The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post

4 posters

Go down

Solved facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post

Post by Michael_vx February 5th 2015, 2:14 am

Technical Details

Forum version : phpBB2
Position : Member
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
Screenshot of problem : http://micsoft.22web.org/share.php?id=95EE_54D2C1E1
Who the problem concerns : All members
When the problem appeared : i think about 8 monthes
Forum link : http://www.ta3m-elbyoot.com

Description of problem

facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post
in other word the facebook should use the 1st image or images at least inside the topics
but its take only the forum banner also this problem its not only on this form but other forums as well so if there any way to solve it let me know
thanks for the best service

Last edited by Michael_vx on February 8th 2015, 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Michael_vx
Michael_vx
Forumember

Male Posts : 664
Language : Arabic and some English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post

Post by SLGray February 5th 2015, 2:35 am

This is not a bug.  It is how it is set up.

facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post

Post by Michael_vx February 5th 2015, 2:47 am

SLGray wrote:This is not a bug.  It is how it is set up.
and how to setup ?
blackeye
its one of the reasons why i left forumotion forums and used MyBB forum system
if there any way to fix it let me know
Edit
when the banner is removed no pic is in posts while sharing on facebook Sad
Michael_vx
Michael_vx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by amvosgine February 5th 2015, 8:19 am

When you share a post on Facebook, or when Jetpack Publicize publishes a post to your Facebook page, Facebook crawls the page and looks for Open Graph meta tags in the head to build a complete post preview (with an image, title, description, ...).
Jetpack automatically adds these meta tags for you, unless you use a different plugin to handle Open Graph tags.
amvosgine

Language : francais

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow February 5th 2015, 8:23 am

Hello,

As others said Facebook automatically chooses the image itself. It has no setup and you cannot set this anyway. The only way you could do this is for you to create a Facebook page and switch accounts each time you want to post something and there should appear a way to upload your image. Unfortunately that is the only way and not many people know how to do this. if you don't understand i will try to explain it with more details because i cannot show images. Smile

Luffy
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 6896
Language : Greek, English

https://forumote.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael_vx February 5th 2015, 8:28 am

amvosgine wrote:When you share a post on Facebook, or when Jetpack Publicize publishes a post to your Facebook page, Facebook crawls the page and looks for Open Graph meta tags in the head to build a complete post preview (with an image, title, description, ...).
Jetpack automatically adds these meta tags for you, unless you use a different plugin to handle Open Graph tags.
hmmmm blackeye
the most plugins i used works with the same way
consider that you are talking with a Stupid facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post Whistle
could you tell me a bit more because i didnt understand any of it or i still still missing something that make me can not understand
about Graph tags pale

@Luffy
i think i understand like 50% of what you have said im not good at facebook
if you dont mind
Explain with bit more
thanks
Michael_vx
Michael_vx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow February 5th 2015, 8:45 am

Alright, then i will try to explain as much as i can.
Now you created a Facebook page for your members to like it.
Ok! So now you go up to your personal settings where you go to log out and you choose your page:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 111
After that you need to press the Home button to take you to the official timeline of your page:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 210
After you do that then you will see your normal posts there with the images you don't like:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 310
Well if you post there to your status the link of the topic from your forum it will automatically open a window below that and it will have you the option to upload your own image:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 410
I'm afraid this is the only way this can be done. But still it's better than nothing! Smile

Luffy
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael_vx February 5th 2015, 8:50 am

Luffy wrote:Alright, then i will try to explain as much as i can.
Now you created a Facebook page for your members to like it.
Ok! So now you go up to your personal settings where you go to log out and you choose your page:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 111
After that you need to press the Home button to take you to the official timeline of your page:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 210
After you do that then you will see your normal posts there with the images you don't like:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 310
Well if you post there to your status the link of the topic from your forum it will automatically open a window below that and it will have you the option to upload your own image:
facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post 410
I'm afraid this is the only way this can be done. But still it's better than nothing! Smile

Luffy
so the normal share to facebook wont change the image but with this way you provide is possible is that right ?
other ways impossible did i understand ?
Michael_vx
Michael_vx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCrow February 5th 2015, 8:52 am

This is the only way you get to choose to upload an image yourself. This is 100% sure that you will upload the image you want but you must have it on your desktop. Normal shares directly will not change that no. That is the only way i know on how to upload your own image on Facebook.
TheCrow
TheCrow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael_vx February 5th 2015, 9:01 am

thanks a lot i understand all what you said Smile
im still wondered a bit if this the only way or could be there an other way the we still dont know
thanks again
Michael_vx
Michael_vx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael_vx February 8th 2015, 10:13 am

i give up
consider topic as solved
thanks a lot for the help
Michael_vx
Michael_vx
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray February 8th 2015, 4:39 pm

Topic solved and archived

facebook Problem with topics take only the banner and not the image in the post Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51453
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down