The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Creating User Profiles

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Creating User Profiles

Post by ecogoddess on March 26th 2015, 2:46 am

Hi everyone, i've owned/managed message boards in the past, so I know this feature exists. I was wondering how can I create a user in admin panel? My board is meant for planning and organizing with a specific set of users. One which when she went to register was bombarded with pop ups that set off her anti virus and wouldn't let her register. In the past I was always able to create a user profile for someone in the admin panel and then send them the info. Can I do this here? If so, I'd greatly appreciate the guidance. Thank you in advance for any help you could offer.

Last edited by ecogoddess on March 26th 2015, 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total

ecogoddess

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Creating User Profiles

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 26th 2015, 2:51 am

Hi @ecogoddess,

If that user was bombarded by popup ads, I'd recommend that they perform a virus scan on their computer for adware, because as far as I know there's no popup ads on the forum.

In answer to your question, you can create new accounts via the registration page. You don't have to provide a real e-mail, because you can later activate the account by going to Administration Panel > Users and Groups > Inactive users

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ecogoddess on March 26th 2015, 3:10 am

@Ange thank you for the suggestion! I'll do that.  I thought it was odd as well that she got them, no one else had complained about pop ups! Thank you for your time. Have a great evening!

ecogoddess

Language : english

Back to top Go down

Post by Ange Tuteur on March 26th 2015, 3:25 am

You're welcome Wink

Topic archived

Have a nice day. Smile

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Language : EN10, FR5