The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business

4 posters

Go down

In progress Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business

Post by Jim D November 24th 2015, 6:21 pm

I'm a newbie to "Forumotion". I just created a new forum and I did expect the ad banners to start appearing. The problem is the ad banner that shows up is banner buttons that want users to download "Adobe Flash Player" from an unknown web site that Norton tags as a "Threat".

Microsoft just rolled out "Windows 10" a few months ago with "Adobe Flash Player" installed as permanent feature. There's no need to download "Adobe Flash Player" anymore nor update it. I have already updated my computer to the new windows 10 and my browser is "Microsoft Edge". Edge is the new browser that is replacing "Internet Explorer". Windows 10 comes with a link to revert to Internet Explorer but since "Adobe Flash Player" comes pre installed in Windows 10, Internet Explorer still shows the Abode Download Buttons.

My problem isn't the ad banner because that was expected. My problem is the "Adobe Flash Player Download Buttons" appearing as the ad banner and I surely would like them to be removed and replaced with an ad banner for businesses.

I tested the ad banner buttons and my Norton security tagged the site the "Adobe Flash Player" download as a threat so there must be some script in the download that's bogus. It would be really great if these download buttons in the top ad banner spot could be changed to the regular business advertisement banners.

Thanks!

Forumotion Forum: Donald Trump White House
Jim D
Jim D

Language : English

http://seadogsbeach@live.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business

Post by brandon_g November 24th 2015, 6:28 pm

Hello,

If you would like to remove the ads, you will need to purchase credits.

As for Norton flagging it as a threat, try adding your site link to your safe list. If that doesn't work, we can submit a report to the pro admins if you would like, so maybe they can call Norton to make sure Forumotion is not any lists of theirs. I can assure you all of forumotion's sites and ads are perfectly safe. Wink

-Brandon

Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Brando10
Remember to mark your topic Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Solved15 when a solution is found.
General Rules | Tips & Tricks | FAQ | Forgot Founder Password?

Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Scre1476
Team Leader
Review Section Rules | Request A Review | Sticker Points
brandon_g
brandon_g
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10106

https://www.broadcastingduo.com

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business

Post by SLGray November 24th 2015, 7:39 pm

Since the ads are a third-party, Forumotion can not really control the ads.  They can report ads if they are causing issues.  If your anti-virus program is going off when you are on your forum, it could be the ads causing the alert.

It would help if you could get a screenshot of the ad causing the issue.  Also the link of the ad.

Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape November 24th 2015, 11:45 pm

Hello..

We do not have any power over the Ad's we can report them to Google if they have a problem but as this is not a problem with the ad's it's self there is not a lot we can do about it Other then ask Norton security to stop flagging your site.

As for the ad your talking about this is not anything to worry about you Do not need to click it if you have windows 10... Not everyone has windows 8 or 10 so this will need to be updated ..The ad's are random and will be changed on rotation by Google.com the Ad's are not linked to your computer it's just an ad and Nothing you need to worry about.

Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Left1212Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Center11Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Right112
Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Ape_b110
Free Forum Host Ad Banner Needs To Be Changed From Adobe Download To Business Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19084
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down