The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Credit Donation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Credit Donation

Post by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 7:59 am

Technical Details


Forum version : #phpBB3
Position : Administrator
Concerned browser(s) : Other
Who the problem concerns : Yourself
When the problem appeared : Today
Forum link :

Description of problem

I am literally just looking for step by step, easy, no crap directions on how to donate (yes, just that, literally just donate) credits to my forum so the founder can use them to buy stuff.


Last edited by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

FireBlaze
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 8:21 am

"Please note: Only the founder can purchase credits. However members can donate to the forum and their donations will automatically be turned into credits." -Straight out of "official" tutorial
http://help.forumotion.com/t1219-credits-management










If it is not possible then can the founders give permission to admins and/or members (I am an admin) to use the Spend Credits button?
I bought credits and now its looking like a total, complete waste of money.

FireBlaze
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by brandon_g on August 29th 2015, 2:06 pm

Hello,


What this means is, that you pyshically donate money to the forum/founder, who uses the money to buy credits. Hope this clears up any confusion?

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5805
Reputation : 538
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 6:05 pm

Is there a way to do this through the website? Like any magical hidden button my poor eyes are unable to see? Cause the tutorial implies that when I donate, it automatically turns into credits that the founder can use, and only use for the forum.

FireBlaze
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by Klemen on August 29th 2015, 6:08 pm

@FireBlaze wrote:Is there a way to do this through the website? Like any magical hidden button my poor eyes are unable to see? Cause the tutorial implies that when I donate, it automatically turns into credits that the founder can use, and only use for the forum.
Yes, such donations are possible through the website, but only if the admin has the donate option enabled on their forum.
avatar
Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 6:14 pm

How does an admin do that? ?I've tries going to admin. panel, misc., and then clicking on contributions, but it says only the founder has access to it.

FireBlaze
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by Klemen on August 29th 2015, 6:25 pm

@FireBlaze wrote:How does an admin do that? ?I've tries going to admin. panel, misc., and then clicking on contributions, but it says only the founder has access to it.
Well, there's your answer.

Sounds like you need to clear up some things between you and the founder, so good luck!
avatar
Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 6:27 pm

Could you provide me instructions with how the founder can pass on permission to admins then so I can actually help him out, please?

FireBlaze
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by Klemen on August 29th 2015, 6:42 pm

@FireBlaze wrote:Could you provide me instructions with how the founder can pass on permission to admins then so I can actually help him out, please?
It seems that we can't get on the same page and I think I know why.
I think you are confusing two different actions for one:
a) buying credits
b) spending credits

These two are not the same. Everyone can donate to the forum (if founder enabled that option), but only the founder himself can spend the credits.

You mentioned that you bought the credits for the forum, but would now like to access to 'spending credits'. Well, you can't do that - but your purchase wasn't useless. All credit purchases go into a pool which the founder can manage.

And since you said you bought the credits, there must be some in the pool. Just tell the founder on what to spend those credits.
avatar
Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by SLGray on August 29th 2015, 7:03 pm

Only the founder can access the credit section in the administration panel.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 39219
Reputation : 2629
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by FireBlaze on August 29th 2015, 7:35 pm

I'm pretty sure I understand how the process works, but the founder does not know how to enable donations, and I don't know either cause I all see if big red letters telling me the founder has to do it, hence making it a little difficult to donate anything. I literally just want to remove the dumb ads off the site.

FireBlaze
New Member

Posts : 6
Reputation : 1
Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by Klemen on August 29th 2015, 7:42 pm

@FireBlaze wrote:I'm pretty sure I understand how the process works, but the founder does not know how to enable donations, and I don't know either cause I all see if big red letters telling me the founder has to do it, hence making it a little difficult to donate anything. I literally just want to remove the dumb ads off the site.

The contribution (donation) option was recently disabled due to some PayPal issues, so it could be that's why the founder has trouble finding that option. Either way, admins can still purchase credits and the founder should still be perfectly able to spend those credits on removing ads.
avatar
Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by brandon_g on August 29th 2015, 8:39 pm

@Klemen wrote:
@FireBlaze wrote:I'm pretty sure I understand how the process works, but the founder does not know how to enable donations, and I don't know either cause I all see if big red letters telling me the founder has to do it, hence making it a little difficult to donate anything. I literally just want to remove the dumb ads off the site.

The contribution (donation) option was recently disabled due to some PayPal issues, so it could be that's why the founder has trouble finding that option. Either way, admins can still purchase credits and the founder should still be perfectly able to spend those credits on removing ads.


Actually forumotion did away with the contribution link at the bottom of the forum, I mean some older forums may still have the option, but all the new forums will not have the contribution link option. That was put in place through a new system not long ago, only the Founder can buy credits on the new forums, however, the founder could set up a donation button of his own and hook it up to paypal or something, so people can donate pyshical money which he/she can then use to purchase the credits.


-Brandon
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5805
Reputation : 538
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by Klemen on August 29th 2015, 8:44 pm

@brandon_g wrote:Actually forumotion did away with the contribution link at the bottom of the forum, I mean some older forums may still have the option, but all the new forums will not have the contribution link option. That was put in place through a new system not long ago, only the Founder can buy credits on the new forums, the founder could set up a donation button of his own and hook it up to paypal or something, so people can donate pyshical money which he/she can then use to purchase the credits.

Admins can still buy credits through the admin panel just like the founder though.

PS: you can copy the link of Allopass payment, post it on your forum and people can donate through that (though you won't be able to see who donated it, as the donation will always be under the person's name who copied the link).
avatar
Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by brandon_g on August 29th 2015, 8:51 pm

I am not sure about that actually, I could have sworn I read somewhere that in the new system that ONLY the founder could purchase credits. I could be wrong though. The doing away of the contribution link I am 100% sure of though.


-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.
avatar
brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5805
Reputation : 538
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Credit Donation

Post by SLGray on August 29th 2015, 9:38 pm

Topic solved and archived


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 39219
Reputation : 2629
Language : English
Location : United States

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum