The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

Image resizing problems.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved Image resizing problems.

Post by InTheNameOfEcchi on July 21st 2016, 11:26 pm

Hello, I'm having a problem with posting images in my forum.

When I host, or link an image that's (1500x888) pixels, without re-sizing the image myself, the image becomes too big for the post, and cuts off a big portion of the right side.

The only workaround I could find is chopping the pixels in half, which only works when you specify the pixel parameters when you link the image, hosting only gives you limited options (320x, 640x, 800x, and 1024x) width, the reason hosting does not appeal to me, is because when I post an image, and for example, I choose 800x width, the image gets displayed properly, but when I click the image, it brings me to the page that it was uploaded to, but the only option to view the image, is to view the image at it's current aspect ratio, instead of it being the original amount of pixels it was before uploading, it is the amount of pixels it was chose to be so that it may appear on the forums.

When you host an image, is there a way to directly view the image the way it was before you uploaded it, or is the only way, to link the image, divide the pixels by 2, then click the link? The only way I can find out how to post an image without reducing the actual amount is to use math, which not everyone on my forum is going to be good at, so which is why I'm asking, is there an easier way to directly view the original image, and also, to post the image at it's original size by just linking directly to the source that it came from, without dividing the pixels?

I hope this question is easier to understand than it felt like, when I was typing it.

Last edited by InTheNameOfEcchi on July 22nd 2016, 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total

InTheNameOfEcchi

Language : English

http://teamecchi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Image resizing problems.

Post by APE on July 22nd 2016, 12:16 am

ok in your ACP we have a setting that when you post a pic or item that is to big you can make it smaller. then when you click the item it will become bigger or the size you make it

To do this find the following settings in your ACP

ACP General Tab Messages and e-mails Configuration Scroll down to Images resize: and change the size to something like i have 300 x 300 then anything bigger then 300px it will add a setting to view full size to fit to page Smile

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 8333
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by InTheNameOfEcchi on July 22nd 2016, 1:48 am

Thank you so much!

I just spent an hour listing several different rules regarding the size of images, and how you must cut the size of the image in half if it's too big, this changes everything!

Thank you for being so helpful, I did have another question, but while I was posting, I forgot what it was, then I remembered it while I was writing the rules, then when I came back to ask it, I forgot it again, so if I remember what it was, or if it was even a problem, I'll post another topic, again, thank you very much for your help!

This topic is solved, and ready to be closed.

InTheNameOfEcchi

http://teamecchi.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon_g on July 22nd 2016, 3:13 am

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

Remember to mark your topic when a solution is found.

brandon_g
Support Moderator
Support Moderator

Male Posts : 5143

http://broadcastingduo.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum