fierce Star February 8th 2015, 2:54 am

Worst Nightmare wrote:anyone know what these plus 1 total 1 mean?
Hello @Worst Nightmare,

that's the amount of +1's the user has received, and doesn't have much of a purpose as far as I know aside from building up a user's reputation.
(In the future, I suggest you make a thread for any further questions; this thread is for reporting bugs about the new chatbox)
Fierce Star
Forumember

Male Posts : 110
Language : English

http://inactivesite.onlyhelpwithothersnow.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Worst Nightmare February 8th 2015, 2:58 am

Fierce Star wrote:
Worst Nightmare wrote:anyone know what these plus 1 total 1 mean?
Hello @Worst Nightmare,

that's the amount of +1's the user has received, and doesn't have much of a purpose as far as I know aside from building up a user's reputation.
(In the future, I suggest you make a thread for any further questions; this thread is for reporting bugs about the new chatbox)
yea i know it came to my mind that i didnt want to slip away, but anyway there are many many bugs in these chatbox right now
Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by azwiz February 8th 2015, 3:32 am

New Chatbox - Page 10 Sujet11 by Eugeo Ayano on February 7th 2015, 6:25 pmOf course it will. Just be Patient and give it time. This is Programming, everything works eventually. It will be ready when it's ready ^^

azwiz wrote:Is this a result of something you guys did ? How do I make it black again so it comes out yellow ? 

Did you guys do something that made my text disappear ?  I have to change the color everytime i go there and so do the users ?

Thank you for that I didn't realize it was a work in progress . I will not give it another thought .
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 8th 2015, 6:48 am

@Slgray, @"Ange Tuteur" I wanted to notify when a member is banned/unbanned  the action that was done does not appear in the Security logs in General, in Moderation like it used to. 

This was told to me by: @JessicaFX
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 289
Language : EN, SPA

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Higurashistrike February 8th 2015, 8:44 am

Higurashistrike wrote:Greetings,

I've had a few days to observe the chat box.
Here are some of the things I personally noticed.

-Chatbox moderators, whether they should be able to or not, have the add/remove moderation option when looking at the drop down menu from right clicking a name, including their own name. {It doesn't actually work. It simply makes the chat say "/unmod [name]}

-Not exactly sure how I would screenshot this. I seem to lag a great deal when using this chatbox. I guess it could be my computer and/or my browser. However, when the message box appears, I click 'Stop Script'. There is nothing noticeably different about the chatbox, but it runs completely fine without any lag. [this is when I have it open as ../chatbox, so I do not believe it is any other part of the site.]

Lastly, I noticed that people don't really disconnect at the time they're supposed to. I hope I'm saying this clearly. It's like nothing refreshes until someone sends a message, to where anyone that should have been disconnected is then disconnected. If the person that should be disconnected sends a message, the chatbox becomes strange, and the person is disconnected, logged back in, and then their message sends before they're logged back out once more.

The website: http://www.pokemonworldrpg.pokemonlegend.org/

Here is a reference image:
New Chatbox - Page 10 Chatbo10

After receiving the message box once again, I managed to copy the code:
Code:
Script: resource://gre/modules/addons/XPIProvider.jsm -> jar:file:///C:/Users/[my-PC-name]/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0b9p4zd1.default/extensions/jid0-TpZJ4wPImlT1zIqfw58bD9vOeWQ@jetpack.xpi!/bootstrap.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/toolkit/loader.js -> resource://gre/modules/commonjs/sdk/loader/sandbox.js -> resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/jquery-2.1.0.min.js:27

I hope that helps.

EDIT:

Actually, I believe this came from my end, probably that Skype extension. Sorry for the bother.
Higurashistrike
Forumember

Male Posts : 63
Language : English, Japanese, C, HTML, CSS

http://nenshiattribute.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Emrys February 8th 2015, 3:05 pm

brandon_g wrote:Hello,
Did they have archives on or off? Because the auto refesh is busted at the moment, you either have to refresh, use the archive button or post a message to refresh the chat, sometimes when this happens it will log you out then back in before the message
They are working fixing it. Smile

I believe they had archives off, though they said the same thing happened when they put archives on.

Thank you for the reply, I'll let them know it's being worked on. Very Happy
Emrys

http://wolvesofwinter.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 8th 2015, 4:23 pm

Eugeo Ayano wrote:@Slgray, @"Ange Tuteur" I wanted to notify when a member is banned/unbanned  the action that was done does not appear in the Security logs in General, in Moderation like it used to. 

This was told to me by: @JessicaFX
Do you mean in the chatbox or on the forum?  If you mean on the forum, please start a new topic in the support section.

To everyone, please only post about issues/bugs with the new default chatbox.  If you want to modify something, please start a topic in the support section.  This also includes codes you have already.

New Chatbox - Page 10 Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Worst Nightmare February 8th 2015, 10:52 pm

what is plus 1 total one mean again but anyway when will the glow for the chatbox work again, is phhb2 affected by the glow or just whatever
Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Eugeo Igvalt February 8th 2015, 10:56 pm

Worst Nightmare wrote:what is plus 1 total one mean again but anyway when will the glow for the chatbox work again, is phhb2 affected by the glow or just whatever
Sigh.  Plus one means reputation.  The glows are not priority right now. They will be fixed eventually. There are other issues with the chatbox that have more of a priority.

The managers have said clearly several times this thread is to report bugs. If you have questions, open up a thread with that question and other will be glad to answer your questions.
Eugeo Igvalt
Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 289
Language : EN, SPA

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g February 9th 2015, 12:49 am

Emrys wrote:
brandon_g wrote:Hello,
Did they have archives on or off? Because the auto refesh is busted at the moment, you either have to refresh, use the archive button or post a message to refresh the chat, sometimes when this happens it will log you out then back in before the message
They are working fixing it. Smile

I believe they had archives off, though they said the same thing happened when they put archives on.

Thank you for the reply, I'll let them know it's being worked on. Very Happy

Your Welcome Very Happy I am glad I could clarify this for you. Smile
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Worst Nightmare February 9th 2015, 1:01 am

Idk if there is still bugs for the auto refresh or they completely taken it out? i miss the auto refresh button. does anyone know if they will have it back or they took it away for good
Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow February 9th 2015, 1:05 am

Worst Nightmare wrote:Idk if there is still bugs for the auto refresh or they completely taken it out? i miss the auto refresh button. does anyone know if they will have it back or they took it away for good
Hey,

The auto-refresh button is still in progress ( based on the first post details ) so we can't know any more details. As soon as something is up you'll be informed! Smile

Luffy
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6898
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Worst Nightmare February 9th 2015, 1:16 am

Luffy wrote:
Worst Nightmare wrote:Idk if there is still bugs for the auto refresh or they completely taken it out? i miss the auto refresh button. does anyone know if they will have it back or they took it away for good
Hey,

The auto-refresh button is still in progress ( based on the first post details ) so we can't know any more details. As soon as something is up you'll be informed! Smile

Luffy
Oh Okay, thanks for the info and glad to know it is being worked on, wasn't sure at first but i'm relieved to know it is in the progress to work again.  Smile
Worst Nightmare
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri February 11th 2015, 3:18 pm

For those who are wondering please check here for updates: https://help.forumotion.com/t138896-1375-chatbox-issues and to report bugs.

Thanks Smile
Derri
Derri
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 8755
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10