The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why does " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ?

2 posters

Go down

In progress Why does " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ?

Post by azwiz November 30th 2016, 4:03 am

I tested the contact message . I entered . " Where does this go ? ". The first response was from a moderator . So I think I found it in my AP in emails and messages . It was set to administrators and moderators . So I changed it to administrators . But before I did that i am now getting messages from random members saying . " it comes to my PM " . How does this happen ? How could the contact message go to regular members PM's ? Well I'm not sure about every . But 2 regular members so far have responded .
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Why does " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ?

Post by azwiz December 1st 2016, 1:30 pm

Why does   " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ? Jods910Why does   " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ? Not_so10

not replied to not solved
 need answers please .
 Please

SLGray wrote:Were these 2 members former staff or in a group that can moderate a section of your forum?

If it was set to administrators and moderator, members who are in groups that have moderation privileges will receive the contact PM.

No . It turns out that when I did the first test . Many members got the message . The moderators were included . I got responses from over a dozen just regular members . So likely there were more .

I then changed the settings to administrators only . Sent another test message . No one else seemed to receive it . I suppose I could change it back to admin & mods . Send another test message to see if it repeat6s the first results . But I really don't want to bother them . Since it would require a reply . To know if the settings were correct or not . Obviously you haven't heard of this happening before . I have it set for admin . Which is where I want it . That setting works . So I guess we will never know . Unless you have another suggestion ?

Wait . What does this mean ?

SLGray wrote: members who are in groups that have moderation privileges will receive the contact PM.

The only group that I received responses from is the group " CURRENT CC MEMBERS " which is a group of 41 . And all but 1 one the 4 moderators are in that group .
 Does that mean that all 41 of them received it ?

Okay . Check this out . I just got this message . After I posted in another forum about the test message . Apologizing to those that were confused .

azdewars wrote:

I did not receive it Paul.

john - azdewars

He is one of the 3 moderators that should have received it . ? !!

Last edited by azwiz on December 2nd 2016, 4:34 am; edited 5 times in total
azwiz
azwiz
Forumember

Male Posts : 834
Language : english

https://www.valleyofthesuncc.com/

Back to top Go down

In progress Re: Why does " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ?

Post by SLGray December 1st 2016, 10:54 pm

Were these 2 members former staff or in a group that can moderate a section of your forum?

If it was set to administrators and moderator, members who are in groups that have moderation privileges will receive the contact PM.

Why does   " CONTACT " at the bottom of the homepage . Send a message to every member of the forum ? Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51464
Language : English

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down