The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Allowing members to archive their own topics[**ONLY FOR THE SUPPORT FORUM**]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
83% 83% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 6

Allowing members to archive their own topics[**ONLY FOR THE SUPPORT FORUM**]

Post by Guest on August 17th 2015, 3:16 pm

Hello, I think members should at least have one moderating ability. To archive their own topics. It will save the staff a lot of time because sometimes, they have to archive every single topic one by one and that's a pain in the a** So that is why I made this topic.

Comment below if you think this suggestion should be Accepted or Refused

Back to top Go down

Re: Allowing members to archive their own topics[**ONLY FOR THE SUPPORT FORUM**]

Post by Ange Tuteur on August 17th 2015, 3:28 pm

If we let members moderate the support section then anyone can edit, delete, garbage, lock, move, split, and merge each others topics. It's not a good idea to do that, since moving is tied to all moderation options. Furthermore, it doesn't take that long to move topics that have already been marked solved. Considering the number of us that already moderate the section, just one of us isn't going to be moving all the topics ourselves; it's a team effort.

In short; no, it's not a good idea.

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13021
Language : EN10, FR5

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Allowing members to archive their own topics[**ONLY FOR THE SUPPORT FORUM**]

Post by Guest on August 17th 2015, 3:30 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:If we let members moderate the support section then anyone can edit, delete, garbage, lock, move, split, and merge each others topics. It's not a good idea to do that, since moving is tied to all moderation options. Furthermore, it doesn't take that long to move topics that have already been marked solved. Considering the number of us that already moderate the section, just one of us isn't going to be moving all the topics ourselves; it's a team effort.

Thanks for your opinion ange.

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on August 17th 2015, 3:41 pm

For the same reason that Ange stated, I am going to vote no as well. It would cause more trouble then it would benefits.

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5140
Language : English

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on August 17th 2015, 9:04 pm

Since archiving topic is part of the moderation tool, it is not possible to let members archive their own topics.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35661
Language : English

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by APE on August 17th 2015, 11:27 pm

@Ange Tuteur wrote:If we let members moderate the support section then anyone can edit, delete, garbage, lock, move, split, and merge each others topics. It's not a good idea to do that, since moving is tied to all moderation options. Furthermore, it doesn't take that long to move topics that have already been marked solved. Considering the number of us that already moderate the section, just one of us isn't going to be moving all the topics ourselves; it's a team effort.

@SLGray wrote:Since archiving topic is part of the moderation tool, it is not possible to let members archive their own topics.
I'm with the rest of you here we have mods for a reason we are there to deal with anything that comes up in set parts of the forum.

we also have tools to help us deal with solved posts faster.

the only thing thattakes our time up is with the items is solved but they don't mark it as solved and say so or they mark it as solved and then say its not then we have to open the post again.

But other then that the staff get to the posts fast as we can when we are in and on line.

its the first thing we all do Wink so i am really sorry but its a NO from me to.

APE

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8321
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Derri on August 18th 2015, 2:54 pm

I think to prevent an overwhelming amount of 'No' votes I'm going to just refuse this suggestion. Its not feasible to give everyone mod powers and even if we could give the ability to only move their own topic then that would still be bad because users would archive unsolved topics which would mean the official staff would have to go around checking each thread in the archives and with the rate this forum moves at it would be time consuming and difficult.

I'm therefore going to refuse this suggestion on two grounds.

1) Giving everyone mod powers is a bad idea for various reasons

2) Its not possible to give people power to move and archive their own topic and even if we could it would end up causing issues such as threads being incorrectly archived.

I thank you for suggesting this and if you have any more ideas/suggestions in the future, don't hesitate to create a thread on them. Very Happy

Forum Rules: :Forumotion Staff: :Appeal A Warning: :FAQ: :Tips & Tricks: :Forgotten Password/Login Issues
You need one post to send a PM
When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved
Never post your email in public

Derri
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 8355
Language : English & Basic French

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum