The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.

Create a free forum like this one.

New Classified Ads: Icon Display: New Only (one icon) or New and Read (two icons)?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Solved New Classified Ads: Icon Display: New Only (one icon) or New and Read (two icons)?

Post by volvie! on December 9th 2016, 11:35 am

Hi Forumotion Help Team,

I've been testing the new Classified Ads format (http://help.forumotion.com/t148490-new-feature-on-forumotion-forums-classified-ads) on our forum and noticed that the forum icon color / icon does not change (it keeps displaying as a new post / red icon).

On our theme, the icon should change from red / new post --> blue / no new posts after the topic has been viewed / read.

At first I thought there may be a time element to this (i.e., the Classified Ads display as new for "x" amount days), but it has been over a week, so I went exploring in the Admin Panel and discovered that there is only one color icon (red) for the Ads forums:

Display --> Pictures and Colors / Pics Management --> Advanced Mode --> Icons for the Forum

Edit: Correction to the screen shot (if there should be two options):
Ads: Blue Icon
Ads - New: Red icon
End edit.

And, I do not see a way to create a new "Ads - New" Style Element to add the missing blue icon...

So, a few questions:
-Are the new Ads designed to display new all the time?
If so, there is nothing to fix and this topic can be closed.

-If not, how do I fix this?

---

Thank you for your time and consideration! Very Happy

Take care,
volvie!

Last edited by volvie! on December 10th 2016, 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
volvie!

Language : English

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Classified Ads: Icon Display: New Only (one icon) or New and Read (two icons)?

Post by SLGray on December 9th 2016, 9:04 pm

There is only one option for the ads. It does seem weird that there is not 2. I will ask.

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 39694

https://fmthemes.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: New Classified Ads: Icon Display: New Only (one icon) or New and Read (two icons)?

Post by APE on December 9th 2016, 9:50 pm

Hello i can help here

Right now the New ad's system is in beta mode When making this new tool for the forum the tech team only added only one Icon to the ACP system and this is the only one made for the ad's and this will not change (but it maybe in an update when we come out of beta mode.)

Right now there is no update on what will be added or removed. so right now it will not change whan the members make a post or it is read.

What i have done is change the icon to an unread icon so the members don't get mixed up.

APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 10459
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on December 9th 2016, 10:17 pm

Thanks @APE .

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by volvie! on December 10th 2016, 9:11 am

@APE wrote:Hello i can help here

Right now the New ad's system is in beta mode When making this new tool for the forum the tech team only added only one Icon to the ACP system and this is the only one made for the ad's and this will not change (but it maybe in an update when we come out of beta mode.)

Right now there is no update on what will be added or removed. so right now it will not change whan the members make a post or it is read.

What i have done is change the icon to an unread icon so the members don't get mixed up.

Hi SLGray and APE,

Thank you for the help and information! Shake

(If I could, I would have used the Thanks button for both your replies!)

I like your idea to change the color of the current icon from red to blue and I am really looking forward to the development of this new feature (I know our members are as well)!

Thanks again!

Topic Solved.

Take care,
volvie!
volvie!

Back to top Go down

Post by SLGray on December 10th 2016, 8:11 pm

Problem solved & topic archived.
Please read our forum rules: ESF General Rules

SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum