The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Competing With Facebook

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Competing With Facebook

Post by Bloodhound1958 on January 31st 2016, 4:24 am

Not sure if this is the right section for this BUT I took a poll with our members to try and identify some of the things we can do to be able to compete with facebook. Not sure about anyone else but our membership has dropped off significantly no thanks to FB. The one thing everyone recommended was addressing the complexity of uploading and posting pictures. Newbies aren't looking for a tutorial on uploading and inserting img codes. They want a simple camera picture that does it all.

Is it possible to do the same on our forums? I'm using phpBB2. Perhaps a different version would help? May seem trite but this is a "Big Deal" as some folks just can't do it and lose interest as a result. Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated.

www.christinecarclubforum.com

Bloodhound1958
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Re: Competing With Facebook

Post by SLGray on January 31st 2016, 4:44 am

I really do not understand what you are wanting. Could you explain in detail what you mean by camera?

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 35641

http://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodhound1958 on January 31st 2016, 5:14 am

I'm thinking of something similiar to how one posts pictures on facebook. A Camera image as opposed to an UPLOAD and INSERT option. Looking for a one click does all function, other than where one chooses the actual picture to upload and post. If we could simplify this so that it just "happens" this would be a tremendous gain. Just looking for anything to stay competitive with facebook.

Bloodhound1958
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket2300 on January 31st 2016, 8:02 am

I know exactly what you mean Bloodhound1958, one of the biggest problems on my forum
for members is the difficulty of uploading picture, despite me having put a step by step guide
with pictures on the forum. Some folks are not very computer literate and just don't get it at
all, so having a more simple system like FB would help massively. thumright

rocket2300
Forumember

Male Posts : 214
Language : english

http://www.suzuki-intruder.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Genesis on January 31st 2016, 4:23 pm

So you want a button on the editor when pressed to go to the device's camera? Or access to the saved photos on the computer?

Genesis
Forum Reviewer
Forum Reviewer

Male Posts : 2331

http://forumpromocean.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodhound1958 on January 31st 2016, 5:25 pm

If the camera icon could go to the devices saved pictures first that would be a start. Once the user selects the saved picture or pictures then I'd like to see it automatically upload the picture(s) and post them into the text body of their message to be posted.

Bloodhound1958
Forumember

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum