The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

How to change admin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved How to change admin

Post by rynke on January 17th 2016, 7:09 pm

How can I stop as a admin and still continue as a member in a forum I've started whiteout deleting me.
We cannot delete me as a admin, can anyone help.

rynke
New Member

Posts : 1
Reputation : 1
Language : Danish

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by brandon_g on January 17th 2016, 7:13 pm

Hello,

You will need to create a new account as a regular member. The new owner/founder will have to take over your old/current account as the founder account can not be removed from adminship or from the forum. The only solution is for you to create a new seperate account and post from that. Sad

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5357
Reputation : 489
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by catgirl on January 17th 2016, 7:50 pm

@brandon_g
You could do that but i figured that you could just go to members and groups, click on your name, which should lead you to your profile on the ACP and then go down when it will show that the rank you have is an admin, you could click that and choose the rank you prefer to be so if you other ranks that are for normal members than you can click on that so you won't be admin anymore and maybe give that job to someone else.

catgirl
Forumember

Female Posts : 207
Reputation : 17
Language : English
Location : Unknown

http://winxforevermagic.crazy4us.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by brandon_g on January 17th 2016, 8:08 pm

You could change your RANK, yes, however, the Founder account will still ALWAYS have admin priviledges. You would still have access to the admin panel and have full moderative permissions in all sections, etc.

-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5357
Reputation : 489
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by catgirl on January 17th 2016, 8:14 pm

Oh, okay thats true. I do not know how to change that but you could just not go on there and try to forget that it's there i guess. That is all i can think of. So, yeah you make a good point. You could just delete the account you got now and then make a new one. Or give your old account to someone that could run the forum.

catgirl
Forumember

Female Posts : 207
Reputation : 17
Language : English
Location : Unknown

http://winxforevermagic.crazy4us.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by brandon_g on January 17th 2016, 8:54 pm

You can't delete the Founder account, as long as the forum exists the Founder account must also. You can't nessecarily just forget the founder account either, as it contains some areas in the admin panel that ONLY the founder can see, such as the templates, forum deletion, credits management, etc. The Founder was designed to be the (for lack of a better word) 'king' account, it can see and access anything and everything on the forum, it can only be modified by the founder itself, etc. It is a VERY important account, thee single most important account on the forum, therefore there are tons of unique security precautions that can not be change or modified. The Founder account can not, be removed from power, remove from the forum, etc . If the original founder leaves or wishes to leave his/her's position, they will need to hand off the founder account to whoever is taking over the position, and, if he/she wishes to continue being a member on the forum, they will create a seperate account on the forum and use that. There is no way around this and no way to change this.

The simple explaination to this is: The founder account (/u1) on any forum, can be passed on to another person if the original founder decides to leave, however, it can not be removed from power or deleted from the forum, period.


Hope this helps clear up things in regards to the founder account,
-Brandon


Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5357
Reputation : 489
Language : English
Location : USA

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by catgirl on January 17th 2016, 9:00 pm

Okay, i guess you made a good point on that one. I guess they could just hand over the account to the person that will take charge of the forum from now on.

catgirl
Forumember

Female Posts : 207
Reputation : 17
Language : English
Location : Unknown

http://winxforevermagic.crazy4us.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by APE on January 17th 2016, 9:24 pm

How i handed a founder account was do the following

Step 1
if you have a co admin change there Email address to yours
Then Add there Email address to the founders account and Save
Then Change the 2 passwords on the founders account and the Co admins account

Now Email the new founder and tell them the new Password to the Founders account.

Now the new founder can log in and change the password to something they want in the ACP Now the old founder logs in to the Co admin account and Changes there password.

Step 2
Now the old founder will have to log in to the founders Forum Utilities and Add the new founders Email address in the tools and then change the password Now in the ACP the old founder is to post the new password on the Notepad in the ACP for the new founder.

New Founder is then to log in using the He's / her Email address and the new password Saved on the ACP note pad.

Now the new founder has to change the password to the same as the forum Password and Save.

Now the old founder has no use of the tools on the founders account.
and only has Co admin Rights
If they then want to become just a member they just change there own rank
and then leave the Admin group Wink

All Done Wink





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8636
Reputation : 756
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by azwiz on January 17th 2016, 11:06 pm

@APE wrote:How i handed a founder account was do the following

Step 1
if you have a co admin change there Email address to yours
Then Add there Email address to the founders account and Save
Then Change the 2 passwords on the founders account and the Co admins account

Now Email the new founder and tell them the new Password to the Founders account.

Now the new founder can log in and change the password to something they want in the ACP Now the old founder logs in to the Co admin account and Changes there password.

Step 2
Now the old founder will have to log in to the founders Forum Utilities and Add the new founders Email address in the tools and then change the password Now in the ACP the old founder is to post the new password on the Notepad in the ACP for the new founder.

New Founder is then to log in using the He's / her Email address and the new password Saved on the ACP note pad.

Now the new founder has to change the password to the same as the forum Password and Save.

Now the old founder has no use of the tools on the founders account.
and only has Co admin Rights
If they then want to become just a member they just change there own rank
and then leave the Admin group Wink

All Done Wink

Having gone through that myself . The process took a couple of months Lol . Your simplified version sounds even harder than what I did . Lol .

azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 409
Reputation : 6
Language : english
Location : Apache Junction , Arizona USA

http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by APE on January 17th 2016, 11:18 pm

No its really easy can all be done in 15 minuets maximum





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8636
Reputation : 756
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by azwiz on January 17th 2016, 11:51 pm

@APE wrote:No its really easy can all be done in 15 minuets maximum

Oh I am sure you can . I don't have it like that . Nothing is simple for me . That's all I was saying .

azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 409
Reputation : 6
Language : english
Location : Apache Junction , Arizona USA

http://valleyofthesun.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: How to change admin

Post by APE on January 18th 2016, 5:40 pm

@azwiz wrote:
@APE wrote:No its really easy can all be done in 15 minuets  maximum

 Oh I am sure you can . I don't have it like that . Nothing is simple for me . That's all I was saying .
LOL @azwiz

Topic solved and archived   





APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8636
Reputation : 756
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum