The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Previous version of the chat box!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Previous version of the chat box!

Post by JScript on February 5th 2015, 12:10 am

Hello everybody!

Even with the new version being in trouble, if you wish to have the previous version, remove any other JavaScript code that customize the chat box and add the code below with placement "In the home page":

Code:
Code:

Code removed because it is quite obsolete!

Result:



Explanation:
My code above only adds the HTML and JavaScript from the previous version, with it usually works.

So long,

JS


Last edited by JScript on February 5th 2015, 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Code removed!)

JScript
Forumember

Male Posts : 741
Reputation : 168
Language : PT-BR, EN
Location : Brazil

http://jscript.forumeiros.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Malum on February 5th 2015, 12:27 am

Thank you for posting this!

Malum
Forumember

Female Posts : 104
Reputation : 6
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fandomtopia.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Fresh OG on February 5th 2015, 12:46 am

so that is the code to get the old chatbox instead of the new one?

Fresh OG
New Member

Posts : 24
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Luffy on February 5th 2015, 1:09 am

@Fresh OG wrote:so that is the code to get the old chatbox instead of the new one?
Yes with this code you will have the old chatbox back to your forum instead of the new one.






Luffy
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 4260
Reputation : 424
Language : Greek, English
Location : Greece

http://helpgr.forumgreek.com/forum

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Eugeo Igvalt on February 5th 2015, 1:10 am

The code works great in my forum. Thanks, Jscript. I've provided it to other forums as well.

Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 287
Reputation : 17
Language : EN, SPA
Location : Puerto Rico

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by TheMaster327 on February 5th 2015, 1:11 am

Apparently, that code doesn't seem to bring our old chatbox back. Our admin is putting it in the right place, it's just doing nothing. We had no other javascript code installed. Any advice?

TheMaster327
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://shinyhuntersunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by JScript on February 5th 2015, 1:16 am

@TheMaster327

With the tests I did and with positive affirmations above, without knowing what the board address on which you claim is not working, it is difficult to give you some advice.

@TheMaster327 wrote:Apparently, that code doesn't seem to bring our old chatbox back.
So I've seen that you don't really understand the JavaScript code, I'm sorry for that.

JS

JScript
Forumember

Male Posts : 741
Reputation : 168
Language : PT-BR, EN
Location : Brazil

http://jscript.forumeiros.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by brandon_g on February 5th 2015, 1:27 am

Thanks @Jscript for this code, I would use it but I made the decision to disable the chatbox on my forum, less explantions needed.

Thanks again Jscript!


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5362
Reputation : 489
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Malum on February 5th 2015, 2:35 am

I had one of my admins on my forum try this out, but it made it look messed up. For example the chat bar was more towards the left and the buttons below to change your color was around that area. Because of this we had to change it back to the new chat, though if there's a way to fix this so it looks like the old one that would be awesome.

Malum
Forumember

Female Posts : 104
Reputation : 6
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fandomtopia.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Agentized on February 5th 2015, 4:58 am

Hazza. wrote:I had one of my admins on my forum try this out, but it made it look messed up. For example the chat bar was more towards the left and the buttons below to change your color was around that area. Because of this we had to change it back to the new chat, though if there's a way to fix this so it looks like the old one that would be awesome.

I had this same issue when using the phpBB3 version of my forum, I had to switch my version to Invision because it looks the most normal. Not complaining, I'm just glad to have my relatively normal chatbox back! But if there's a way to fix this, that would be great. :3

Agentized
New Member

Female Posts : 3
Reputation : 1
Language : English
Location : Derpville

http://agentsoflegend.freeclanforum.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Eugeo Igvalt on February 5th 2015, 5:06 am

@Agentized wrote:
Hazza. wrote:I had one of my admins on my forum try this out, but it made it look messed up. For example the chat bar was more towards the left and the buttons below to change your color was around that area. Because of this we had to change it back to the new chat, though if there's a way to fix this so it looks like the old one that would be awesome.

I had this same issue when using the phpBB3 version of my forum, I had to switch my version to Invision because it looks the most normal. Not complaining, I'm just glad to have my relatively normal chatbox back! But if there's a way to fix this, that would be great. :3
in my phpbb3 it worked great on the first try. Still, Hopefully we will wither get the old chat by default or the bugs will be fixed.

Eugeo Igvalt
Forumember

Male Posts : 287
Reputation : 17
Language : EN, SPA
Location : Puerto Rico

http://www.NewbForums.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Previous version of the chat box!

Post by Base on February 5th 2015, 4:38 pm

Locked

Base
Forumaster

Male Posts : 10386
Reputation : 1687
Language : English and French
Location : United Kingdom, England

http://forumotionhub.net

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum