The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Web design vs graphics design

3 posters

Go down

Web design vs graphics design  Empty Re: Web design vs graphics design

Post by BlackScorpion October 15th 2016, 04:23

Either one will work, depends on what you need it for. Web design is good for learning html ,css and so on. Good for web sites, forums and etc. Graphic design is good if you want to create graphics for websites and forums , both come in handy, It all comes down to what YOU want to learn and do with it.
BlackScorpion
BlackScorpion
Graphic Designer
Graphic Designer

Male Posts : 7009
Language : English

https://help.forumotion.com/f6-graphic-design-section

Back to top Go down

Post by YoshiGM October 15th 2016, 21:33

I think it would be good graphic design, because apart from being able to apply here in the forums, you can work doing photomontages or other designs and get some money!

Web design is a supplement that a good webmaster must to have a professional forum. There are millions of tutorials on codes and if you want to start, you can do the basics of HTML, CSS and then if you want more advanced, lear jQuery that is easier than Javascript (I say this from experience)
YoshiGM
YoshiGM
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1488
Language : Spanish & English

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u21373

Back to top Go down

Post by levy October 23rd 2016, 14:17

So, I'm working as both, a web designer and a graphic designer, now it's up to your preferences, here are some tips that I can give it to you.

As a web designer, you will smack your head to table, because it's a pain to work on a website, and get errors. It's a pain to brainstorm a lot. You will stay wake up hours and hours to finish websites. You will work with HTML, CSS, JS, jQuery. Now, they will learn you web development too, so you will work with mySQL and php and a lot of other Web Languages.

As a graphic designer, you will work with Illustrator and Photoshop, you don't need anything more. It is true that you will make some brainstorm, put on paper some designs. What you will do? Well, most probably, if you want to work as an independent designer, you will do logos, mock-ups, website designs ( in photoshop, not actually code), flyers and a lot of stuff like this. There is a small chance that you will learn some video editing, but I dont think so. Also, you will work with manipulation, photo edits, you can work as a Photograph after you finish your course.

This is just my point of view, I suggest you to go for graphic designer, it's easier, it's amazing, it allow you to be a creative person ( WD allow you to do that too, but most websites are flat, so same thing again and again ). I'm working as a part time graphic designer and it's amazing. Even if I can do Web Design, I choose to don't work with it. It's stressful.
levy
levy
Hyperactive

Male Posts : 2632
Language : English, Romanian

https://portofolio.goodforum.net/

Back to top Go down