The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Guest on September 1st 2015, 6:39 pm

Hi, I want to change this for my forum but idk how. Is there any CSS code or something?
Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/8bfgpv


Last edited by Ghost on September 1st 2015, 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Ange Tuteur on September 1st 2015, 6:49 pm

If by change, you mean replacing the text, then yes it's possible. Add the following rule to your stylesheet :
Display > Colors > CSS stylesheet
Code:
a.mainmenu[href="/privmsg?folder=inbox"] { font-size:0 }
a.mainmenu[href="/privmsg?folder=inbox"]:after {
  font-size:11px;
  content:"Private Messages";
}

Ange Tuteur
Forumaster

Male Posts : 13028
Reputation : 2704
Language : EN10, FR5
Location : Pennsylvania

http://fmdesign.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by SLGray on September 1st 2015, 6:49 pm

Please change the title of your topic to something that is related to your question/issue, so that other users will be able to find their question/issue using the search engine.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697
Reputation : 2445
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Guest on September 1st 2015, 7:12 pm

I want to change it to how many PM's you've gotten. Like if you have 0 then it will say: PM's (0) and then when you receive a pm it'll have a number and green color. Example: PM's(1)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Klemen on September 1st 2015, 7:18 pm

Ghost wrote:I want to change it to how many PM's you've gotten. Like if you have 0 then it will say: PM's (0) and then when you receive a pm it'll have a number and green color. Example: PM's(1)

You can do it with javascript. But using javascript on the navbar seems to affect the mobile version of your forum in a bad way, where your navbar completely dissapears. So to my knowledge, there's no way, unless you have no plans on using the mobile version.

Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Guest on September 1st 2015, 7:21 pm

@Klemen wrote:
Ghost wrote:I want to change it to how many PM's you've gotten. Like if you have 0 then it will say: PM's (0) and then when you receive a pm it'll have a number and green color. Example: PM's(1)

You can do it with javascript. But using javascript on the navbar seems to affect the mobile version of your forum in a bad way, where your navbar completely dissapears. So to my knowledge, there's no way, unless you have no plans on using the mobile version.
Lol thx Klemen, and is there a way to change these two also? With CSS? To just members and groups?
Screenshot:http://prntscr.com/8bg033

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Klemen on September 1st 2015, 7:25 pm

Ghost wrote:Lol thx Klemen, and is there a way to change these two also? With CSS? To just members and groups?
Screenshot:http://prntscr.com/8bg033

Ange's code works perfectly well on the rest of the navbar as well. All you need to do is change some words and links:

Code:

a.mainmenu[href="/memberlist"] { font-size:0 }
a.mainmenu[href="/memberlist"]:after {
  font-size:11px;
  content:"Members";
}

a.mainmenu[href="/groups"] { font-size:0 }
a.mainmenu[href="/groups"]:after {
  font-size:11px;
  content:"Groups";
}

PS: please tell me you're not keeping those glowing effects on links.

Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Guest on September 1st 2015, 7:31 pm

When I posted the code in my stylesheet it removed "Private Messages".

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/8bg55b


Last edited by Ghost on September 1st 2015, 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added screenshot)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Klemen on September 1st 2015, 7:36 pm

Ghost wrote:When I posted the code in my stylesheet it removed "Private Messages".

I think you accidentaly removed a closing bracket '}' after '"Private Messages";'

Klemen
Forumember

Male Posts : 292
Reputation : 32
Language : English, German, Slovene

http://www.bannedbrotherhood.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by Guest on September 1st 2015, 7:47 pm

@Klemen wrote:
Ghost wrote:When I posted the code in my stylesheet it removed "Private Messages".

I think you accidentaly removed a closing bracket '}' after '"Private Messages";'
It worked. Thanks @Ange Tuteur, @SLGray and @Klemen

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Is there anyway to change the private messages link?

Post by SLGray on September 1st 2015, 7:54 pm

Topic solved and archived


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 36697
Reputation : 2445
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum