The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Can Not Register

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In progress Can Not Register

Post by Kyle Gamble on October 4th 2015, 9:33 pm

Technical Details


Forum version : #phpBB2
Position : Founder
Concerned browser(s) : Mozilla Firefox
Who the problem concerns : All members
When the problem appeared : The moment i made it
Forum link : http://clanofrsdourdn.forumotion.net/

Description of problem

Alright, so we are a clan based on RuneScape. I have had a few members try to join and they say they can not do so .... so I was looking around and I happened to notice that the forum is "Locked" I have tried everything from making shur my forum isnt on vacation making shur my forum isnt under construction making shur new members are alloud to join .... and It is still locked .... would really like to get this fixed ... I cant figure it out

Kyle Gamble
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://clanofrsdourdn.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by APE on October 4th 2015, 10:05 pm

I have just made a test account in the name of support on your forum without any problems
You do however have your forum set so you send An Email to the member before they can use your site.

my account will be deleted from my end in 10 minuets time

APE





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8309
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by Kyle Gamble on October 4th 2015, 10:08 pm

@APE wrote:I have just made a test account in the name of support on your forum without any problems
You do however have your forum set so you send An Email to the member before they can use your site.

my account will be deleted from my end in 10 minuets time

APE

.... But dont you see how at the bottom of my forum it says "Forum Locked" ? and so I should remove the send an email to the member option, it was factory set to that.

Kyle Gamble
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://clanofrsdourdn.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by APE on October 4th 2015, 10:19 pm

Nope i have just made a post on your forum without any problems i do not see any other part of yout forum other then the "Your first forum"
This comes as a Default when you first make your forum other then that i can not see any other forums you have made.

if a forum says it's locked do the following step

ACP(Admin Control Panel) > General > Forum > Categories and forums > Forum Permissions Control Click on the little cog >> like this Edit go down the page to Forum status : Look to see if that says locked if it dose change the setting to Unlocked and then save.

you need to make sure all your forum are set like that

Now on the same page you will see 2 tabs click on Permissions Tab and you will see settings for who can see your forum and who can post in them you need to change the settings to what you want.





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8309
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by Kyle Gamble on October 4th 2015, 10:29 pm

@APE wrote:Nope i have just made a post on your forum without any problems i do not see any other part of yout forum other then the "Your first forum"
This comes as a Default when you first make your forum other then that i can not see any other forums you have made.

if a forum says it's locked do the following step

ACP(Admin Control Panel) > General > Forum > Categories and forums > Forum Permissions Control Click on the little cog >> like this Edit go down the page to Forum status : Look to see if that says locked if it dose change the setting to Unlocked and then save.

you need to make sure all your forum are set like that

Now on the same page you will see 2 tabs click on Permissions Tab and you will see settings for who can see your forum and who can post in them you need to change the settings to what you want.

I am looking and im at the exact spot that you told me to go and I do not see a little cog ... I will make your account a Admin and if you have a moment I would be very appreciated to see if you could figure it out.... cause my friends are having some issues registering ...

Kyle Gamble
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://clanofrsdourdn.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by brandon_g on October 4th 2015, 10:39 pm

Hello,

Are you in the 'Advanced mode' of the acp (admin panel) if not, try doing so then following Ape's steps.

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5137
Reputation : 478
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by Kyle Gamble on October 4th 2015, 10:42 pm

@brandon_g wrote:Hello,

Are you in the 'Advanced mode' of the acp (admin panel) if not, try doing so then following Ape's steps.

-Brandon
\
I am on Advanced, Thanks for your help though ... I have never had these types of problems though.

Kyle Gamble
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://clanofrsdourdn.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by brandon_g on October 5th 2015, 12:02 am

If you went to where Ape mentioned then you should see the little orange modification wheel. May you provide us a screenshot of what you see when you go to where Ape told you to go in the acp (admin panel)?

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5137
Reputation : 478
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by SLGray on October 5th 2015, 3:28 am

That image you see at the bottom is for just letting your members know which forums on your forum are locked.  That does not apply to the whole forum.


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.


SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35606
Reputation : 2372
Language : English
Location : United States

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by Kyle Gamble on October 7th 2015, 12:22 am

Well I am now getting complaints from mymembers saying they cant register it keeps comming up saying this [img][/img]

Kyle Gamble
New Member

Posts : 5
Reputation : 1
Language : English

http://clanofrsdourdn.forumotion.net/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Can Not Register

Post by APE on October 7th 2015, 12:54 am

Sorry its took so long to get back to you Yes can you please made my account admin so i can see what the problem is for you

and do you mean this part ?


if yes this means nothing your forum is not locked it is part of the tools that tell you what icons are used in the forum like we have here on the support forum





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8309
Reputation : 716
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum