The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

message from FM

3 posters

Go down

message from FM Empty message from FM

Post by Flappypaddles October 26th 2016, 9:46 am

after yesterdays downtime I got into the admin panel of my forum and this message was waiting

Dear "inaflap.forumotion.co.uk" forum administrator(s), it appears that your forum doesn't respect our Terms of service. Our service is free, so we are urged to only display legal content on the forums.

Element(s) detected on this forum : Violent content/degrading or hateful

You have until the 02-11-2016 to be in conformity. After this delay, we will have to delete your forum if it still isn't in conformity. This warning will only disappear after the end of the countdown.

I am not at all sure what content it is referring to so it is rather hard to remove anything amongst the 350000 plus posts.
I am more than happy to comply but would need a clue as where to start.

Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Language : english

http://inaflap.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

message from FM Empty Re: message from FM

Post by Shadow October 26th 2016, 11:04 am

Hello,

It has nothing to do with the "downtime". Most of the time when you got a warning like this it is linked to a litigation, check your litigations in your AP to see if you find any?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 16217
Language : French, English

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles October 26th 2016, 11:11 am

Leviosa wrote:Hello,

It has nothing to do with the "downtime". Most of the time when you got a warning like this it is linked to a litigation, check your litigations in your AP to see if you find any?
yes I had a look and there are several from an ex member who has been trying to get the forum shut down ever since she was banned for trying to create trouble in the forum.
I have dealt with those issues and replied to the litigations.
However I am a bit concerned that there was no actual notification of the litigations and it was only by luck that I went into the admin panel today on a totally unrelated issue.
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 26th 2016, 11:20 am

If our team gave you this warning it means they believe there were something inappropriate in your forum. Now, if you have responded and edited or removed the post that was causing problem then they should remove the warning when they will examine your forum again.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles October 26th 2016, 11:24 am

Leviosa wrote:If our team gave you this warning it means they believe there were something inappropriate in your forum. Now, if you have responded and edited or removed the post that was causing problem then they should remove the warning when they will examine your forum again.
yes I have done that, however there was no notification that I had received a litigation in eh first place. I only found them by chance and presumably had I not had cause to go into the admin panel today I may not have found them at all.
surely when they arrive an email should be sent, especially if it means the forum may be shut down.

The real issue here is a disgruntled ex poster trying to stir up trouble once again.
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles October 26th 2016, 11:27 am

ChanelW wrote:Hello,

So you have replied to other issues regards to the litigation team, however, today you have received a new notification saying that there is some sort of "Violent Content" therefore you will need to remove this by the date provided otherwise your forum will be discarded/deleted.

Thanks,
ChanelW
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry @Leviosa, You replied as I replied and we stated the same thing Very Happy

Apologies,
ChanelW Smile
I dont know what violent content you are referring to.
The only content that could be regarded as violent is what is reported in newspapers and discussed on the forum.

there are 350000+ posts and nearly 30000 topics how am I supposed to find what is being referred to amongst than
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles October 26th 2016, 11:40 am

ChanelW wrote:Hello,

I am only referring to what is provided in the message what you posted when you created this topic. Has this message just appeared today if so it will be one of your latest posts on the forum. Just viewing a particular topic I can see a lot of swearing so just try your best to look. In the meantime I will look for some suggestions Smile

Thanks,
ChanelW
since when is swearing considered hateful content. the forum is for over 18's.

I would appreciate some help in finding what is the problem.
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 26th 2016, 11:43 am

@Flappyoaddles, please don't double post. It is your mission as the administrator to know what kind of content is published on your forum and to have a minimum of control upon it. Now, I believe I have answered all your questions ? It is just a matter of time, if you did remove the content as you said then the warning should disappear during the week. Can we archive this topic or do you have more questions ?
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down

Post by Flappypaddles October 26th 2016, 11:54 am

Leviosa wrote:@Flappyoaddles, please don't double post. It is your mission as the administrator to know what kind of content is published on your forum and to have a minimum of control upon it. Now, I believe I have answered all your questions ? It is just a matter of time, if you did remove the content as you said then the warning should disappear during the week. Can we archive this topic or do you have more questions ?
the point is that I cannot see any hateful or violent content. your message on my admin panel is not specific and I received no notification that it was there in the first place.

My site is for adults to discuss adult topics in a robust and forthright manner.
It is no different from about 90% of your sites.
People swear, they do not like some things. they are not cowering in some safe space scared of their own shadows. some people would be offended at their own shadows. If you are going to shut down a forum then perhaps it would be good if you could actually point to what is causing the closure.
this site has been going for nearly 5 years now, in that time nearly all the trouble has come from a couple of people who have had an axe to grind because they were banned for being disruptive and hateful themselves.
Now if someone can point to the offending post or thread then I am happy to remove it.

I have to post my queries here as there is no way to take it up with the litigation team directly
Flappypaddles
Flappypaddles
Forumember

Back to top Go down

Post by Spiral October 26th 2016, 12:01 pm

My forum wasn't working yesterday, was it for the same reason as Flappypaddles ?

If so where is my notification ?

Sorry but this seems to be the nearest thread to what happen to my forum, being a "conspiracy" site I thought it might be the same things ?

Are we being politically censored ?
Spiral
Spiral

Language : English

http://conspiracycafe.forumactif.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadow October 26th 2016, 12:02 pm

My site is for adults to discuss adult topics in a robust and forthright manner.

Knowing that, you should expect abuse complaints and litigations. There's a link in the litigation, there's a description and a sreenshot...what do you need ? A map ? A drawing ? If the team, which receives the exact same litigation as you, is able to find what's wrong in a post then you should too.
Shadow
Shadow
Manager
Manager

Back to top Go down