The forum of the forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears

2 posters

Go down

When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears Empty When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears

Post by Repa March 15th 2017, 7:57 pm

I am the administrator of geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net/forum. When I click the "Log in link" on the menu bar to log in, I get several popups and a voice telling me not to turn off my computer, that I have a virus, and to call some number. This is a known scam, and this does not occur on any other site I have visited. I used the power button to shut down, went into safe mode, restored the registry to an earlier time, deleted all cookies and temporary internet files, and ran a few virus, BHO, and malware scans just to be on the safe side. I would assume the message board has been hacked and the "log in" link is somehow being redirected or there are malicious "piggyback" URLs somehow associated with that link. I did not try the "Register" link. Any help you can give to return my message board so it is safe to "log in" will be appreciated. Thank you.
Repa
Repa
Forumember

Language : English

Back to top Go down

When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears Empty Re: When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears

Post by Repa March 15th 2017, 9:10 pm

My first posting of this problem disappeared, I cannot find it. But I got an email message that I have to do a search first for my problem and then post. Well, I did - and found nothing that relates to the problem described above. The above is a repeat of the first post I made that I can no longer find - it disappeared. Will someone at forumotion support please take a look at my message board or restore it or something so people can "log in" or "Register" without fear? Thank you for your assistance.
Repa
Repa
Forumember

Back to top Go down

When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears Empty Re: When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears

Post by SLGray March 15th 2017, 10:10 pm

When trying to "log in" on my message board, Malware Scam popup appears Slgray10

When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.
SLGray
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 51463

https://forumsclub.com/gc/128-link-directory/

Back to top Go down