The forum of the forums
Welcome to the Official Support Forum of Forumotion!

To take full advantage of everything offered by our forum, please log in if you are already a member, or join our community if you've not yet.



Create a free forum like this one.

Do not send password by email

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree or disagree ?

33% 33% 
[ 1 ]
67% 67% 
[ 2 ]
 
Total Votes : 3

Do not send password by email

Post by hamidou5765 on April 20th 2017, 10:51 am

Hello,
It is not secure at all that forumotion sends passwords for users registered by email that can be easily seen by the hackers.
You must hide password from email send when registering to a forum. :wouhou:

hamidou5765
Forumember

Posts : 116
Reputation : 3
Language : french

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by hamidou5765 on April 20th 2017, 3:20 pm

Please keep this e-mail in your savebox. Your account information is as follows:

----------------------------
Username: hamidou5765
Password:
----------------------------

Your account is currently inactive. You cannot use it until you visit the following link:
It is insecure. May be send :
Username: hamidou5765
Password: Hidden
Will be better.

hamidou5765
Forumember

Posts : 116
Reputation : 3
Language : french

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by SLGray on April 20th 2017, 8:25 pm

What exactly do you suggest?


When your topic has been solved, ensure you mark the topic solved.
Never post your email in public.

avatar
SLGray
Administrator
Administrator

Male Posts : 38225
Reputation : 2574
Language : English
Location : United States

http://ztwds.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Hide password when sent by email

Post by hamidou5765 on April 21st 2017, 4:12 pm


I am meaning in place on send password by email after registration, you can easily do not put password details, then you should rather put :
Username : hamidou5765
Password : Hidden for security issues
Password email can be reader by other people how access to your mailbox.
I am not talking about :
Please do not forget your password as it has been encrypted in our database: we cannot retrieve it for you. However, if you forget your password, you can request a new one to an Administrator.

hamidou5765
Forumember

Posts : 116
Reputation : 3
Language : french

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by jucarese on April 21st 2017, 8:25 pm

And if the password is hidden, how does the user see it ??
avatar
jucarese
Active Poster

Male Posts : 1070
Reputation : 15
Language : spanish
Location : Admin Spanish support

http://asistencia.foroactivo.com/u23082

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by APE on April 21st 2017, 8:34 pm

This Email is only sent to you the member and it's not seen by anyone else.
If you like you can save it in your Emails Saved box or Delete it.

the only time this Email is seen by anyone else is if you let some one have your Email address and password.

Or your Email address is hacked but then that is not down to use that is down to you the owner of the Email address.

what i did with my one was to send that email to a 2nd Email address that only i use at work and thats on my own server no one has that Email address in the world so it's safe

so what you could do is send the Email to a Email address that is not linked to any forum or any site "EASY" Then delete the sent files and delete the Email from your account so you will only have it hidden not linked to your forum address.

Adding a Hidden part to the password will not help the member if they forget the password and it will make the job harder for us on the team to keep resetting your password's every time when members forget them. so i VOTE NO



avatar
APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9645
Reputation : 872
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by hamidou5765 on April 21st 2017, 10:03 pm

@APE wrote:This Email is only sent to you the member and it's not seen by anyone else.
If you like you can save it in your Emails Saved box or Delete it.

the only time this Email is seen by anyone else is if you let some one have your Email address and password.

Or your Email address is hacked but then that is not down to use that is down to you the owner of the Email address.

what i did with my one was to send that email to a 2nd Email address that only i use at work and thats on my own server no one has that Email address in the world so it's safe

so what you could do is send the Email to a Email address that is not linked to any forum or any site "EASY" Then delete the sent files and delete the Email from your account so you will only have it hidden not linked to your forum address.

Adding a Hidden part to the password will not help the member if they forget the password and it will make the job harder for us on the team to keep resetting your password's every time when members forget them. so i VOTE NO
It is not always true. Servimg doesn't send password by email for example.

hamidou5765
Forumember

Posts : 116
Reputation : 3
Language : french

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by hamidou5765 on April 21st 2017, 10:05 pm

@jucarese wrote:And if the password is hidden, how does the user see it ??
The user can save his password generated in a safe place while registering, in a paper for example, it does not means that it is send by email.
https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/17979/is-sending-password-to-user-email-secure

hamidou5765
Forumember

Posts : 116
Reputation : 3
Language : french

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by APE on April 21st 2017, 10:46 pm

Servimg has nothing to do with us Servimg is just a host we use and link your account with them.
Servimg is not made or setup by us in anyway.



avatar
APE
Manager
Manager

Male Posts : 9645
Reputation : 872
Language : fluent in dork / mumbojumbo & English haha
Location : STUCK IN FORUMOTIONS SERVERS HELP ME !!!!!!

http://chatworld.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Re: Do not send password by email

Post by hamidou5765 on April 22nd 2017, 10:04 am

@APE wrote:Servimg has nothing to do with us Servimg is just a host we use and link your account with them.
Servimg is not made or setup by us in anyway.
I give an example for other websites. Hello

hamidou5765
Forumember

Posts : 116
Reputation : 3
Language : french

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum