The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

'Restore User' Option

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
100% 100% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 2

'Restore User' Option

Post by Guest on October 28th 2015, 11:09 pm

Hi, I think there should be an option to restore a deleted users account, if they deleted it themselves and want to come back to your forum. Users who delete there accounts will receive 2 E-Mails: One to validate there deletion if they don't want to use it and dont want to be involved in the community anymore. And two if they change there minds if they chose to return. To me I think that its a good feature to be implemented.

Back to top Go down

Re: 'Restore User' Option

Post by brandon_g on October 28th 2015, 11:33 pm

Well in a way this can be done already, a user could simply request that their account be de activated. Then if they ever wish to return, they could simply request it be re activated and continue use. If one fully removes their account though, then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to bring back without creating a new account. This is because the account is FULLY REMOVED from the database, in essence the account never existed. I don't believe it is possible, for this reason to have a feature like this.

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5140
Language : English

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on October 29th 2015, 1:29 am

@brandon_g wrote:Well in a way this can be done already, a user could simply request that their account be de activated. Then if they ever wish to return, they could simply request it be re activated and continue use. If one fully removes their account though, then it would be IMPOSSIBLE to bring back without creating a new account. This is because the account is FULLY REMOVED from the database, in essence the account never existed. I don't believe it is possible, for this reason to have a feature like this.
PHPBB could probably implement this?

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on October 29th 2015, 1:39 am

Forumotion does not use the official phpbb software. It has it own modified version, with its own database. It wouldn't matter if they did or not, forumotion is still independent and unless the delete an account system gets a full re design, which I doubt it will, I don't see this being possible to implement.

-Brandon

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5140
Language : English

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum