The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be able to increase number of custom email adresses

+3
hamidou5765
BlackScorpion
invisible_fa
7 posters

Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Left11100%Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Right11 100% 
[ 13 ]
Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Left110%Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Right11 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Empty Be able to increase number of custom email adresses

Post by invisible_fa July 26th 2016, 12:32 am

Hello!

Nowadays, if we add a custom domain name to our forum (.com, .net etc) is it possible to create 10 email adresses for our Staff or some special contributors in our community etc.

It's OK but I think it would be nice that for example if we want to increase the number of email adress once we have bought the domain name, we could do it by paying a few more credits (let's say 5 more email adresses for each 400 credits)

So, in summary, let's imagine the case:

You buy 1.600 credits = you get the domain name + 10 email adresses (default as nowadays)
You buy 1.600 credits for the domain name, and once you get it, then you buy other 400 credits = you get the domain name + 15 email adresses

You get it? It would be like another feature in wich we would be able to spend the credits on.

Maybe it's a good thing when you make a contest in your forum for example, you can give one custom email adress to the winner as a prize, and only 10 email adresses can be insuficient, assuming for example that you give one email adress to each Staff member, or that you could need to create another email adress as the oficial one for requesting info etc...

Well, that's all, sorry for this long message but I like to explain things clearly. If you have some doubts, don't hesitate asking me Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Male Posts : 960
Language : Klingon
Location : Does it matter? I'm Invisible, you will not see me anyway

Back to top Go down

Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Empty Re: Be able to increase number of custom email adresses

Post by invisible_fa August 7th 2016, 12:19 am

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Empty Re: Be able to increase number of custom email adresses

Post by invisible_fa August 13th 2016, 11:22 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa August 22nd 2016, 11:07 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by BlackScorpion August 23rd 2016, 3:04 am

I think that's a fair suggestion. Voted yes.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7009
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa August 26th 2016, 11:53 pm

Thanks @BlackScorpion! Wink

Bumping my suggestion one more time!

I would like to know the point of view of the rest of the forum c'mon, let's share opinions! Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 2nd 2016, 11:22 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 8th 2016, 1:54 am

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by hamidou5765 September 8th 2016, 11:10 am

Voted yes
hamidou5765
Forumember

Language : french

http://café-hyip.yoo7.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 15th 2016, 7:07 pm

BUMP Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Legionheart September 15th 2016, 7:14 pm

In my personal opinion its not really needed as you can use the redirection emails as well. But, since it would be nice, voted, yes.

Last edited by Legionheart on September 21st 2016, 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Legionheart
Legionheart
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 721

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 20th 2016, 6:35 pm

Hey @Legionheart thanks for comment and voting Wink

But I don't get what do you mean.

I don't get what's the relationship between redirections and what I am suggesting.

Can you re-explain it please? Thanks!
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Legionheart September 21st 2016, 4:49 am

What I mean is when you pay credits to have your own domain, you get something in Misc tab called "Mailbox Administration" It normally give you up to 10 emails that you can personalize. But under it you can also create 10 redirection emails. Redirection emails are when you can put for instance "legionheart@help.com" or something like that and then you can put in multiple personal email address' of other users including yourself. Then, whenever a user emails that address it will redirect to all the personal emails provided. Hence the name "Redirection."
Legionheart
Legionheart
Helper
Helper

Male Posts : 721

https://help.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 22nd 2016, 5:59 pm

Hmmm!! Sounds really interesting! I really didn't know about that, cause I don't own any forum, thanks @Legionheart ! Wink

But, however, this would be nice for example if we have a global email adress, I mean, a place where users can send questions, request info etc etc...this would be perfect because all the Staff would receive the emails.

But, I was thinking in individual email adresses, where each person that has a custom email adress could manage his message separatedly, not a common email adress for all the Staff.

It could be used like a "present" for some users: I mean: you win a contest, then you get a custom email adress to use it as you like.

Last edited by invisible_fa on September 23rd 2016, 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Row September 23rd 2016, 6:44 am

Good suggestion! To voted Wink
Row
Row

Male Posts : 24
Language : English and French

http://coqfr.forumactif.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 27th 2016, 5:19 pm

BUMP Wink

Thanks for the support!
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Ape September 27th 2016, 5:43 pm

I vote yes but i think we are stuck at 10 Email addresses by godaddy.
As godaddy is our host that gives us special Domain names that are placed on our servers i think we have a limit of the number of Emails we are aloud to use.

I think Adding more would be a good thing and it would make more money for FM but I think it would cost us more to host our self.

If no one buys the Email addresses then we would be making a loss and all around the world now forums and there hosts are closing down for the lack of money and we don't want FM to go that way.

but if it could be done then my Vote is a Yes as long as it don't end up costing FM more money and making a loss.

Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Left1212Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Center11Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Right112
Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Ape_b110
Be able to increase number of custom email adresses Ape1010
Ape
Ape
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 19075
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa September 28th 2016, 3:55 pm

we are stuck at 10 Email addresses by godaddy.

Thanks for your vote, yes @APE I know it, but maybe Forumotion could talk to them and get a new agreement for more email adresses or something. I think this would be a nice feature in wich people would be really interested in.

Of course I am not talking at all about increasing the number for free, because this would give any benefit really. Is just: you want it? You pay it Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa November 2nd 2016, 2:42 am

Bump!
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen- November 2nd 2016, 3:26 am

This is a good suggestion especially if your forum is an organization. Voted yes! Smile
Stephen-
Stephen-
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2542
Language :

Back to top Go down

Post by invisible_fa January 30th 2017, 6:50 pm

Bumping Wink
invisible_fa
invisible_fa
Forumember

Back to top Go down