The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic?

3 posters

Go down

Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic? Empty Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic?

Post by Kratos 27/1/2016, 03:00

I want to discuss about this before bombarding the staff about making a new topic bout this(jk). So basically this Rate Your Review topic helped other users & staff with feedback on doing reviews and getting good at it and stuff. And apparently its in The Garbage. Do you want it out of the garbage or not?
Kratos
Kratos
Forumember

Male Posts : 328
Language : English

http://theoriginals.4umotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic? Empty Re: Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic?

Post by Take Notes 27/1/2016, 05:11

It can go both ways. It can help and it can do the opposite. Members have bias. Whenever someone receives a lower score of a review then they had anticipated, they will more likely give a negative review of the reviewer due to them not agreeing with the reviewer. Reviews given by the staff or members ARE opinions of the person giving the review. Writing a review because you disagree with a reviewer is not very helpful because you are stating your opinions, not necessarily the review technique.

Example:
I get a 4/10 average score on my review. The reviewer said that my forum is too bright and that it looks not very appealing. I don't agree with that and I believe that it is the opposite, so, I write a review explaining MY opinions of why I am correct and how the reviewer could improve by not using their own opinions but using my opinions; hope that makes sense.

As far as I know, the Review Team helps new Reviewers improve by giving them tips and locating the weaknesses of the Reviewer. Reviewers, in my opinion, have less bias and are more likely to focus on more of the review technique aspect than their opinions on specific things, thus, making it more helpful for the Review team to help each other out and work as a team than having members give their opinions. Also, members already due this by commenting below the reviewer (usually) as far as I have seen.
Take Notes
Take Notes
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 2337

Back to top Go down

Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic? Empty Re: Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic?

Post by Kratos 30/1/2016, 04:23

Bump
Kratos
Kratos
Forumember

Male Posts : 328

http://theoriginals.4umotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Beyonder 3/2/2016, 17:34

Seems like a suggestion more than a general talk. Would you like to have a "Rate a Review" topic? 1f60f
Beyonder
Beyonder
Forumember

Male Posts : 721

http://fictionalomniverse.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down